No respect

The Princeton Review came out with the best 361 colleges and universities in the country. Our beloved school is nowhere to be found on the list. UNC-Asheville, UNC-Greensboro, Guilford, Furman made the list.

I am not sure of the criteria for rating the schools is but it is hard to believe we are not on that list.

I graduated almost 30 years ago and there was definitely a lack of respect for us back then. I had hoped things had changed.

It smarts when our basketball program gets consistently overlooked but this really hurts.

If you look at where we rank with our Acadmic programs, it is not that hard to fathom why we are not on the list.

Name one Academic program that is in the top 20 of its category.

[i]Originally posted by vbniner[/i]@Aug 23 2005, 02:04 PM [b] If you look at where we rank with our Acadmic programs, it is not that hard to fathom why we are not on the list.

Name one Academic program that is in the top 20 of its category. [/b]

Architecture.

Gee, that was hard.

[i]Originally posted by Colorado49er[/i]@Aug 23 2005, 02:44 PM [b] The Princeton Review came out with the best 361 colleges and universities in the country. Our beloved school is nowhere to be found on the list. UNC-Asheville, UNC-Greensboro, Guilford, Furman made the list.

I am not sure of the criteria for rating the schools is but it is hard to believe we are not on that list.

I graduated almost 30 years ago and there was definitely a lack of respect for us back then. I had hoped things had changed.

It smarts when our basketball program gets consistently overlooked but this really hurts. [/b]

I woudn’t put too much stock in this one. The PR surveyed college students to get the info. Charlotte may not have participated.

We tied with Winthrop on this list of Southern schools:

Top Southern Masters Schools

[i]Originally posted by vbniner[/i]@Aug 23 2005, 02:04 PM [b] If you look at where we rank with our Acadmic programs, it is not that hard to fathom why we are not on the list.

Geography.

Not hard at all. Next?

It’s all PR, Fretwell came in and immediately UNCC was top ranked one year. I wouldn’t place too much stock in the lists.

I stand corrected… Thank you for pointing those 2 programs out.

Accounting is another. At least it used to be.

[i]Originally posted by vbniner[/i]@Aug 23 2005, 02:39 PM [b] I stand corrected... Thank you for pointing those 2 programs out. [/b]
I think we could do this for a while if you want us to, do you really not know that much about your school?

Isn’t the nursing schools highly regarded?

Pep Band (#11, US NEWS)

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait+Aug 23 2005, 03:15 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Powerbait @ Aug 23 2005, 03:15 PM)

Who cares what the press thinks?
UNCC is #1 to me, & that’s all that matters.

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Aug 23 2005, 07:22 PM [b] Who cares what the press thinks? [/b]
Well...... If the press is involved, then that explains everything.

I don’t know about the nation, but in NC I’d put our Mechanical Engineering program against NCSU’s or NCA&T’s any day. :wink:

[b]Pep Band (#11, US NEWS) [/b]

What? What’s this?

clt ranks the university highly in his book. this means more than the pr.

[i]Originally posted by cltniners[/i]@Aug 24 2005, 10:19 PM [b] clt ranks the university highly in his book. this means more than the pr. [/b]
There you have it. It just doesn't get much more official than that. We are highly rated.