NIT and A10

URI and Dayton fighting their way. Do they make money for the league in the NIT?

Their in the Final Four now. :o

Hopefully Rhody knocks off UNC-CH and its a Dayton-Rhody final.

pale blue rams vs pale blue rams…

VS

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:3, topic:22855”]pale blue rams vs pale blue rams…

VS [/quote]

VT saw the pale blue and lost all hope. They must not of known of the other great big (pale) blue.

yeah…the a10 didn’t deserve any more ncaa bids…

why? B/c there are two in the final 4? Should they give an extra one to the ACC since UNC made it? Wow.

I think anyone that makes the final 4 of the NIT is good enough to make the tournament.

Xavier wins out, Rhody or Dayton win NIT and Saint Louis wins CBI. Headline: A10 wins 3 postseason tournaments, but still sucks…yea, the A10 is a terrible league clearly. Yes that was sarcasm.

I think anyone that makes the final 4 of the NIT is good enough to make the tournament.[/quote]

That goes along with my idea for NCAA Tournament ‘expansion’: Give four spots in a 64-team NCAA bracket to the NIT Final 4. Suddenly, an NIT berth has value and that tournament generates interest.

The light blue Ram on the left is not gay

I think anyone that makes the final 4 of the NIT is good enough to make the tournament.[/quote]

That goes along with my idea for NCAA Tournament ‘expansion’: Give four spots in a 64-team NCAA bracket to the NIT Final 4. Suddenly, an NIT berth has value and that tournament generates interest.[/quote]
How can they have the NIT before the NCAA tournament starts? It would make that tournament matter, and also punish teams that have to get in that way (having to play more games)… I think that would be a neat idea.

That goes along with my idea for NCAA Tournament ‘expansion’: Give four spots in a 64-team NCAA bracket to the NIT Final 4. Suddenly, an NIT berth has value and that tournament generates interest.[/quote]
How can they have the NIT before the NCAA tournament starts? It would make that tournament matter, and also punish teams that have to get in that way (having to play more games)… I think that would be a neat idea.[/quote]

Well, the NIT starts off early in the week (Tues/Wed)
And it only takes 2 weekends for the NCAA Tournament to go from 65 to the Sweet 16 to the Final 4.

So it might push the 65 team NCAA bracket forward another week or so (but, then again, so would expanding the bracket to 96 teams).

I agree.

Honestly, I’ve said before I think winning the NIT is about as good as getting to the Sweet 16 or at least the 2nd round of the NCAA. Just doesn’t look that way because it is still a loser’s tournament.

==========

I also like Survivor’s idea. How can making the college basketball season longer (without damaging the NCAA Tournament by expanding it to 96 teams) be a bad thing?

Who do these 4 teams play? When do they join the field of 65? how do you seed them?

I agree.

Honestly, I’ve said before I think winning the NIT is about as good as getting to the Sweet 16 or at least the 2nd round of the NCAA. Just doesn’t look that way because it is still a loser’s tournament.[/quote]

Bubble teams are typically seeded in horrible spots to make it out of the second round. So, instead of having to beat some of the top 20 teams in the nation, you win the NIT by beating a bunch of other bubble teams.

I’d say anyone that makes the final four of the NIT could’ve COMPETED in the tourney, but their seasons weren’t good enough for them to even be in it.

Let 'em play each other. No seeding.

Then match up the NIT winner with the top overall #1 seed in the Sweet 16.

-It gives the NIT value
-The NCAA Tournament would have 30 autos & 30 at-larges & 4 NIT teams

• It artificially creates expansion

That doesn’t work. Sweet 16 is supposed to be a 4 seed. Who plays the first two rounds?

Except for the whole fact they didn’t make it.

Yeah, this would mean Chapel Hill is in the tournament, they didn’t deserve to go and I don’t think you’ll find anyone who thinks they did deserve it.

Let 'em play each other. No seeding.

Then match up the NIT winner with the top overall #1 seed in the Sweet 16.

-It gives the NIT value
-The NCAA Tournament would have 30 autos & 30 at-larges & 4 NIT teams

• It artificially creates expansion[/quote]How do you add a team that late?

Also, if only the NIT Champion is added, then wouldn’t that mean that only one team is added to the NCAA Tournament?