NN Gold - What would you like to see?

why not make a rule you canā€™t enter the student section unless you are wearing a Niner Nation shirt or charlotte jersey. green or white is not a big deal. If people want to complain make sure there are shirts there you can give out that are green easy as that.

too late. im about to get artistic...

By all means do so. I enjoy these slaugā€¦ errrrā€¦ paintings.

why not make a rule you can't enter the student section unless you are wearing a Niner Nation shirt or charlotte jersey. green or white is not a big deal. If people want to complain make sure there are shirts there you can give out that are green easy as that.

We can make damn sure you cant get into any kind of NNG section without a Niner Nation shirt on. As for 104, that is up to us.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;251098]We can make damn sure you cant get into any kind of NNG section without a Niner Nation shirt on. As for 104, that is up to us.[/QUOTE]

my point is there needs to be some kind of enforcement from the AD that states that no one will be allowed into the student section without wearing a Niner Nation shirt. They can do a thing where if you donā€™t have one. One will be provided. The shirt must also last you the entire season. So donā€™t lose it because you would not be permitted entry in these sections/seats without wearing it. you know?

i think we asked about this last year.

my point is there needs to be some kind of enforcement from the AD that states that no one will be allowed into the student section without wearing a Niner Nation shirt. They can do a thing where if you don't have one. One will be provided. The shirt must also last you the entire season. So don't lose it because you would not be permitted entry in these sections/seats without wearing it. you know?

im not sure if there could be an actual ruleā€¦or that the AD would be concerned at all with enforcing something like thatā€¦thats why we have to enforce.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;251104]im not sure if there could be an actual ruleā€¦or that the AD would be concerned at all with enforcing something like thatā€¦thats why we have to enforce.[/QUOTE]

Yea but in general you go look at venues such tennessee where they sections devided up into white and orange shirts. EVERYONE in that section where their designated shirt.

Those shirts are given out though at the game im sure.

Well actually not EVERYone is wearing the orange or white in those sections. I feel like if someone wants to be a douche, theyā€™re going to be a douche. Itā€™s up to you, as students, to make them feel like a douche. Get it? Universities are about free speech, so if someone wants to wear another schoolā€™s colors into the student section, you must just incessantly ā€œfree speechā€ them right back til they get the message. Donā€™t make people wear the green shirts unless they want to.

While I personally donā€™t like the white shirts, it wasnā€™t only my suggestion.

My pet peeve with it was that the ADept. constantly says, ā€œWear Green and Go Niners!ā€ but yet gives us white shirts. Iā€™m a big green fan, and Iā€™m actually more in support of a standard shade of green for our Niner Nation shirts, but no one really seems to side with me.

As for the bus trips to Halton, weā€™d have to look into prices and such. It canā€™t be cheap to bus all those students to Bobcats. I wonder if we could rent CMS Activity Buses for those days.

I doubt weā€™ll be able to enforce a"you canā€™t sit here" policy. A more effective policy would be giving out prizes at big games to people wearing green.

ā€œBe one of the first 4,000 people to show up wearing your GREEN NINER NATION shirt and get a free 49ers Headband!ā€

As for making a person feel like a douche, anyone remember when the student section called out a woman in the front rows wearing a Chapel Hill shirt? The cheerleaders got mad at us.

Above all else, the best way to have a good student section is to have a good basketball team.

While I personally don't like the white shirts, it wasn't only my suggestion.

My pet peeve with it was that the ADept. constantly says, ā€œWear Green and Go Niners!ā€ but yet gives us white shirts. Iā€™m a big green fan, and Iā€™m actually more in support of a standard shade of green for our Niner Nation shirts, but no one really seems to side with me.

As for the bus trips to Halton, weā€™d have to look into prices and such. It canā€™t be cheap to bus all those students to Bobcats. I wonder if we could rent CMS Activity Buses for those days.

I doubt weā€™ll be able to enforce a"you canā€™t sit here" policy. A more effective policy would be giving out prizes at big games to people wearing green.

ā€œBe one of the first 4,000 people to show up wearing your GREEN NINER NATION shirt and get a free 49ers Headband!ā€

As for making a person feel like a douche, anyone remember when the student section called out a woman in the front rows wearing a Chapel Hill shirt? The cheerleaders got mad at us.

Above all else, the best way to have a good student section is to have a good basketball team.

