NNNIT 2nd Round Utter Region: Jim Utter vs SF4Nynah

VOTE!

2nd Round match-up

(1) Jim Utter vs (5) SF4Nynah

If I can post what I did in the post where I was preparing for this matchup… (In light of recent information, this post may very well be irrelevent, but I thought I would keep it anyway)

Looking over the bracket, it looks like I’m now up against out shoutbox hero, Jim_Utter. I do realize that this is a [I]very[/I] difficult matchup, but let me plead my case. I do know that Jim has done a lot for Niner Nation this year - so much that his presence in the NNNIT is debatable, but regardless, here he is. Unfortunately, I believe there is no strategy but to take the low road… and question Jim_Utter’s dedication to the Nation. ([B]Let me preface this with the statement that I truly do appreciate Jim, and this is all joking[/B]).

There’s a major difference between Jim_Utter’s dedication to Niner Nation and SF4Nynah’s. SF4Nynah chose the Nation. He paid thousands of dollars, he proudly holds a degree from the university, he attended close to 200 Niner athletic events and he went full out with hair, face paint, and various other green/white ensembles for not only men’s basketball, but women’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, baseball, softball and even tennis and track. Face painted at a track meet is dedication, my friends. Over the top? Maybe. A little too much? Possibly. But can you really go wrong with showing your Niner spirit?

And my dedication didn’t go unnoticed. On Senior Night '06, when the men’s team was introduced, and athletic department thanked Gang Green (of which I was a spirit leader) and thanked me specifically by name. When you get named on Senior Night, you know you’ve been dedicated.

Jim_Utter? He was assigned to the Nation. It’s his job, his beat. He covers the men’s basketball and his part is over. He does give us great information, he does give us great play-by-play, and he does do more than necessary. But under it all… what color does he bleed?

Let’s face it… Jim_Utter is the odds on favorite to win this thing. But what would it mean to him? Not a whole lot honestly. To a Niner alum and a proud member of the Nation (and Gang Green)… it would truly be an honor.

So it’s your choice. You can choose a fellow Niner who spent just as much time in the trenches as anyone, who is a willing and proud member of Niner Nation, or someone who [I]technically[/I] can’t show any team loyalty. Jim, we appreciate what you do for the Niners, but in the end, loyalty should win.

In closing, I say something that Jim can’t… [B][COLOR=SeaGreen]GO NINERS!!![/COLOR][/B]

No offense to SFNynah…but how is this even close?

Might I remind everyone, that in this match up is JIM UTTER. The Jim Utter. The man is a graduate of Charlotte and is the sole source of Utter-vision and in game commentary.

But, if SF4Nynah pulls off the upset…he is unbeatable.

No offense to SFNynah...but how is this even close?

But, if SF4Nynah pulls off the upset…he is unbeatable.

Wait a minute… can the selection committee attempt to influence the games? I call fix!

Must have worked, LAX… three votes in less than two minutes for Utter.
Come on, doesn’t everyone love an underdog?

Wait a minute.... can the selection committee attempt to influence the games? I call fix!
Considering i'm in the tournament, i have as much right to influence other votes as you do. plus, it's jim utter. If he doesnt win this thing, its fixed.
Considering i'm in the tournament, i have as much right to influence other votes as you do. plus, it's jim utter. If he doesnt win this thing, its fixed.

Okay, true. But still… do you want someone associated with Mike Persinger to hold the NNNIT crown?

After a couple more Utter votes, I think this one is going to be out of hand soon. I think 5-5 was as close as it’ll be.

in the famous words of billy packer

“this game is over”

No offense to SFNynah...but how is this even close?

Might I remind everyone, that in this match up is JIM UTTER. The Jim Utter. The man is a graduate of Charlotte and is the sole source of Utter-vision and in game commentary.

Somebody loves a jim utter I believe in an unhealthy manner…

Man, this is what people did to Hitler at the beginng and look what happened.

in the famous words of billy packer

“this game is over”

Jim has a decent little lead, but it’s not over yet.

At least throw a couple of votes my way to make it respectable.

If I was running a Bev Purdue or Richard Moore campaign I would have already launched a billion attack ads railing against your dishonest tactics, out -right begging for votes and misrepresentation of my background. But I’m not going to do that.

Or did I ?

If I was running a Bev Purdue or Richard Moore campaign I would have already launched a billion attack ads railing against your dishonest tactics, out -right begging for votes and misrepresentation of my background. But I'm not going to do that.

Or did I ?

I wouldn’t say dishonest per se… When I made that first post, I didn’t know you were a Charlotte alum. Had I known you were a fellow Niner, that would have changed my campaign. And vote begging? I threw a post or two in the shoutbox. When you’re up against the wonderboy, you can’t just sit there. I didn’t misrepresent your background, I simply unjustly questioned it.

We all know this thing is yours to win. I just wanted to make it interesting. I’d feel kinda bad if I won anyway, after all you did for us here (By the way, thanks for that). Note, this is not an official concession though.

Perhaps I should start a "I own the shoutbox " thread or “Surprise - the government wastes money” thread. They seem to be all the rage :slight_smile:

Right now, I’m seven back. I don’t think that’s too bad of a showing.

Perhaps I should start a "I own the shoutbox " thread or "Surprise - the government wastes money" thread. They seem to be all the rage :)

I nominate the “I own the shoutbox” thread as the worst thread of 2008 so far.

Random Stats(as of 6:52pm 4/8/08)
Jim Utter
Votes for - 63
Votes against - 24

SF4Nynah
Votes for - 40
Votes against - 33

Random Stats(as of 6:52pm 4/8/08) Jim Utter Votes for - 63 Votes against - 24

SF4Nynah
Votes for - 40
Votes against - 33

I think someone really wants Jim_Utter to take the NNNIT.

Utter opens the lead to 10 now… not looking too good.

2 days left!