No buzz at all?

I’ve been away for a couple weeks and so I was excited to log in and see what buzz there was around offers being made and our chances of landing someone promising. Looks incredibly barren, though. 5-6 schollies and nothing out there worth reporting?

[quote=“dmastinsc, post:1, topic:30898”]I’ve been away for a couple weeks and so I was excited to log in and see what buzz there was around offers being made and our chances of landing someone promising. Looks incredibly barren, though. 5-6 schollies and nothing out there worth reporting?[/quote]nothing really known publicly.

We have a good shot with Haslem, but no idea about anyone else.

I think its safe to say there is very little buzz going on with the whole program in general.

Sometimes there is no buzz by design, getting guys in w/o other schools noticing, etc. How often do we go after kids and then Clemson/UT pop up?

Signing day is next Wednesday. Let’s see what happens.

[quote=“moss2k, post:4, topic:30898”]Sometimes there is no buzz by design, getting guys in w/o other schools noticing, etc. How often do we go after kids and then Clemson/UT pop up?

Signing day is next Wednesday. Let’s see what happens.[/quote]

I’m really hoping this is the case because I like Price and I want him to be successful. I’m hopeful we have some sleepers that we have no idea about!

[quote=“moss2k, post:4, topic:30898”]Sometimes there is no buzz by design, getting guys in w/o other schools noticing, etc. How often do we go after kids and then Clemson/UT pop up?

Felt like we were advance scouts for the ACC for a while. I remember offering kids and getting in good and then they pop up on the radar of VT, Clemson, State, WFU, etc.

[quote=“NewNiner, post:6, topic:30898”][quote=“moss2k, post:4, topic:30898”]Sometimes there is no buzz by design, getting guys in w/o other schools noticing, etc. How often do we go after kids and then Clemson/UT pop up?

Felt like we were advance scouts for the ACC for a while. I remember offering kids and getting in good and then they pop up on the radar of VT, Clemson, State, WFU, etc.[/quote]Still are, now instead of VT/Clemson leaching on, it’s Tennessee and Clemson.

Also worth noting, this upcoming signing day isn’t like football where it’s a big push for recruits to sign on the first day. Many visits that are being lined up are after Signing day.

[quote=“Niner National, post:2, topic:30898”][quote=“dmastinsc, post:1, topic:30898”]I’ve been away for a couple weeks and so I was excited to log in and see what buzz there was around offers being made and our chances of landing someone promising. Looks incredibly barren, though. 5-6 schollies and nothing out there worth reporting?[/quote]nothing really known publicly.

We have a good shot with Haslem, but no idea about anyone else.[/quote]
I hope someone sees something in Haslem, besides size, that I don’t see.
I hope I’m wrong but he looks like the Freshman Mike Thorne to me.

[quote=“ninerJ, post:9, topic:30898”][quote=“Niner National, post:2, topic:30898”][quote=“dmastinsc, post:1, topic:30898”]I’ve been away for a couple weeks and so I was excited to log in and see what buzz there was around offers being made and our chances of landing someone promising. Looks incredibly barren, though. 5-6 schollies and nothing out there worth reporting?[/quote]nothing really known publicly.

We have a good shot with Haslem, but no idea about anyone else.[/quote]
I hope someone sees something in Haslem, besides size, that I don’t see.
I hope I’m wrong but he looks like the Freshman Mike Thorne to me.[/quote]I haven’t watched a second of film on him but he was 24th in offensive rebounding and 95th in points per 40 minutes in juco.

That alone isn’t team changing but we have 6 scholarships to fill. If each of those goes to a guy that fills a needed role, we will be a better team. What we can’t afford.ro have though is three or four of those go to people that simply can’t contribute at a d1 level.

If we get 2 or 3 guys for defense and rebounding that can chip in 5 ppg and sone scorers that can hit 3’s and not turn the ball over, then we will see progression.

I’m not optimistic about next season, but we don’t need to sign a star, just 4 guys that are size appropriate for their position that offer some kind of value whether it be dedense, rebounding, or scoring…and hopefully one guy that can do at least two of the three.