#NinerNationGives 2021

TODAY is #NinerNationGives, our 6th annual 49-hour digital fundraising event for Niners everywhere to support our University.

I am a new member of the

• Grand Slam Club
  • Gold Glove Club (Softball)
  • Friends of Golf
  • Designated money to Women’s Basketball

Sorry Men’s Basketball, maybe you will make the cut next year.

3 Likes

Welcome to the GSC, Nugget. :baseball: :pick: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lowe’s Cos. Inc. (NYSE: LOW) has committed $1.5 million to UNC Charlotte as part of efforts to strengthen the university’s position as a technology hub.

UNC Charlotte’s College of Computing and Informatics will utilize that donation to build a talent pipeline for Lowe’s, the Charlotte region and beyond. Funds will be used to establish the Lowe’s Endowed Chair in Computer Science as well as the Lowe’s Technology Innovation Fund. The university will recruit a nationally recognized teacher, scholar and computer science leader for the endowment. That candidate’s research will focus on artificial intelligence and machine learning.

CCI is the largest computing college in North Carolina — and the No. 1 producer of computer science graduates in the Carolinas and Virginia. It offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs in computer science, bioinformatics and genomics, cybersecurity, data science and business analytics, health informatics, and software and information systems.

4 Likes

Yo. I agree with Nugget. Give them some of your money, or your credit card’s money. For $100 or less, you can join the GrandSlam Club. Our baseball team has earned that respect.

3 Likes

clt says over $2M raised and over 5500 donations

1 Like

$100 level of the GS Club also gets you a Nike game hat.

I just got a thank you email from Golf Coach Ryan Cabbage. That will probably ensure that I keep directing some of my money their way. :golfing_man:

Do you get any swag from these besides GSC? I love the GSC but I would like some swag from other sports too.

Yes, I am getting swag from other teams. Take a look at Friends of Charlotte Golf and Softball Gold Glove. I was going to direct the money that I would have donated anyway to specific teams, but this was a nice plus.

https://ecom.uncc.edu/C21561_ustores/web/index.jsp

1 Like

When do I get my hat?

https://twitter.com/unccharlotte/status/1385235740846706692?s=19

1 Like