Normbulance Evolution

Oooooo thats an idea!

I could give it a shot myself and if it doesn’t look right try that.

Great idea and might get you a discount.

Great idea and might get you a discount.[/quote]

My only concern with this is do we have to worry about behaving ourselves a little more because we have a sponsor on the vehicle?

Great idea and might get you a discount.[/quote]

My only concern with this is do we have to worry about behaving ourselves a little more because we have a sponsor on the vehicle?[/quote]Okay, Plan B. See if the auto body program at CPCC will do the work for you. I am sure that they need projects.

Some thoughts:

1. Instead of all green lights, why not throw in some yellow/gold?

2. I like the painting idea better.

3. I think Wilburn Auto Body is a good idea. They might also like the idea, as a chance to add to their “portfolio”. They could have a picture of it in their shop as an example of “hey, we can do more than just paint a fender that was in an accident”.

I wouldn’t worry about behavior. I think they’ve sponsored WFNZ for a long time. They have to be familiar with the WFNZ Dog House and what’s affiliated with that.

1. I also like the idea of getting a Tim Norris painting on there. However, he may not want to do it as a promotion. If you wanted to set up a PayPal account to get something like that done I would pitch in.

2. Where’s the NinerNation.Net logo going to be?

Thanks for letting us feel like we have a part in this. Ha!

[quote=“Normmm, post:45, topic:25644”]Some thoughts:

1. Instead of all green lights, why not throw in some yellow/gold?

I have thought about putting in some yellow in the light bar and swapping 2 out in the rear.

2) I like the painting idea better.

Will keep waying positives and negatives of each and cost.

3) I think Wilburn Auto Body is a good idea. They might also like the idea, as a chance to add to their “portfolio”. They could have a picture of it in their shop as an example of “hey, we can do more than just paint a fender that was in an accident”.

I wouldn’t worry about behavior. I think they’ve sponsored WFNZ for a long time. They have to be familiar with the WFNZ Dog House and what’s affiliated with that.

True I am going to look into this.

4) I also like the idea of getting a Tim Norris painting on there. However, he may not want to do it as a promotion. If you wanted to set up a PayPal account to get something like that done I would pitch in.

Perhaps that can be the final piece before kick off.

5) Where’s the NinerNation.Net logo going to be?

[b]I am thinking on the top between the white lights on the box.

[/b]
Thanks for letting us feel like we have a part in this. Ha![/quote]

That comment remnded me of Beanie from Old School
I know a great sand guy, we’ll get it at price.

So I spent the afternoon scrubbing the inside of the cab, its nice and clean now also removed some shelves and added a few Niner things!

Niner banner (the one they gave away last year) is now hanging in the back, added some football clings on the window and a Charlotte clock where the old ambulance clock was mounted in the back.

Also an update on the paint: I talk to the AD they are giving me a contact at B and R body, who are sponsors. We shall see where this goes!

I cannot wait to tailgate next to the Normbulance. We should go ahead and buy a parking pass for the Normbulance to stay on campus 24/7 for the entire first season.

(Of course, someone would have to be there at all times. Constant tailgate for the first season.)

[quote=“J Felt, post:49, topic:25644”]I cannot wait to tailgate next to the Normbulance. We should go ahead and buy a parking pass for the Normbulance to stay on campus 24/7 for the entire first season.

(Of course, someone would have to be there at all times. Constant tailgate for the first season.)[/quote]

The tailgating will be legendary!

NinerWupAss is the Niner of the Year in my book.

I second the motion

I veto NWA for Niner of the Year, & raise you NWA for Niner of the Decade.

Just ordered - will be here in a few weeks:

Considering 2011-2020 decade started about a year ago, fine, whatever you want.

I say make NWA the Official Niner of the Century. Plus, I will buy him a beer.

So after weighing many different options for paint here is what I decided:

No vinyl - heard too many bad things and cost wise it wasn’t much of a savings.
No Professional paint - even the cheap guys were more than I want to spend right now. Maybe I will have a pro do it later but I can’t spend more money on it now (wife and new daughter would kill me! They have been great sports about this so far!)

So it was DIY time. I looked online and found three options.

[ul][li]Roll paint on with roller and foam brush[/li]
[li]Rattle can[/li]
[li]Spray gun with compressor[/li][/ul]
Tested roller on scrap metal - No bueno
Compressor needed to out put at least 5 CFM, mine does 4 tops.
So Rattle can it is!!

Rustoleum - Hunter Green
Rustoleum - Gloss Black
Grill - Weird Rubber like stuff

The paint is not perfect. There are a few imperfections. Painting outside is not the best choice but its too big to fit in my garage. The hood specifically should be wet sanded and another coat or two applied because it has some orange peel. I wanted to at least get the color on though and stand back and see what I thought before spending more time on this method. Overall though I am happy with the progress. Will try to take care of the ambulance box next weekend. Once I have the paint done and the lights all green and amber I will work on stickers and graphics.

So the mid red line is now green - this includes the hood.
The lower red line is now black.
The grill which was chrome and gray is now black and gray.

Here are the picks and I will take a few more in the morning light:

Still have to paint the white piece that is above the cab. That will be green as well.

Green lens for front fenders and front grill should be here this week. Floor mats should be here late this week or next week.

You keeping that thing in the garage?

I’ve used the spray cans on a car before. It does an okay job if you do it properly, which it looks like you did, but the luster seems to wear off quickly. Might want to consider a can of clear if you are planning on parking it outside.

Nope - won’t fit and even if it did I won’t take the motorcycles or MG outside.

I was thinking a coat of clear sealer would be a good idea.

Nope - won’t fit and even if it did I won’t take the motorcycles or MG outside.

I was thinking a coat of clear sealer would be a good idea.[/quote]

this… looks great. keep up the good work and updates!