Nostalgia 101

Got this in an e-mail from the university this weekend…

http://www.uncc.edu/giving/alumni/

I liked it. Very well done.:clap:

I do feel I should point out that “UNC” at the end appeared to be bigger than the “C” in Charlotte or the whole word itself. Just sayin.

I liked it. Very well done.:clap:

I do feel I should point out that “UNC” at the end appeared to be bigger than the “C” in Charlotte or the whole word itself. Just sayin.

No kidding. I was hoping it’d be more like
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Green]unc [SIZE=7]CHARLOTTE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

That was well put together. Glad to see they are going about getting money other ways than having the softball team call me.

Liked the picture of PJ, Ashley, hella and more the B-ball game.

Cool to see the students talk when you move the mouse over the book after clicking on the meet the 49ers photo.

pretty nice.

ballet chic’s thong is showing, whale talin’

I debated wether I should start a new thread or “hijack” this one, but since my rant/question is directly related to giving to the University I’ll put it here.

My wife and I were discussing if and how much we should give to the University, we are both alums. On one hand we realize the money that is donated goes to scholarships of students but on the other hand we payed for the classes and did the work and therefore get the degree. So we had a hard time coming up with a conclusion on how much to give if any.

I guess I’m just looking for opinions from other alums on this board that give to the university. Why do you give? Why do you give as much as you do? Do you not feel that you payed for the degree the school gave you? It’s a lot different after you graduate with everything to pay for, plus other orginizations don’t get as much money as the university does and could use the money more in my opinion. Thoughts… Thanks.

I debated wether I should start a new thread or "hijack" this one, but since my rant/question is directly related to giving to the University I'll put it here.

My wife and I were discussing if and how much we should give to the University, we are both alums. On one hand we realize the money that is donated goes to scholarships of students but on the other hand we payed for the classes and did the work and therefore get the degree. So we had a hard time coming up with a conclusion on how much to give if any.

I guess I’m just looking for opinions from other alums on this board that give to the university. Why do you give? Why do you give as much as you do? Do you not feel that you payed for the degree the school gave you? It’s a lot different after you graduate with everything to pay for, plus other orginizations don’t get as much money as the university does and could use the money more in my opinion. Thoughts… Thanks.

My wife and I each donate 116 a month to College Foundation Inc. That is our donation to the school.

I applied for a ton of scholarships, i won one, $250. Thats b/c 5 people won, 5 people applied. I busted my ass for stupid clubs, i had an excellent GPA, i am not a minority so I didn’t have a chance. I still pay for my school, not my parents, so everyone else can as well.

Now, things you can do, like the license plate (don’t have) and the credit card (do have) are good ideas. I will probably buy a brick at the alumni house one day.

Most of my donations will go to the athletic foundation, now that football is being persued, otherwise I would have stopped that this year. Sorry, but at a research institution that is publicly funded, your couple hundred bucks don’t go that far.

[QUOTE=ninerID;255146]

Most of my donations will go to the athletic foundation, now that football is being persued, otherwise I would have stopped that this year. Sorry, but at a research institution that is publicly funded, your couple hundred bucks don’t go that far.[/QUOTE]

A couple hundred bucks goes further than nothing.

My wife and I both give when we can. It’s not number one on our list but whenever we have some extra cash we’ll give. I also paid my own college tuition via loans but don’t really view that as a reason not to give back. I feel it keeps me somewhat connected to the school, although I may be naive in that regard.

[QUOTE=VA49er;255180]My wife and I both give when we can. It’s not number one on our list but whenever we have some extra cash we’ll give. I also paid my own college tuition via loans but don’t really view that as a reason not to give back. I feel it keeps me somewhat connected to the school, although I may be naive in that regard.[/QUOTE]

Most people I know that went to Charlotte paid their own way. Also, most people I know at Charlotte had a job. That, I think, is much different that other universities. I just think working is a way of life at Charlotte.