Observer's Withers stories:Sorensen & Jason Jordan

Jordan: Six with NC ties remain

Sorensen: Withers has a World of potential

Jordan is listed as a Special Correspondent. Hopefully more to come.

This story got a lot of play on local news and radio.

Can someone copy/paste that second story by Sorenson? I honestly donā€™t want to have to sign up with the Observerā€¦ Thanks! (Unless thatā€™s illegal or something)

[b]Off the court, they're all vocal. Withers especially loves to tell Gray, and Paul and Williams, that the Deacons are "scared to play us. You think we'll mess your RPI up."

The way Withers has performed, he might be right.
[/b]

:lol:

Both articles are great, especially glad to see that JJ got an article (plus the quote from Withers about Wake being scared to play us is awesome!!). Thanks Tom!!

I found this quote in the Charlotte49ers.com AP story:

Weā€™re strong up front with Charlie (Villanueva), Sean (May), Curtis (Withers), and P.J. Tucker, David Padgett and Adam Morrison will give us energy off the bench. With one more cut, a lot will depend on Eric Williams and his health. I like where our team is right now and thatā€™s why these next three or four days are going to be very important."

Sounds like Sampson considers Curtis one of the top three big men (Withers, May, Villanueva) with Tucker, Padgett and Morrison the guys who are on the bubble if Williams plays.

[i]Originally posted by go49ers[/i]@Jul 22 2004, 07:54 AM [b] Can someone copy/paste that second story by Sorenson? I honestly don't want to have to sign up with the Observer.. Thanks! (Unless that's illegal or something) [/b]

Please, no. You only have to register once, and it signs you in automatically from then on. You can opt out of any spam, and I donā€™t think they use the info for that anyway. Itā€™s used to help sell advertisers on your affluence and intelligence.

Besides, it is illegal. Canā€™t post more than 200 words without infringing the copyright.

Of course, the best way to avoid having to register is to buy a paper.

Good article by Tom and Jason.

Great to see the coverage, especially during the ā€œdog daysā€.

Curtis has come a long way. Iā€™m really impressed. I hope he makes that final leap to ubber star and makes the players around him better. One in particular.

I like Sorensonā€™s ā€˜ā€¦he always gets his shotā€¦ā€™.

Anyone who does not want to register to the Observer can share the generic logon that I created.

Just use: username: asmith@hotmail.com
password: uncc49er

I didnā€™t care much for this part of Sorensenā€™s piece:

Iā€™m not talking about a Conference USA star. Iā€™m talking about a star who teams in the ACC and Big Ten crave.

I donā€™t care about the ACC and I didnā€™t realize the Big 10 had any stars! :rolleyes:

Otherwise, good to see Withers getting some ink in the Big O. I see that Jason doesnā€™t share Katzā€™s assessment that the last cut will come down to Wakeā€™s Williams and UofLā€™s Padgett.

GO WITHERS! GO NINERS!

I think Curtis is a lock now and I hope to see him do well. But the main thing is that he does well for the 49ers this season. I think it may be his last at the school at the rate he is improving.

Good article. I liked the part about Witherā€™s dogging Gray, Paul and Williams that the Deacs are afraid to play the Niners. :smiley:

This article is costly for me. Now I have to go out & buy some Observer copies to give to all my friends that are Wake fans up in the Triad. There goes my beer money for tonight.

Nice article.

B)

[i]Originally posted by VA49er[/i]@Jul 22 2004, 09:58 AM [b]Good article. I liked the part about Wither's dogging Gray, Paul and Williams that the Deacs are afraid to play the Niners. :D[/b]
Yes, that was a very nice quote, also liked this one:
[b] When I go back to my school, I'm going to be more vocal.[/b]

With Demon gone we need a guy to step up and be vocal on the court, might as well be the best player weā€™ve got!

I hope he makes it(and itā€™s sounding good that he will), but either way he will have undoubtadly learned quite a bit from this experience and it should help out the 49ers next season!

Jason Jordanā€™s article said Curt could be one of the guys considered to be cut, if Williams is okay. This doesnā€™t seem fair. Not only is Curt a much better player than Williams, but heā€™s been out!!! Curt better not get cut b/c of that BS.

Curtis should tell Sampson to bring his Oklahoma boys on too, if theyā€™re not scared

[i]Originally posted by bobblinlutz[/i]@Jul 22 2004, 12:00 PM [b]Jason Jordan's article said Curt could be one of the guys considered to be cut, if Williams is okay. This doesn't seem fair. Not only is Curt a much better player than Williams, but he's been out!!! Curt better not get cut b/c of that BS.[/b]
Actually, JJ said there was a part of his story that got edited out. If Williams gets better the coaches really want to keep him, which would mean that they would have to let a big man go. But he also wrote this;
[b]But of the five post players, Sampson is extremely high on Tucker, Villanueva has been the best player on the court almost as many times as Paul and referring to Withers, Sampson said, "We really need somebody to play that tough kind of role, and he's a guy I like for that role."[/b]

Mike P,
What can we do to get more of JJā€™s stories in the Observer?