ODU Monarchs Game, 1/21

Our free throw defense was terrible today.
Insofar as the students are concerned, Iā€™m glad they want chicken, but please donā€™t chant that when the opponent is shooting a one and one as its impossible to miss two in that situation. Also, please do not volunteer for the free throw shooting contest unless you have actually touched a basketball at least once in your young life. Thanks for attending, though.

1 Like

Actually, It was more fun to watch poor ft shooters with bad form. Was kinda funny. Should change it up and add some ā€œNiner celebritiesā€ in the mix.

I think a great timeout contest would be to put a single basketball at halfcourt, have one contestant on the base line and a second contestant in a knockerball suit on the opposite baseline. Both race to centercourt with one trying to pick up the ball and get a layup within 60 seconds and the other trying to lay him (or her) out on their ass.

editedā€¦ Let me edit this. The person in the knockerball suit has a decided advantage over the unprotected contestant. Maybe the unprotected contestant needs a guard in a knockerball suit and the goal is to score a layup and a free throw within 60 seconds.

There would need to be rules of engagement with the shooter.

Just trying to mix up the timeout activitiesā€¦

1 Like

Yea, what could go wrong?:grin:

Beyond pisses me off to hear a silent halton get loud for chicken, damn chicken. Makes me laugh when it is for a 1 and 1 though.

1 Like

If we can get to the last eight minutes of the game with less than 10 fouls (therefore the 1 and 1) it is already an victory. Chicken and cheering are bonuses.