Noel Johnson Class of 2009

Noel Johnson | SF

Hometown Fayetteville, GA
High School Fayette County High School
Position rank Small Forward # 3
Height 6’6"
Weight 190 lbs.

Last Updated: 6/2/2009 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.
Evaluation / Notes On the Trail / Features
Status
Undeclared

Scouts Grade

Evaluation
December, 2008: Noel is a very skilled combo wing. He has all the tools for greatness, he only needs add more intensity and consistency. He is a very good scorer with all the shots. He is a solid jump shooter, though streaky, with range to 25 feet. He is very good off the dribble with the ability to create for himself (mostly) and others (sometimes). He is a very good passer when motivated that can be very creative. He can aptly play either wing position with his size and skills. He is a decent rebounder though he could be better with his size and athleticism. He is not much of a defender at this point though that should improve once he gets to the college level. He should have an immediate impact at USC.

August, 2008: Johnson has good size for a 2 guard. He is an excellent jump shooter with a quick release and good follow through. He is at his best at spotting up in transition and running of screens along the baseline or down screens on the wing. Johnson has good shot preparation as he clears the screen. He is low and squares his body to the rim very quickly. Off the dribble he likes to shoot his pull up jumper going right. He also is very good at reading penetration and spotting up behind the arc. Johnson is a good ball handler and likes to use the right to left crossover but must do a better job of protecting the ball we he is under intense ball pressure. A decent offensive rebounder that sneaks in from the perimeter for an occasional put back. In the games I saw Johnson didn’t get a lot of touches and there was not many screens set and to his credit he didn’t press or force bad shots. Johnson will be a very productive shooter in college when he is part of an offensive scheme.

July, 2008: (2008 Adidas Super 64) Johnson also did not score a ton of points on his talent-laden team, but he did a number of positive things for his team, while not forcing his own offense. Often playing as a point-forward, Johnson did a very good job of bringing the ball up and passing to open teammates, though he could improve his ball-handling skills. Johnson excelled on the defensive end, using his length and quick feet to badger smaller, quick guards.

February, 2008: Noel Johnson is a smooth wing with great moves at getting to the basket. He is still slight of build and gets knocked down a lot when trying to get to the basket, but Johnson can really find a variety of ways to score. He is a very good shooter and that is another strength of his as a player. His offensive game has a lot of polish to it. What Johnson also has is tremendous length and ball skills for a player his size. He is a good fit for a pressing and transition oriented team because his strengths lie in those area. He does need to work on his ball handling, his body and his on-the-ball defense. He also needs to make sure to get others involved when he plays.

2007: Noel is a flat out big-time player. He’s a good shooter, he gets to the rim, he’s very active on the court and he can really stroke it on the move. His ability to shoot from downtown coupled with his flying drives to the hoop made him the top underclassman at the 2007 NBPA Camp. His basketball instincts only add to the total package.

Notes
Travel Team: Atlanta Celtics…He was also considering North Carolina, UNLV, Texas, UCLA, Indiana and Kentucky…

ESPN.com: [B][URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?page=evaluation&recruitId=43360]Noel Johnson | SF[/URL][/B]

Maxpreps.com: Noel Johnson #3

Rivals.com: Noel Johnson

Scout.com: Noel Johnson

Youtube.com: Noel Johnson, Fayette County High School

Dammit, Run!

Can’t you see that we’re a little busy speculating over who should be thrown off the team? Enough with this nonsense! :tongue:

ESPN.com: [B][URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?page=evaluation&recruitId=43360]Noel Johnson | SF[/URL][/B]

[COLOR=#000000]Position[/COLOR] Rank: # 3

n/m - NA beat me to it.

Deleted by moderator.

Cibik, please kindly get in contact with us. Thanks - NA.

