Observer story on Niner baseball????

I see plenty of game updates today for the ACC, but nevermind our city’s team winning the A-10 conference championship…that would be a stupid idea!!

Soooooo sick of the Observer B.S.!!

Not that the media here aren’t prejudiced, but I think maybe the locations of the two tournaments might have something to do with the relative lack of coverage we received. Would you pay to send a reporter to N.J. to see us play in the A10? It would be good for us and the league to have the tournament in Charlotte.

Excuses. Some people just work harder/are more resourceful than others.

You don’t have to go all the way to Camden to cover it. Heck, you can just listen to Ryan Rose’s call of the game on the internet and then tweet the results. Somebody should try that…

Yes. Did you miss the part about both the Charlotte 49ers and the Charlotte Observer are located in Charlotte, NC?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/05/28/2335412/shaylors-bat-leads-49ers-to-a.html

looks like a rip off from charlotte49ers.com summary

[quote=“Universal Niner, post:6, topic:25437”]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/05/28/2335412/shaylors-bat-leads-49ers-to-a.html

looks like a rip off from charlotte49ers.com summary[/quote]

Pretty poor coverage…

The chapel hole DISTURBER received some well-deserved kudos for the coverage of the “home town” team. ;D

Just for being such a special loco fishwrapper, the Disturber . . . . can

;D ;D ;D ;D

You don’t have to go all the way to Camden to cover it. Heck, you can just listen to Ryan Rose’s call of the game on the internet and then tweet the results. Somebody should try that…[/quote] Hey now! That’s just crazy talk. :smiley:

[quote=“Niner89, post:8, topic:25437”]The chapel hole DISTURBER received some well-deserved kudos for the coverage of the “home town” team. ;D

Just for being such a special loco fishwrapper, the Disturber . . . . can

;D ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

/thread

You don’t have to go all the way to Camden to cover it. Heck, you can just listen to Ryan Rose’s call of the game on the internet and then tweet the results. Somebody should try that…[/quote]

We should get somebody on that… maybe two?

Don’t you remember the sports editor telling us he will not publish anything that might get us additional LOCAL SUPPORT because it qualifies as free advertising.

I guess UNC-chapel hill has paid them a fortune for “advertising”, considering all the coverage they get.

Not that money is all that matters, You know what they say 'bout Mikey . . . “once a hole, always a hole”. ;D

Niner89, you sound like a broken record.

Just feel like giving credit since generally the Big O sucks and deserves all the hatred. Today’s story on the front of the sports page is about us, despite UNC playing today also. And they were probably just listing them chronologically, but they list our game ahead of UNC’s too.

Thanks for doing your job appropriately.

Nice article. Is it in print too? And who is Laura Owens? It looks like she wrote the article.

It’s in the paper we get and I expect this portion is the same of all Big O distributions. Yes, written by Laura Owens.

Did hell just freeze over?

I’m not sure, but in any event she will probably be fired for this sacrilege. Niner Nation appreciates your sacrifice, Laura.