NNR - Can someone explain the state football

Divisions 2, 3, & 4, have to have 4 wins (4-7,) but there are so few 1 teams, that you can get in w/ 1 (1-10.)

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Oct 27 2005, 06:49 PM [b] Divisions 2, 3, & 4, have to have 4 wins (4-7,) but there are so few 1 teams, that you can get in w/ 1 (1-10.) [/b]
Yeah, this is our first year in 4A. We're hating life.
[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Oct 27 2005, 07:49 PM [b] Divisions 2, 3, & 4, have to have 4 wins (4-7,) but there are so few 1 teams, that you can get in w/ 1 (1-10.) [/b]
everyone gets a ribbon. I hate that kids might have to compete in life.

I think it’s good to have private schools in the public tourney because the private tourney was a joke.
But I don’t like the 8 Tourney. It should go back to 4.
If you think it’s bad for one conf. to have teams in 2 tourneys, 3A & 3AA for example, their are some split conferences, 1A/2A, 2A/3A, & 3A/4A. They could conceivably be in 4 tourneys in one conf., 1A, 1AA, 2A, & 2AA for example. Now that’s crazy.

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Oct 27 2005, 06:44 PM [b] At least they've now passed a rule that you have to have at least four wins to qualify for the playoffs... the school I teach at is 1-8, so they're ineligible. [/b]
1-9, L against North Meck
[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Oct 29 2005, 10:55 AM [b] I think it's good to have private schools in the public tourney because the private tourney was a joke.

[/b]

The Private School Tourney may have been a joke, but allowing schools that can legally recruit players to compete in the same playoffs against schools that cannot is way beyond not fair. I know that Forsyth and Mecklenburg have “free transfer”, but it’s nothing like being able to recruit athletes to schools from wherever. It may not make as big a difference for football because of the number of players, but for sports such as basketball and baseball it can make a huge difference.

But isn’t the point to have all kids come together. Maybe B-Ball can be skewed, but in football, private is actually a disadvantage.
Also, they should outlaw private or public schools recruiting, including "free transfer."
The playoffs are screwed up. They have teams from the same conference playing in the 1st round. The Ncaa tourney, the Nfl, & the Mlb don’t allow that.
From the North Piedmont conf., W. Rowan plays Mooresville, & N. Iredell plays W. Iredell. You’re guaranteed to to have 2 N. Piedmont teams lose.

Here’s the [URL=http://www.nchsaa.org/genPage/index.pl?pgid=60][B]NCHSAA link[/B][/URL] for Class A and AA breakdowns as well as the playoff brackets for each division.

In the 3A bracket, Piedmont Triad Conference members Kernersville Glenn (10-1, 4-1), High Point Andrews (8-3, 4-1), Winston-Salem Carver (8-2, 4-1), Winston-Salem Parkland (7-4, 2-3) and Southwest Guilford (5-6, 1-4) all qualified.

Andrews is the West #3 seed, Carver is the #5 West seed in the 3A Division which I can understand. However in the 3AA Division, Glenn is the West #3 seed, Parkland is the West #13 seed but somehow Southwest Guilford moves to the East as the #12 seed.

Can someone explain this one to me? How does a team from the same conference move to a region different from the other teams in their conference?

I think eght Champs is a little much also. But, I think they should look at doing something like SC does. Pu all the mega-schools in a bigger class and then divide the rest into 4 classes.

It’s dumb to have 8 classes, but it’s also dumb to think that a 4A school with 1,000 kids can compete year-in, year-out with schools that have 2,500+ students. Let me qualify this by saying I’m not of the exact #'s, that’s just an example.

Why do you all crown 8 champions?? I see 1a, 1aa, 2a, 2aa, etc. What is it?

The state is divided into divisions based on the student population at the school. 1A are the smallest schools and 4A the largest. This is an attempt to level the field in some manner. After all, you are more likely to field a competitive team when recruiting from 2000 students than you are when recruiting from 300 students. Also, the potential for a higher caliber player increases as the number of students increase. It’s been this way since I was a high school footballer in the 60’s.
4T9R-PE