Normbulance Evolution

You should have NORMBULANCE spelled backwards on the front.

That is most def part of the plan!

Wow, that thing is going to be sweet. You should mount a keg in that generator door and put a tap on the side.

Make sure those lights are bright… The athletic dept might need to use them if, by chance, one of our games goes into the night…

Major step today!

Normbulance has been titled and tagged! Legal on the road now!

OK Need some help. Trying to decide take a shot at painting myself or attempt to use the 3m wrap? If I use the wrap will this green look ok? It is military green according to the site? Would be WAY easier than paint.

http://www.avsstore.com/

Not sure that is the green you are looking for. If you click on the military green link they have some pictures of it on a Jeep and a station wagon. Like you said, though, it would be a lot easier than painting. May want to look elsewhere to see if you can find a better green. Gonna be awesome though!

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:26, topic:25644”]OK Need some help. Trying to decide take a shot at painting myself or attempt to use the 3m wrap? If I use the wrap will this green look ok? It is military green according to the site? Would be WAY easier than paint.

http://www.avsstore.com/[/quote]

The only problem with the green is that it’s a matte. Not sure if that’s the look you are going for, but it could work. I wouldn’t try to paint it unless you have a good sprayer and an enclosed space to paint it in.

Go with vinyl. Would allow you to refresh the look every once in awhile, and it’s a helluva lot easier. If you know anyone that makes signs or works for a vehicle wrapping company, they can probably get you some vinyl in the correct for you at cost.

I may have a vinyl contact still. Let me check. He has a ton of color options.

Lots of colors and sizes here… http://www.graphicsignsupplies.com/vinyl_cast_7125.asp

No $&#!* Kelly Green, do you hear me?!!11! (And1 uni flashbacks)

7125-56 DARK GREEN

I think that would like nice.

Thanks guys!

Paint vs Vinyl has negatives and positives. Still going back and forth on them. I have a air compressor adn sprayer and can make a temporary enclosed space for painting and I think the paint would probably weather the best and I can get the green I want. Vinyl of course would be easier to do and would allow changes in the future more easily.

I was afraid the military green wouldn’t work. Glad to see you all agree with me. I was trying to stay with the 3M vehicle wrap material instead of the general vinyl because it was designed specifically for vehicles and from my research is way easier to apply.

Looks like the website above has a very good looking green!!!

7125-56 DARK GREEN

I think that would like nice.[/quote]

The Forest Green looks good too… between those two might have a winner on the wrap.

I know that cost isn’t a non-issue, but it really feels like there should be a serious effort to get OUR green on there as opposed to Forest Green or whatever. Seems like either method would allow for customized color. I don’t know if I need to explain it to sell the point, but I feel like the Official Ambulance of the Charlotte 49ers and Norm the Niner should have Charlotte Green.

I will say this about vinyl… I had bought 3M vinyl stripes for my car and with in a year I had to pull them off because they were cracking and discolored. So paint will definitely hold up longer. Depending on the application it may last longer on your vehicle because mine were on top of the hood and exposed to direct sun, rain and snow all day every day. If you want it to last, it may be best to put the extra time in and paint.

Oh, and you should talk to Tim Norris about getting him to paint that bad ass Norm on the side of it. ;D

[quote=“ChevEE, post:36, topic:25644”]I will say this about vinyl… I had bought 3M vinyl stripes for my car and with in a year I had to pull them off because they were cracking and discolored. So paint will definitely hold up longer. Depending on the application it may last longer on your vehicle because mine were on top of the hood and exposed to direct sun, rain and snow all day every day. If you want it to last, it may be best to put the extra time in and paint.

Oh, and you should talk to Tim Norris about getting him to paint that bad ass Norm on the side of it. ;D[/quote]

See that is my major concern. It will be living outside. I can’t boot the motorcycles or MG out of my garage for it (nor will it fit I think) and the car port is full with my car and wife’s car. So it will be sitting outside rain and shine. If I go with paint I can have it mixed to be as close if not exactly what our color is.

In addition if I paint it myself I can probably do it under or at the cost of the vinyl - just will take longer and since I have never painted will be an experience.

And to anyone who says take it to a professional - part of the fun of working on this thing is doing it myself and I have always wanted to try my hand at painting!

7125-56 DARK GREEN

I think that would like nice.[/quote]

The Forest Green looks good too… between those two might have a winner on the wrap.[/quote]
If you go with that site, you might talk to them about your application. There’s also http://www.graphicsignsupplies.com/vinyl_cast_7725.asp that specifically says “vehicles” in the header (8 years) so maybe it’s more UV-stabilized or something? I’m not sure what the difference is.

Painting it yourself would add tremendous pride to the project, but another thought is get someone like Wilburn Paint & Body (already a 49er Sponsor) to paint it and let them put their logo on each side of the box–a la NASCAR.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:37, topic:25644”][quote=“ChevEE, post:36, topic:25644”]I will say this about vinyl… I had bought 3M vinyl stripes for my car and with in a year I had to pull them off because they were cracking and discolored. So paint will definitely hold up longer. Depending on the application it may last longer on your vehicle because mine were on top of the hood and exposed to direct sun, rain and snow all day every day. If you want it to last, it may be best to put the extra time in and paint.

Oh, and you should talk to Tim Norris about getting him to paint that bad ass Norm on the side of it. ;D[/quote]

See that is my major concern. It will be living outside. I can’t boot the motorcycles or MG out of my garage for it (nor will it fit I think) and the car port is full with my car and wife’s car. So it will be sitting outside rain and shine. If I go with paint I can have it mixed to be as close if not exactly what our color is.

In addition if I paint it myself I can probably do it under or at the cost of the vinyl - just will take longer and since I have never painted will be an experience.

And to anyone who says take it to a professional - part of the fun of working on this thing is doing it myself and I have always wanted to try my hand at painting![/quote]Painting big flat surfaces for the first time is actually the way to start in my opinion. And we do have 2 years… I say go paint route.