Observer: Niners win 30 in 5th straight year; Tar Holes up on Tuesday!

me and Mrs are going

Metro----looks like weā€™re starting Smith. Based on his season thus far, Iā€™m not sure this bodes well for us. What do you think and who will be the first out of the bullpen if/when Smith gets pulled?

Metro----looks like we're starting Smith. Based on his season thus far, I'm not sure this bodes well for us. What do you think and who will be the first out of the bullpen if/when Smith gets pulled?

here is how I look at it:
we play Thurs A10 games so Yermal, Lawson, McClain are scratched (McClain is stud reliever but just went into rotation and faced 19 hitters Sun, so he needs at least 2 days rest)

Sunday he spent: McClain, Lysaught

that leaves: Pilkington, Pierce, Rivers as guys who are performing and should be rested in relief

Yermal however only thru 70-80 pitches Fri - 3 days rest, so I would look at him for an inning or two if I were Hibbs, and if the game is on the line (he needs a pen session anyway). Then rest him Wed Thurs Fri, start Sat.

here is how I look at it: we play Thurs A10 games so Yermal, Lawson, McClain are scratched (McClain is stud reliever but just went into rotation and faced 19 hitters Sun, so he needs at least 2 days rest)

that leaves: Pilkington, Pierce, Rivers as guys who are performing and should be rested in relief

Yermal however only thru 70-80 pitches Fri - 3 days rest, so I would look at him for an inning or two if I were Hibbs, and if the game is on the line (he needs a pen session anyway). Then rest him Wed Thurs Fri, start Sat.

Interesting----I must say though, I would be surprised to see Hibbs use Yermal if it means altering his weekend ā€œscheduleā€ā€¦ Thanks.

iā€™ll be getting updates by phone, would never miss this game except for a fishing trip in the florida keys with dad. Had to drive 26 miles to get the internet, so gametracker is out. but GO NINERS! BEAT DOWN 'DEM HOLES!
:49ers::49ers::49ers::49ers::49ers::49ers::49ers:

[QUOTE=metro;407822]here is how I look at it:
we play Thurs A10 games so Yermal, Lawson, McClain are scratched (McClain is stud reliever but just went into rotation and faced 19 hitters Sun, so he needs at least 2 days rest)

that leaves: Pilkington, Pierce, Rivers as guys who are performing and should be rested in relief.[/QUOTE]
Jason Cunningham is also available.

[QUOTE=jfickett;407845]fishing trip in the florida keys with dad. [/QUOTE]

not that you need my permission, but that sounds a very good reason to miss tonights game

Iā€™m wearing my Charlotte 49 Football Jersey that says Norm4Heisman on the back for the Baseball Game today.
A girl told me to take off that weak jersey when she walked behind me.
I asked her where she went to school, & then she looked at the front & said, "Oh, I thought it was pro."
How many pro teams compete for the Heisman? WTF?

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;407883]Iā€™m wearing my Charlotte 49 Football Jersey that says Norm4Heisman on the back for the Baseball Game today.
A girl told me to take off that weak jersey when she walked behind me.
I asked her where she went to school, & then she looked at the front & said, "Oh, I thought it was pro."
How many pro teams compete for the Heisman? WTF?[/QUOTE]

She thought it was Green Bay. :lmao:

We left more men on base at home than Iā€™ve ever seen. But I donā€™t really watch that much baseball.

Our non-conference umpires tend to come from a stable of 8 or 10 umpires that we see all the time. Most of them are good.
The 2 umps on the bases were great but the one behind the plate was wearing a tarhole tee shirt under his umping uniform.
We left more men on base at home than I've ever seen. But I don't really watch that much baseball.
We've been doing a lot of that this year. Tonight was about as bad as it could get.
The 2 umps on the bases were great but the one behind the plate was wearing a tarhole tee shirt under his umping uniform. We've been doing a lot of that this year. Tonight was about as bad as it could get.

I humiliated the ump as best I could

He was a total Tarheel jocksniffer

Front page Chapel hole disturber in the morning " Niners were tough but . . . came up short "

I gave him grief too. The Uh-Huh guy was sitting beside me on the front row, and the ump finally started looking at us when he made a call in our favor. He definitely altered the strike zone in key situations.

FTW.

post game analysis - DAMMIT.

too much blue in the crowd, poor home plate ump (as opposed to the ****ty one on Sat) and we did some things well, but too damn many LOB.

Donā€™t care what sport it isā€¦Iā€™m tired of good effort, but not good enoughā€¦having a chance to play ā€œname opponentsā€ on campusā€¦having high expectations in hoops be dashed before Christmas.

Someday it is gonna change.

Isnā€™t it?

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;407952]post game analysis - DAMMIT.

too much blue in the crowd, poor home plate ump (as opposed to the ****ty one on Sat) and we did some things well, but too damn many LOB.

Donā€™t care what sport it isā€¦Iā€™m tired of good effort, but not good enoughā€¦having a chance to play ā€œname opponentsā€ on campusā€¦having high expectations in hoops be dashed before Christmas.

Someday it is gonna change.

Isnā€™t it?[/QUOTE]

Football Mr. former Silvio Dante. It will get our doors opened!

Football Mr. former Silvio Dante. It will get our doors opened!
And unless we have a changing of the campus meter maids, it will also get most of us parking tickets when trying to find parking for the football games. (sorry for ranting.................. but their behavior at the tarhole baseball game was inexcusable........... and fans other than me had issues with them)
poor home plate ump
His bad calls were very timely. They always occurred when they hurt us while helping them the most.
and we did some things well, but too damn many LOB.
Most definitely. We averaged 1.5 runners left on base per inning while only scoring 1 run.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;407954]And unless we have a changing of the campus meter maids, it will also get most of us parking tickets when trying to find parking for the football games. (sorry for rantingā€¦ but their behavior at the tarhole baseball game was inexcusableā€¦ and fans other than me had issues with them)[/QUOTE]

Like I said, weā€™ll all tailgate on the lightrail station platform!:tongue:

Hey Observer - Thanks for making sure that you got an article up about the game. I knew we could count on you not to overlook this one the way you did the first game. Youā€™ve got pictures and everything! Of course, the result has nothing to do with that, right?

Enjoy obsolescence, Mike P. Youā€™ve earned it.