Niners in the NFL / Pros

I would not be surprised if Benny gets at least a free agent shot with the Steelers. Alex is in a great situation playing with TJ Watt, who will take him in and teach him how to get stronger and smarter.

Poetically, I want Benny to go to the Jets.

4 Likes

A friend of mine from Pittsburgh, who is a lifelong Steelers fan, texted me to ask about Highsmith. I told him they were going to love him. We talked, he said “Pretty impressive to be a “walk on”. Steelers will make him great.”

100% proof that victor tucker will eventually be drafted is the fact that marshall DB chris jackson was drafted in the 7th round today. tucker absolutely abused him last season.

2 Likes

Can he cover? If he couldn’t, they probably take him in the 5th.

Can he win 3rd string lb? Maybe, but definitely 4th and probably sharing 3rd string we with Alex backing Watt and Ola backing Dupree.

Will he shine in Year 1? I think Alex will kick butt on Special teams. Hopefully he plays 10%-20% linebacker. It will help him following year after Dupree leaves.

Man, I really love the Panthers draft!!!Great defense is good fun!

I have never seen one athlete own another athlete like Tucker owned Jackson that cold rainy night in November.

4 Likes

Benny is reported for be signing free agent contract with the Browns

3 Likes

Time to start recruiting Western PA and Ohio

Does he have electric boots and a mohair suit?

1 Like

I believe so, I read it in a magazine.

3 Likes
2 Likes

This pretty much says it all.

In 7 years, @CharlotteFTBL went from never playing a down of football to:
-Being 1 of 14 Group of 5 schools with multiple picks in the 2020 NFL Draft
-Having more draft picks this year than 7 ACC schools and 19 Power 5 schools

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewJosupait/status/1254573422459453441

2 Likes

So
Lambert = good recruiter? :grin:

What I am taking from this is that Charlotte is a very attractive destination regardless of the coach, but with Healy we are going to take it to another level. Right?

1 Like

Shows how many diamonds in the rough there are out there. That’s where Lambert & Co had to recruit since we weren’t gonna get much love from 3*+ kids through those first few years. I’d say his staff did very well finding kids who weren’t being recruited but had a great work ethic and great potential.

With Healy, now we can go after the 3 and sometimes 4* kids with confidence, but that doesn’t mean they’ll develop into draft picks.

A huge factor is playing time. When you’re a young program with no depth, a walk-on can get playing time like Highsmith did. If he’d joined a deeper team and didn’t see minutes till Jr or Sr year, he wouldn’t have had the chance to become the player he did. .

Benny Lemay with some good runs on only a few rushing attempts with the Colts against the Panthers.

So far, 3 rushes for 23 yds. (Longest rush 14 yds)

1 Like

Clip of Benny being a beast!! BS taunting penalty called for this.

3 Likes

Just picked up a TD

2 Likes
3 Likes

Taunting penalty was a joke. Good running

1 Like