Niners to host 2013 A10 Baseball Tournament

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/06/12/2372233/49ers-to-host-2013-a-10-baseball.html

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2011/06/49ers-to-host-13-10-baseball-tournament.html

Just in time for our final season in the A10. :))

Any stadium upgrade projects planned or needed for this event?

No upgrades needed. It will probably we the highest attended A-10 Baseball Tournament as long as our normal crowd shows up.

I’m glad the Observer is all over this story. I think this was announced on Thursday.

Don’t you know the Observer gives us better coverage than any other newspaper? Their sports editor told us that himself. :wink: Now back on topic. This is great news and I can’t wait to host the baseball tournament.

Today the conference tourney. Tomorrow a regional. The next day a super regional.

[quote=“PARMAN, post:4, topic:25472”]This is great news and I can’t wait to host the baseball tournament.

Today the conference tourney. Tomorrow a regional. The next day a super regional.[/quote]

I believe there would need to be some facility upgrades to host a Regional or Super Regional. Lighting for one.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:5, topic:25472”][quote=“PARMAN, post:4, topic:25472”]This is great news and I can’t wait to host the baseball tournament.

Today the conference tourney. Tomorrow a regional. The next day a super regional.[/quote]

I believe there would need to be some facility upgrades to host a Regional or Super Regional. Lighting for one.[/quote]

Our lights aren’t good enough for TV?

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:5, topic:25472”][quote=“PARMAN, post:4, topic:25472”]This is great news and I can’t wait to host the baseball tournament.

I believe there would need to be some facility upgrades to host a Regional or Super Regional. Lighting for one.[/quote]
We’d need upgrades for a Super but we are good to go for a regional. Coastal has hosted a regional before and our facilities are way better. However when the hosted a Super they had to move to myrtle beach and play at the Pelicans stadium. There is no written rule on hosting a Super but usually you need about 3,500 seat facility or larger to be considered.

[quote=“919R, post:6, topic:25472”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:5, topic:25472”][quote=“PARMAN, post:4, topic:25472”]This is great news and I can’t wait to host the baseball tournament.

Our lights aren’t good enough for TV?[/quote]

It is my understanding that our lights are not up to standards for whatever reason. Would have to get new lights to host NCAA events.

We will have to upgrade conferences before we can host a regional.

:)) :)) :))

That is probably the biggest upgrade needed.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:8, topic:25472”][quote=“919R, post:6, topic:25472”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:5, topic:25472”][quote=“PARMAN, post:4, topic:25472”]This is great news and I can’t wait to host the baseball tournament.

It is my understanding that our lights are not up to standards for whatever reason. Would have to get new lights to host NCAA events.[/quote]

I saw lighting systems laying on the ground next to the stadium yesterday and wonder if they are for baseball.

[quote=“Niner89, post:11, topic:25472”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:8, topic:25472”][quote=“919R, post:6, topic:25472”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:5, topic:25472”][quote=“PARMAN, post:4, topic:25472”]This is great news and I can’t wait to host the baseball tournament.

It is my understanding that our lights are not up to standards for whatever reason. Would have to get new lights to host NCAA events.[/quote]

I saw lighting systems laying on the ground next to the stadium yesterday and wonder if they are for baseball.[/quote]
Those are from Rec Fields 8 and 9, where they’re building the stadium now. The lights are going to be relocated behind Wachovia Field House, etc. for the new rec fields that are being built there now.

And I’m pretty sure the lights from the rec fields are also not up to NCAA standard.

We are in better shape than most all of the other schools in our conference…

The conference office made it a priority for the Athletics Directors to submit bids for moving the championships back to campuses, after five years of holding the tournament at neutral sites. Fordham will host the 2012 tournament, with Charlotte garnering the 2013 site and Saint Louis taking on the 2014 championships. [b]Those are the only three baseball sites in the conference with lights.[/b]

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=363421&SPID=44796&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205159940&DB_OEM_ID=23200