Noel Johnson Class of 2009

[quote=LeftyNiner;411456]My guess would be Coleman may not be coming back but that is only a guess.quote]

As long as Lefty is guessing, I’m guessing Barnett. He seems like the scholly player most unlikely to see meaningful minutes.

[QUOTE=action49er;411465]If Coleman didn’t come back, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings any.[/QUOTE]

that comment might hurt his. Aside from his poor 3 point shooting, he was a decent player for us. If he can either get the 3 pointers to fall or stop shooting them, he could be a very important player for us.

I believe that TRL needs to add his guidelines for niner basketball in this thread.

Man, if this happens… Wow. :biggrin:

The basketball program has a bright future either way. I want him to come here though, we could use a healthy SF.

If it is Dijuan, I'd expect him to get hired into the AD in some capacity after this year. This guy is the absolute perfect example of what a Niner should be.

Couldn’t agree with you more! I could also see this as being something that Ian would do too though. Think about it, he really has his heart in the team, and as a senior I could see him making the sacrifice just as much as I could Dijuan.

I believe that TRL needs to add his guidelines for niner basketball in this thread.

Ask and ye shall receive…

The Ten [COLOR=#006633]Commandments[/COLOR] of 49er Basketball

1. Thou shalt blame everyone else for our support issues except for ourselves. - ex) see the football FSL issue posts

1. Thou shalt lose valuable assistant coaches every year.

3. Thou shalt recruit high profile recruits that always choose another school instead of Charlotte at the 12th hour.

1. Thou shalt always need JUCOs and transfers to fill a roster.

2. Thou shalt lose games every year we have no business losing.

3. Thou shalt have poor home attendance every year.

4. Thou shalt support many other various teams before their own.

5. Thou shalt (at best) be on the bubble for the NCAA Tourney every year.

6. Thou shalt win at most only one postseason game (NCAA/NIT) per year.

7. Thou shalt have at least one exciting incoming player every year involved with one of the following: eligibility, injury, malcontent, suspension, and/or underachievement.

Ask and ye shall receive......

The Ten [COLOR=#006633]Commandments[/COLOR] of 49er Basketball

1. Thou shalt have at least one exciting incoming player every year involved with one of the following: eligibility, injury, malcontent, suspension, and/or underachievement.

thanks!

I was thinking more along the lines of #10 though since for some reason someone doesn’t show, and some how we have a magically appearing schollie.

Couldn't agree with you more! I could also see this as being something that Ian would do too though. Think about it, he really has his heart in the team, and as a senior I could see him making the sacrifice just as much as I could Dijuan.

I would suspect that Ian would have to pay Out-of-State tuition versus the potential that Dijuan would be paying In-State tuition. Both may be great guys, but I would think it would be more likely for Dijuan to do it, for these reasons.

could be Dewhurst as well. I don’t think his family is struggling financially if they could afford to pay for his private high school education.

could be Dewhurst as well. I don't think his family is struggling financially if they could afford to pay for his private high school education.

He may have gotten a scholarship for that. I don’t know how his education was funded before he got here though.

Oh man would this be huge.

Well, we certainly do play the right system for him. LOL :shades:
you are reading my mind...not that I am complaining but I wonder how many shots pg Lutz is promising this kid :biggrin:

can you imagine how horny our staff must be for a athletic 6-7 wing guy who can shoot lights out

[QUOTE=metro;411509]you are reading my mind…not that I am complaining but I wonder how many shots pg Lutz is promising this kid :biggrin:

can you imagine how horny our staff must be for a athletic 6-7 wing guy who can shoot lights out[/QUOTE]

Staff??? Ive got a hard on right now from it…lets dont discriminate!

[quote=knee not jerking;411468]

My guess would be Coleman may not be coming back but that is only a guess.quote]

As long as Lefty is guessing, I’m guessing Barnett. He seems like the scholly player most unlikely to see meaningful minutes.

Possibly, but he’d have to give up a year of eligibility since he has already used his RS year.

As far as I am concerned we have our roster set and I am pumped. If Noel does decide to come to Charlotte I will welcome him with open arms b/c we can always use great talent.

However I am not getting my hopes up b/c of the numerous reasons that have been discussed before.

I will say if he is talking to Dijuan, the Charlotte good will ambassador, then things may be looking good (I hope he becomes a coach some day).

I would suspect that Ian would have to pay Out-of-State tuition versus the potential that Dijuan would be paying In-State tuition. Both may be great guys, but I would think it would be more likely for Dijuan to do it, for these reasons.

You’re probably right, it hadn’t occurred to me that Ian would have to pay out of state.

Bowden, Braswell, Johnson would be a terrific trio to build around. Hope we get to see it.

ESPN.com: Noel Johnson | SF

Maxpreps.com: Noel Johnson #3

Rivals.com: Noel Johnson

Scout.com: Noel Johnson

Youtube.com: Noel Johnson, Fayette County High School

I am guessing Ian or Harris. Harris is the most unselfish player on the team, so he could def be the one.

Ian and his wife live in Charlotte don’t they? He could pay in-state then.

That said I still doubt we get Johnson.

[QUOTE=metro;411509]you are reading my mind…not that I am complaining but I wonder how many shots pg Lutz is promising this kid :biggrin:

can you imagine how horny our staff must be for a athletic 6-7 wing guy who can shoot lights out[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Cha_49;411513]Staff??? Ive got a hard on right now from it…lets dont discriminate![/QUOTE]

LOL – THIS!

How far could we spread the court if we could had Johnson and Bowden bombing from the wings?