No NN meltdown over comment during Bobcats game???

I assumed that when I logged onto NN tonight there would be a long ugly thread about the
comment during the Bobcats game.

The whole place booed Reddick when he came in (which I don’t get) and the announcer
said that “Charlotte was a UNC Chapel Hill town”.

In the words of the great John Fox - It is what it is.

It is unfortunately. We need to change that, but for now it’s the truth.

They booed him hard every time he touched the ball.

I was at the game and I didn’t hear “Charlotte is a Chapel Hill town.” I did, however, see someone holding a sign on that said “JJ is a crybaby Go Heels!” and they showed it on the big screen. That had nothing to do with the Bobcats and I was pretty angry they had that on the screen. Tar Hole fans are the new Cowboys fans.

clt says this is why he doesn’t even acknowledge the nba team in charlotte.

i did hear the commentator say something along the lines that charlotte is a carolina tar heel city. I WANTED TO PUKE. 49ers still get no respect from a national level. i could go on but i think everyone on here knows what needs to happen

Well then we’re going to have to embark on a MAJOR mission to take this city and make it ours.

ugh

You all need to get over yourselves. You’re just as bad as the “Walmart Chapel Hill Fans” when you completely dismiss any team in Charlotte. You’re doing exactly what they do to us.

In reality, Charlotte IS a UNC Chapel Hill town. It’s the truth, face it. Yes, we do need to change that and it will change with time (and football). For the meantime, change your diaper and support Charlotte’s teams.

there is an nba team in charlotte?

I’m not always online or near a computer, but yeah, I was p.o.'ed.

Ridiculous. Welcome to pro sports…if you’re booing anyone it should be VC or Dwight…because those are the ones with the rivalry with the Cats…plus there’s a Duke player ON THE EFFING TEAM. I hate Notre Dame…but as of a day ago I’m a huge Jimmy Clausen fan. Hell our franchise player for 8 years was a tarhole. In pro sports…gotta let that go sometimes. I wear 49ers gear every time I go to a Cats game. Last time it got me and jfickett’s seats upgraded from upper level to 10 rows behind the court so I’ll take that.

You all need to get over yourselves. You’re just as bad as the “Walmart Chapel Hill Fans” when you completely dismiss any team in Charlotte. You’re doing exactly what they do to us.

In reality, Charlotte IS a UNC Chapel Hill town. It’s the truth, face it. Yes, we do need to change that and it will change with time (and football). For the meantime, change your diaper and support Charlotte’s teams.[/quote]

clt is confused how he is a wal mart fan. clt doesn’t care about the charlotte nba team because half the franchise is comprised of blue fairys.

In reality, Charlotte IS a UNC Chapel Hill town. It’s the truth, face it. Yes, we do need to change that and it will change with time (and football). For the meantime, change your diaper and support Charlotte’s teams.[/quote]

clt is confused how he is a wal mart fan. clt doesn’t care about the charlotte nba team because half the franchise is comprised of blue fairys.[/quote]

I never told you that you are a Walmart Fan, but you’re on their level. You’re acting in a very similar way to what you’re complaining about. Some people might call you a “hypocrite”, if you’ve ever heard of that.

The place was packed yesterday and the atmosphere was amazing. I wish I had tickets for the Monday night game too.

Don’t you have some arts and crafts to make or some soccer to watch instead?

I guess most NBA players are great guys and they all are great athletes (with the possible exception of Adam Morrison). Playoff games are anything but boring. I just can’t get excited because the team doesn’t belong to the city even if the city built it a very nice place to play. The team belongs to the owners. Anyone remember the Hornets? Anyway, MJ has a horrible history as an executive and I have zero confidence he can lead the Bobcats to sustained excellence. So I choose not to care.

Of all of the NBA basketball that I have watched this year, it has all seemed to be more of a gimmick than a sport.

1. Nobody plays like a team. It is like you’re watching five 1v1 games and not one 5v5.
  2. On the occasion that a team does run an offensive set, it seems like they are going through the motions to give the appearance of team play. The offensive players start moving until the guy with the ball settles for a mid-range jumper.
  3. There is no real atmosphere. Any crowd enthusiasm is manufactured by a PA announcer playing cheerleader, an organ, or even a rap beat played during the game is if it is the And1 Mixtape Tour and not a legitimate athletic league.

[quote=“Lew, post:19, topic:23148”]Of all of the NBA basketball that I have watched this year, it has all seemed to be more of a gimmick than a sport.

1. Nobody plays like a team. It is like you’re watching five 1v1 games and not one 5v5.

2. On the occasion that a team does run an offensive set, it seems like they are going through the motions to give the appearance of team play. The offensive players start moving until the guy with the ball settles for a mid-range jumper.

3. There is no real atmosphere. Any crowd enthusiasm is manufactured by a PA announcer playing cheerleader, an organ, or even a rap beat played during the game is if it is the And1 Mixtape Tour and not a legitimate athletic league.[/quote]

4. The Orlando Magic play very well as a team. Watching them last year in the playoffs was a beautiful thing. They always make that extra pass to get the best shot. Charlotte has the best defense in the NBA and has shut down their offensive sets, thus the playoffs have turned into the Jameer Nelson show. I usually love watching the Magic play, but not this series and not just cuz they are beating us.

5. It was pretty loud last night, but nowhere near as loud as our game vs Temple. I was sitting next to two guys who looked completely out of place (think of a guitarist or bass player for some band like Dimmu Borgir or Cradle of Filth). They sat down the entire game, even when it was tied up with a minute left. I understand sitting most of a football game, but basketball is a fast paced sport. Not much compares to the 104 experience. Even being in a different area of Halton during a big time game (and this was a big time game) seemed louder/more energetic than where I was at Bobcat’s arena. I would like to see more organization among fans in the NBA, and at our games though ours seem better. The organized chants, songs, etc. at world football (soccer) games is great and I think that’s something that would better the NBA experience.