Observer: Briscoe to Charlotte

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/804781.html

Nice Job Jim Utter,
check out the entire article on Briscoe.

[URL]http://gmine.blogspot.com/2009/06/49ers-land-high-scoring-transfer-from.html[/URL]

It seems that Coach Lutz and his staff are doing a great job recruiting and assembling a talented team that can return Charlotte to championship and postseason caliber play of recent years. I have been involved with this game on the high school, college and pro level for 30+ years. I have also had the luxury of seeing Briscoe play AAU,high school and in college. On every level he has proved to be one of the best if not the best.This kid makes plays passing and scoring. We get very excited as Charlotte fans about Rival top 100 high school picks. But as a 49er fan I am much more excited to land a proven D1 gaurd with ALL-American status who has excelled against top level D1 competition and still has 3 years of eligibility than a Rivals selection whos talent may or may not transition to a PWC like the A10. Seth Curry and Jamar Briscoe were the top two D1 guard transfers in the nation this year and as a true 49er fan I am elated that we got one of them. Briscoe will learn a great deal from Dijuan his redshirt year. We should be a MUCH improved team this upcoming year. But 2010-2011 we could very well challenge for the A10 championship and go deep into the postseason.

Does he remind anyone of Isaih Thomas?

It seems that Coach Lutz and his staff are doing a great job recruiting and assembling a talented team that can return Charlotte to championship and postseason caliber play of recent years. I have been involved with this game on the high school, college and pro level for 30+ years. I have also had the luxury of seeing Briscoe play AAU,high school and in college. On every level he has proved to be one of the best if not the best.This kid makes plays passing and scoring. We get very excited as Charlotte fans about Rival top 100 high school picks. But as a 49er fan I am much more excited to land a proven D1 gaurd with ALL-American status who has excelled against top level D1 competition and still has 3 years of eligibility than a Rivals selection whos talent may or may not transition to a PWC like the A10. Seth Curry and Jamar Briscoe were the top two D1 guard transfers in the nation this year and as a true 49er fan I am elated that we got one of them. Briscoe will learn a great deal from Dijuan his redshirt year. We should be a MUCH improved team this upcoming year. But 2010-2011 we could very well challenge for the A10 championship and go deep into the postseason.

Thanks for the info.

Does he remind anyone of Isaih Thomas?

Briscoe’s ability to score and find the open man does remind you of Isaih. With a year to get stronger gain 5 to 10 pounds and having pro caliber players like Spears and Braswell to play with the skys the limit for this young man and the 49ers

Briscoe's ability to score and find the open man does remind you of Isaih. With a year to get stronger gain 5 to 10 pounds and [B]having pro caliber players like Spears and Braswell to play with[/B] the skys the limit for this young man and the 49ers
Both should be #1 picks. I hope they don't go pro the same year.