Not Benny Moss too??

Are we going to lose Benny Moss also? He is a top candidate according to Doyel’s Dribbles on cbssportsline. This would be a major blow to our program, if we lose both of our top assistants

The latest from the coaching carousel
Coaching scoop? Here you go.

UNC-Wilmington: In the past five hours, we have learned the two names atop the Seahawks’ list. The first, and favorite, is Texas assistant Rodney Terry, who worked for Jerry Wainwright at UNCW from 1998-2002. The other is Benny Moss, a Charlotte assistant who has known UNCW athletic director Mike Capaccio since he recruited Capaccio’s players at Indiana Hills Junior College a decade ago.

UAB: Support is split between former Indiana coach Mike Davis and South Alabama’s John Pelphrey, but it looks good for Davis.

Ball State: Along with a bunch of assistants, a big-time head coach is sniffing around the periphery of this opening: Nebraska’s Barry Collier, trying to stay ahead of the proverbial posse.

Arizona State: Coaches at the Final Four say North Carolina State’s Herb Sendek is in play here. If this happens, a whole new series of dominoes would start falling.

Pepperdine: Metro State coach Mike Dunlap, a two-time Division II national champion with deep Southern California roots, is a lead candidate.

Most insane coaching carousel ever!

I’d say it’s Terry’s job.

Texas assistant coach Rodney Terry, who has been strongly linked to the UT-Arlington and UT-San Antonio and Texas State jobs, is the clear favorite. He was an assistant at UNC Wilmington under Jerry Wainwright.

It would be a coup to get an assistant from that strong of a program.

Probably helps Kummer out too. Someone might step up to make a move so that they wouldn’t get stuck with a third or fourth choice.

Where did Brownell go? Rutgers?SetonHall?

Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio

Oops…just read it. Sounds like a lateral move to me, but who knows.

Although losing Benny would hurt, I would love to see him get that job. That’s a good program and he’d get some good talent to start with in a decent conference.

Agreed. That would be awesome for Benny.