NYC Viewing Party for JCSU game

Anyone in the NYC area want to watch the game, there are a few of us getting together at Route 66 on Stone Street to watch. We’ll likely have the second floor to ourselves. Stairs up are in the middle of the restaurant. If this place is good we’re going to try to do the rest of the home games there as well.

When:
Saturday September 6th at Noon (likely the other home games as well)

Where:
Route 66 Smokehouse
46 Stone St.
New York, NY 10004
http://route66smokehouse.com/

[quote=“Timmay, post:1, topic:28995”]Anyone in the NYC area want to watch the game, there are a few of us getting together at Route 66 on Stone Street to watch. We’ll likely have the second floor to ourselves. Stairs up are in the middle of the restaurant. If this place is good we’re going to try to do the rest of the home games there as well.

When:
Saturday September 6th at Noon (likely the other home games as well)

Where:
Route 66 Smokehouse
46 Stone St.
New York, NY 10004
http://route66smokehouse.com/[/quote]
This is awesome. Spreading niner cheer to NYC.

FYI, I updated the title of the thread just to clarify what the viewing party is for.

Cool. How many do you expect to attend?

@moss2K - Thanks, much appreciated.

@49er1 - No idea. Maybe in the 20-30 range, optimistically. I think if we consistently do it at the same place word will spread and we can get quite a few more.

clt says the alumni association should be able to help.

I will be there. Will be coming with my +1 as well. See you guys Saturday!

I’m pretty sure we have a chapter in NYC, not sure who the contact point would be.

I will say that our DC chapter had some good turnout to the stuff that I’ve been to, although I wasn’t ever able to make it for a happy hour or any other non-game function.

there is a NYC chapter. We had some good crowds at a few Fordham games a few years back.

Contact
[size=2][font=arial]Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs Scott Plunkett at 704-687-7792 or [/font][font=arial]ScottPlunkett@uncc.edu[/font][font=arial].[/font][/size]

I’m pretty sure we have a chapter in NYC, not sure who the contact point would be.

I will say that our DC chapter had some good turnout to the stuff that I’ve been to, although I wasn’t ever able to make it for a happy hour or any other non-game function.[/quote]

You need to contact Scott Plunkett, who is the Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs.

Contact Info:
704-687-7792
scottplunkett@uncc.edu.

I think this worked well last weekend, so we’ll be doing at the same place again for the game this weekend.
If you know anyone in the area, I would appreciate passing the word along.

[quote=“Timmay, post:11, topic:28995”]I think this worked well last weekend, so we’ll be doing at the same place again for the game this weekend.
If you know anyone in the area, I would appreciate passing the word along.[/quote]

You guys know that this game is only on WCCB and not ASN? Not sure how a bar in NYC would go about getting a local-only broadcast from Charlotte.