Niners on KenPom.com

[quote=ā€œTRLeader, post:13, topic:22417ā€]We have had a few good outings[/quote]wtf? a ā€œfewā€? we also have no bad outings.

We have no bad losses. On the other hand, weā€™ve had 5 1/2 bad outings (giving us half credit for the GT game).

the selection committee has not looked at margin of victory/losses in the past. why is it suddenly such a big issue with us this year?

I like Kenpom, but site was better when he still had the RPI rankings as well. Still refer to it several times a week anyway, especially when looking at what teams/conferences did over past seasons record-wise, post-season, etc.

Oddly enough, he ā€œerasedā€ the RPI section altogether when he stopped calculating those rankings, so canā€™t look at the archives for that anymore. BTW, those W-L predictions are fluid, so they will change as long as we keep winning.[/quote]
I pretty much agree with all this. Iā€™ve used Kenpomā€™s website for several years now. I thought it was way better before he took out RPI, but it is still a great resource. His display of stats is really nice for a getting a feel of a team, but you have to know how to read some stuff, such as contributors. That ranking only tells you basically who takes the most shots. His display of a schedule and projected wins/losses versus projected record are not calculated the same.

I donā€™t like his system for ranking teams tho. It is based entirely too much on margin of victory imo. I still like RPI better. However, his site is intended to predict who will win games (a betterā€™s guide kinda) rather than actually rank teams.

He had left the RPI stuff intact until recently because I still used it. Have to find another site to use for old RPI reference.