Observer Niner/CUSA stories

Bobblin,

Maybe i shouldn’t have said “dumb,” but the concept of $$ being an issue for hte Charlotte Observer is ridiculous. Let’s just say I KNOW.

It’s all about priorities and the Charlotte 49ers are not one of them, to insinuate that $$ stops a Charlotte Observer reporter from traveling to and from games, is laughable.

The Charlotte Observer is not penny pinching my friend. That’s not an assumption either, it’s a fact.

Put it like this I now all about the budget only too well, but the reailty of it is, if Charlotte were a priority there would be virtually no budget.

Once again $$ is not an issue at the Charlotte Observer, I KNOW. It’s a question of priorities.

We’ll be at the road games, guys. Money is not an issue with Niners coverage, although Bobblin is right, we spend more covering the Niners than any other team because of the number and distance of road trips.
That said, I do have a budget to meet. Things get cut all the time. I can’t imagine a scenario this year where that would be the Niners. We’re the ONLY paper that covers you on the road. I doubt even Jason will be at all the road games.

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Nov 1 2004, 07:48 AM [b] ....I also don't like it because it falls too close to defining ourselves by the ACC, which is what we accuse the Observer of doing. Why do we want to encoruage it? If you want to complain........ [/b]
NA, I agree with you to some degree, but we have to focus on the acc as long as the Observer continues to perceive our program as 2nd fiddle to the acc (we may be 2nd fiddle to dook & chapel hill but we are not to many of the other teams). If the acc is the common denominator used to measure programs, we have to ask for equal respect. That, we have deserved; at least enough to have it brought to the public's attention.