Observer: Being careful works for 49er

Being careful works for 49er

It’s game day! Screw work!

Couldn’t agree more, C!! Good article about Goldwire. Also, in the “notes” section it states;

[b]Freshman Jerrell Lewis, a star guard out of Brooklyn, N.Y., has struggled with an ankle injury and is considering redshirting, Lutz said.[/b]

At least we have a little more information on him. I wasn’t thinking his injury was that serious.

Thanks to Mike, Jena and the O, we are now getting coverage we have never before seen! It is appreciated!

still lovin it, thanks Jena.

It sounds like one of those ankle injuries the Redskins would use under Joe Gibbs’ first tenure to stash quarterbacks on injured reserve. Uh-huh.

B)

Lutz has been clear for about 2 weeks that Lewis’ injury has set him behind, and that it will be up to the student athlete to determine if he wants to redshirt this year or not.

Now Loud suggests he is not really injured? What next, you gonna start saying that Lutz is sorry he drafted him and is forcing him off the team?

Lutz is an honest man. How about believing the story as printed instead of making up other explanations for what is occuring?

GO NINERS!!!

Why would I suggest he would force him off the team? I think there is a clear rationale for him coming in here. I thought from the get-go that one way or the other he’d redshirt. There’s lots of reasons players get signed. Sometimes it’s not even for that particular player, but for someone else. Not saying that’s the case here, but look what Coach Cal does. Just remember not all is as it seems to be, and sometimes an injury is more than an injury to protect a player’s ego when it’s evident they would be be suited saving a year of eligibility to further their game.

While I very much appreciate the pub for the team, would have been nice if Jena’s piece had said more about tonight’s game. In the printed edition, the story, to the casual sports page reader, would look like just another profile of a Niner - not a gameday story. Nothing promiment mentioning tonight’s game in the headline or otherwise. In fact, the only mention of the game is buried in the article.

I’ve also noticed that the Big O has pretty much written off C-USA scores. There were none listed in today’s paper. (The newspaper also doesn’t seem to know that Vincent Grier is from Charlotte, either.) Hmmm…

Anyway, can’t complain about all the ink we’ve gotten this season. Just a little more on gameday about the game, opponents, etc. would be nice.

GO NINERS!!!

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Dec 1 2004, 11:08 AM [b] While I very much appreciate the pub for the team, would have been nice if Jena's piece had said more about tonight's game. In the printed edition, the story, to the casual sports page reader, would look like just another profile of a Niner - not a gameday story. Nothing promiment mentioning tonight's game in the headline or otherwise. In fact, the only mention of the game is buried in the article. !!! [/b]
Or how about the fact that The Panthers franchise QB played there and if he's going to be at the game?!?!? Yeah, I would have liked to see more of a game preview but I can't complain too much, I guess.