LoL

Well, weā€™ll have to limit it to just section 104

i say we extend 104 into 105ā€¦ i meanā€¦ it does sit RIGHT behind the benchā€¦ and speaking as someone who sat in the same row every game right behind the benchā€¦ i would like a little help in this no carolina or any other school BS

plus i like the green

Oh, and someone mentioned this to me once when talking about the school and the overall basketball/school spirit situationā€¦ and i dont know where else to propose or ask this questionā€¦

Everyone knows the man known as ā€œthe Cat manā€ that goes to ALL of the panthers games and apparently all of the bobcats games as wellā€¦ Now - the guy has kinda become, IMO and many others as well, one of the faces of Charlotte sportsā€¦ What if we could get this guy to come to our games and support our team? Does anyone else think that it may be a small part of getting us at least a little more recognition throughout the city? The guy is obviously passionate about Charlotte sports, and if we could make him as passionate about UC as he is about everything elseā€¦ i could see it being a possitive. Plus the people love him

why donā€™t we worry about making our top level look like the picture of tennesee, before we worry about the bottom level.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;251189]i say we extend 104 into 105ā€¦ i meanā€¦ it does sit RIGHT behind the benchā€¦ and speaking as someone who sat in the same row every game right behind the benchā€¦ i would like a little help in this no carolina or any other school BS

plus i like the green[/QUOTE]
I hate that the one section next to 104 is never full. Please change the mentality of that section.

Oh, and someone mentioned this to me once when talking about the school and the overall basketball/school spirit situation... and i dont know where else to propose or ask this question...

Everyone knows the man known as ā€œthe Cat manā€ that goes to ALL of the panthers games and apparently all of the bobcats games as wellā€¦ Now - the guy has kinda become, IMO and many others as well, one of the faces of Charlotte sportsā€¦ What if we could get this guy to come to our games and support our team? Does anyone else think that it may be a small part of getting us at least a little more recognition throughout the city? The guy is obviously passionate about Charlotte sports, and if we could make him as passionate about UC as he is about everything elseā€¦ i could see it being a possitive. Plus the people love him

although thatā€™s a good idea, he lives in winston-salem. heā€™s had panthers tickets since the beginning, and the bobcats im pretty sure either pay him or give him free tickets/benefits for coming. maybe if we gave him some free tix or somethingā€¦but then againā€¦not weā€¦the AD.

as far as agreeing with what feltis said, it would be one thing if we had backing from ā€¦ anyoneā€¦that didnt want the chapel hill stuff, it would make things easier. but if you really think of it, weā€™re the minority. half the people dont want us saying that because they like chapel hill. our cheerleaders, probably included. some of our ad, probably included. our chancellorā€¦includedā€¦i could go onā€¦againā€¦weā€™re the minority. thats why it sucks when you call someone out on campus thatā€™s wearing chapel hill stuff. itā€™s not like you call them out and they see everyone wearing charlotte stuffā€¦itā€™s like you call them out and them and the rest of the people wearing carolina stuff just kinda look at you funnyā€¦and when you wear charlotte stuff on campus you feel out of place. and dammit, itā€™s effing DISGUSTING.

although that's a good idea, he lives in winston-salem. he's had panthers tickets since the beginning, and the bobcats im pretty sure either pay him or give him free tickets/benefits for coming. maybe if we gave him some free tix or something...but then again..not we..the AD.

as far as agreeing with what feltis said, it would be one thing if we had backing from ā€¦ anyoneā€¦that didnt want the chapel hill stuff, it would make things easier. but if you really think of it, weā€™re the minority. half the people dont want us saying that because they like chapel hill. our cheerleaders, probably included. some of our ad, probably included. our chancellorā€¦includedā€¦i could go onā€¦againā€¦weā€™re the minority. thats why it sucks when you call someone out on campus thatā€™s wearing chapel hill stuff. itā€™s not like you call them out and they see everyone wearing charlotte stuffā€¦itā€™s like you call them out and them and the rest of the people wearing carolina stuff just kinda look at you funnyā€¦and when you wear charlotte stuff on campus you feel out of place. and dammit, itā€™s effing DISGUSTING.

We might be the minorty, but it is our homecourt, and if we unite and really go after them, I garuntee you people will listen. No UNCCH fans will come together to fight us.

While I personally don't like the white shirts, it wasn't only my suggestion.

The guys at the table got mad at us too. And I am fully for any system that gets me free headbands.

Any ideas on how to stop people from wearing other schoolsā€™ stuff so prominently on our campus?

Other than using a huge megaphone from the Belk Tower, I canā€™t think of any way to do it.

Actually, thats a brilliant idea. Lets just stand by the Belk Tower, with like 5-10 people and call people out. We can maybe have the Bookstore there, selling a NN shirt.