[QUOTE=punkrockcowboy;411452]I drove through Blandsas on the way back from Colorado last month. I don’t see why anyone would ever want to go to school there. Even if Charlotte wasn’t > Wichita at least we are a reasonable distance from the beach and the mountains.
The top things to do there include seeing the world’s largest prairie dog and the museum to the world’s biggest ball of twine.[/QUOTE]

where do you see anything about whitita state? i see us, ga. tech., lsu i dont see witchita state. im not getting my hopes up either but it frustrates me that some on this board think we cant land this type of guy. we have everything in place to land a guy like this. maybe it doesnt happen all of the time but at least semifrequently.

...it frustrates me that some on this board think we cant land this type of guy. we have everything in place to land a guy like this. maybe it doesnt happen all of the time but at least semifrequently.

I think the reason for the doubters is because…history proves that it just doesn’t happen here. Even semi-infrequently. This kid is top 50. Seriously, how many Top 50’s have we ever signed…ever?

If we have everything in place to land a guy like this…then why don’t we?

There is your reasoning for the pessimism.

We would have NO chance at this kid if it was early in the process and the BCS schools had openings. However…we DO have a shot at this one because of the timing of his release.

I love the passion…but there’s nothing wrong with just a pinch of realism either.

where do you see anything about whitita state? i see us, ga. tech., lsu i dont see witchita state. im not getting my hopes up either but it frustrates me that some on this board think we cant land this type of guy. we have everything in place to land a guy like this. maybe it doesnt happen all of the time but at least semifrequently.

His dad went there. I read something where they were low on his list, but I don’t feel like looking it up because I highly doubt they are any competition anyway. Although GA Tech and LSU are bigger name programs his game sounds much more like our style. I think we have a decent chance at him. Either way I don’t see us missing both Noel and the guy from Charleston Southern. Granted, I’d much rather have Noel who can play this year and has 4 years, but either way we will be good this year and even better in 2010.

edit
Think about this: We would have a starting lineup of Chris Braswell, Shamarri Spears, and Noel Johnson down low… and Dijuan Harris feeding them the ball.

we land this kid, i will return to halton as a season ticket holder.

[QUOTE=ninerID;411557]we land this kid, i will return to halton as a season ticket holder.[/QUOTE]

704 687 4949 – you might need this :shades:

re youtube video…we recruited mike glenn and actually were on his short list.

Do we know who is recruiting him for us, or how his visit was set up? It seems like he must’ve wanted to come check us out, and may really want to come here. You don’t hear of teams inviting guys out when they have full rosters very often. To me this is a huge plus to our chances of landing him.

Visit went great. Hope to know something soon.

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;411573]Visit went great. Hope to know something soon.[/QUOTE]

Nice.

utter, are you pulling our…leg?

ESPN now has us listed on his possible schools.

[URL]http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?page=evaluation&recruitId=43360&action=login&appRedirect=http%3A%2F%2Finsider.espn.go.com%2Fncb%2Frecruiting%2Ftracker%2Fplayer%3Fpage%3Devaluation%26recruitId%3D43360[/URL]

Visit went great. Hope to know something soon.
Awesomee

Sounds great but you won’t see me post on it again until he’s here signed and a spot is worked out somehow for him.

Wow… this would be an incredible pick up but I’m afraid to get my hopes up. Any idea when he is going to announce his decision?

[QUOTE=andrew_uofc;411578]ESPN now has us listed on his possible schools.

[URL]http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?page=evaluation&recruitId=43360&action=login&appRedirect=http%3A%2F%2Finsider.espn.go.com%2Fncb%2Frecruiting%2Ftracker%2Fplayer%3Fpage%3Devaluation%26recruitId%3D43360[/URL][/QUOTE]

Charlotte, LSU, Wake, Miami, NCSU.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;411591]Charlotte, LSU, Wake, Miami, NCSU.[/QUOTE]

its funny that they dont have unlv listed since he is supposed to be visiting there this weekend.

ESPN now has us listed on his possible schools.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?page=evaluation&recruitId=43360&action=login&appRedirect=http%3A%2F%2Finsider.espn.go.com%2Fncb%2Frecruiting%2Ftracker%2Fplayer%3Fpage%3Devaluation%26recruitId%3D43360

considering this changed in the last 10 hours, i’m starting to think this might happen