Observer: Plavich extends range

Plavich from deeeeeeeep!

Beat me to the punch…thanks Mike.

Again, tremendous job this season by Jena and the Big O. In the past, we’ve never had all these in-between game stories which are fantastic. Almost seems like there is something in the Observer about the Niners every day of the week. I’ve always thought our coverage was fair but this far exceeds my expectations.

Good to see that the game tomorrow is free for fans 17 and under. So if you have kids, bring them and bring their friends. Junior Niner fans can make noise too. :slight_smile:

I though the Syracuse(were he shot from one of the letters) was as far. Must of only been 28ft. on that one?

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 07:56 AM [b] I though the Syracuse(were he shot from one of the letters) was as far. Must of only been 28ft. on that one? [/b]
I don't know... Demon was standing at about 23 feet out when he passed BACK to Brendan for that shot. I thought it was 30 feet.
[b]The game Saturday is free for fans 17 and under, and includes a halftime basketball game among area mascots.[/b]

Sweet. I love the mascot games.

Excellent story. I’m not trying to nitpick but his 5.2 leads the NATION. The in between game stuff has been very nice.

When I was “Assistant coach of the game” two seasons ago I watched newly transferred BP take some practice shots at the shoot around, all from the 25’ to 30’ range. He made about 10 in a row. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Mike- when I see those times of the post it makes me worry. You guys are doing a great job this year so I say you sleep in til 6 now for the rest of the year.

How long was the shot he took at the end of the Alabama game?, and how long are foul shots?

[b]How long was the shot he took at the end of the Alabama game?[/b]

21’6.5"

[b]and how long are foul shots?[/b]

15’

[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 09:03 AM [b] How long was the shot he took at the end of the Alabama game?, and how long are foul shots? [/b]
The shot at the Alabama game looked to be 20-21 feet in the corner. Free throws are 15 feet.

It would be nice if we could trade one 30’er in a blowout for a couple of 15’ers in a 1 point loss?

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF+Dec 10 2004, 09:10 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (UNCCTF @ Dec 10 2004, 09:10 AM)
[i]Originally posted by gamer[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 10:03 AM [b] How long was the shot he took at the end of the Alabama game?, and how long are foul shots? [/b]
I love that gamer sarcasm......