Niners for the Cure

I’m doing this! If anyone is interested in doing it with me, let me know. It’s a great thing to do, and we can show the community our Niner pride! :smile:

[URL=http://www.publicrelations.uncc.edu/messages/raceforthecure/][COLOR=green]http://www.publicrelations.uncc.edu/messages/raceforthecure/[/COLOR][/URL]

when is the deadline to register?

when is the deadline to register?

didn’t say. I just emailed the lady tonight.

I think me and my fiance are doing this

I ask, because I am planning on coming down that weekend. I will gladly join you, as long as running a lot is not required. A fast walk would make me happy that early in the morning.

i am interested as well ill be here, and if transportation is provided then i would be willing to do it

I’ll go. I’d kinda like to run, but I’m not competitive whatsoever. Also, I’m kinda out of shape.

RUNNERS: Do you need much training for a 5K, or if I started running every night from now to Oct. 4th could I survive a 5K? Last time I ran, I was feeling rough after like a mile and a half (but I recently biked like 17 miles around campus and didn’t feel bad at all so I don’t know if that translates).

I'll go. I'd kinda like to run, but I'm not competitive whatsoever. Also, I'm kinda out of shape.

RUNNERS: Do you need much training for a 5K, or if I started running every night from now to Oct. 4th could I survive a 5K? Last time I ran, I was feeling rough after like a mile and a half (but I recently biked like 17 miles around campus and didn’t feel bad at all so I don’t know if that translates).

Jogging a 5K is a piece of cake as long as you’re somewhat athletic, not even that, you just have to be able to jog. Running a 5K is tougher.

You’ll be fine.

as long as your not going for a really good time, you gan get the 5k not to bad. Ill probably go see if i can improve my 5k time from last time i did one of these…last may or something like that

Jogging a 5K is a piece of cake as long as you're somewhat athletic, not even that, you just have to be able to jog. Running a 5K is tougher.

You’ll be fine.

Cool. Ok then, WHO’S COMIN WITH ME? Come on now, WHO’S COMIN WITH ME?

I’ll be running one that weekend as well, but not in Charlotte.

I'll be running one that weekend as well, but not in Charlotte.
Weak, Jason! We coulda totally Ninerfied that thing. Now our Ninerfication will be incomplete. Weak.

I guess I could jog, as long as people dont leave me behind. im a slow, out of shape, fatass lacrosse player with absolutly zero endurance.

I'll be running one that weekend as well, but not in Charlotte.

there’s one at tech too?

there's one at tech too?

Yeppers.

What if I don’t want to wear the ribbon? I want to go but I’m not sure I want to wear the ribbon. Will I be ok if I don’t wear it?

I'll go. I'd kinda like to run, but I'm not competitive whatsoever. Also, I'm kinda out of shape.

running and biking are NOT CLOSE, so don’t equate it

I run and mtn bike both pretty hard

you can build up to 3 miles in 2 wks, walk/jog it. Try to do your 5k in 30 min

i’m kinda interested… I like boobs

bump :]

[QUOTE=49or bust;344993]What if I don’t want to wear the ribbon? I want to go but I’m not sure I want to wear the ribbon. Will I be ok if I don’t wear it?

[/QUOTE]

That’s exactly why I won’t wear it!