off topic bickering

You’ve been in that land for a while.

Can you provide examples where being in the A14 hurt someone’s chances at being a pro?

If you’re a great player these days, you get a shot.[/quote]I think if Curtis Withers was at an ACC school, he would have had more of a shot in the NBA, but maybe I’m biased.

Your argument that the ACC is not one of the highest level conferences is ridiculous.

It’s were basketball is played at it’s highest level.

You said at its highest level not one of the highest levels.

Yes I said Duke and Chapel Hill are top tier programs but these 2 schools does not make for an elite conference anymore just a top heavy one. Please look at the Coaches in the league besides Duke and CHapel Hill and tell me these are elite type Coaches compared to the BE. I will give you Gary Williams in the past since most ACC homers are always talking about the past in their arguements but please tell me what Williams has done lately to make me think he is anything but on the downside of his career.

At the moment I do not have the time to fully argue this point with you and by this last statement you have already drank the Kool Aid to the point it will not matter what I say.

It appears you are one of the many disciples so keep spreading the word.

Nothing to spin I just choose to actually look around and realize it is not 1982 anymore and see the facts as different.

Can you provide examples where being in the A14 hurt someone’s chances at being a pro?

If you’re a great player these days, you get a shot.[/quote]I think if Curtis Withers was at an ACC school, he would have had more of a shot in the NBA, but maybe I’m biased.[/quote]

Curtis didn’t have the handles or size for the NBA game. That was evident from his time in CUSA/A14.

If you’re good enough, you’ll make an NBA roster, regardless of where you played.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:11, topic:25154”]What high level talent does he get to run with at NC State? I understand they had a highly rated class come in this year but it didn’t get them anywhere.

Middle of the pack in the ACC? You may want to check the standings of the ACC again… for the past couple seasons. The only thing middle of the “pack” about NCSU is there nickname. Wolf"pack".[/quote]Yeah, “middle-of-the-pack” is awfully charitable. How many times has State been playing in that first “play-in” game of their conference tournament? They might be able to do something with a better coach. Lewis might’ve been smart to see who they hire before saying he’ll stick with them for sure though. Look what happened at Wake Forest to players like Terrell.

He sounds like a talented offensive player, but it’ll be interesting to see what happens when he has to play defense against the best players at the college level (i.e. when they face a Big East power ;D ). I’d think the Niners would’ve been happy to have him (a pg every other year or 3 every 4 years is about where I’d like to see Major recruiting), but we do need post players a lot more right now than perimeter players.

He still reminds me an awful lot of Gerrity in terms of size and style of play.

[quote=“eason49, post:16, topic:25154”]If you do well in the ACC you have a better chance at going pro than you do if you do well in the A10.[/quote] So, NBA scouts are too stupid to recognize talent no matter where it is? That’s kind of absurd, don’t you think.

[quote=“sokool, post:18, topic:25154”]NC STATE SUCKS plain and simple. Tyler will never play in front of Ryan Harrow or Brown.

He will basically have the same role as Gonzalez took on the last half of the season.

Dont fool yourself everyone on the D-1 level is good/great in HIGH SCHOOL.

If anyone thinks that TL is to good to play in the A-10/Charlotte you must have not seen him play up close and in person.

TJ McConnell is and was a much better PG than TL at the same point in their career and he did’nt get half the hype, choose the A-10 and is having a great start.

The ACC graveyard is full of high school legends who have died in a sea of mediocrity .

Tyler Lewis could very well add another tombstone.[/quote]

Better than TL at the same point in his career? Really… Do you want me dig out the numbers?

This is your Quote:

Contemptor I think your cool too. Your reasoning is most often based on facts unlike so many others on this board who throw opinions out there without the least bit of factual foundation.

In the end we are all passionate niner fans who want the best for our players, team and university. We just have different visions in regards to what success is and how our program should go about achieving it.

Respect for others and their opinions should be paramount.

While you are digging up those numbers also dig up the bids per conference for this years NCAA tournament for the “elite” ACC and everyone else. Should an “elite” conference even in a down year be at this level? Okay. okay… I know they were screwed… lots of injuries…ACC has a lot of NBA defections to overcome…no need to respond…I know the gospel you are preaching…I grew up with tons of like minded disciples of the faith.

Sorry buddy, I don’t respect your opinion that the ACC is the elite college basketball conference. Elite conferences do not barely squeak by with 3 bids or experience the level of coaching turnover that league has experienced in the last year.

Coaching changes in the ACC in the last 12 months:

Boston College
Clemson
GA Tech
NC State
Wake Forest

Plus Tony Bennett to UVa in 2009.

Your “elite” conference has flipped half its coaches in the last 24 mos, and 5 just in the last 12 months.

And, BTW, this thread is not going to become a place for you to spout your beliefs that its still 1982. If that’s your intention here, then don’t bother. Thanks.

Like I suggested this morning in the shoutbox can we close this thread already? Tyler isn’t coming here and nothing good will come out of this thread from here on out.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:29, topic:25154”]Sorry buddy, I don’t respect your opinion that the ACC is the elite college basketball conference. Elite conferences do not barely squeak by with 3 bids or experience the level of coaching turnover that league has experienced in the last year.

Coaching changes in the ACC in the last 12 months:

Boston College
Clemson
GA Tech
NC State
Wake Forest

Plus Tony Bennett to UVa in 2009.

Your “elite” conference has flipped half its coaches in the last 24 mos, and 5 just in the last 12 months.

And, BTW, this thread is not going to become a place for you to spout your beliefs that its still 1982. If that’s your intention here, then don’t bother. Thanks.[/quote]

To be fair, those vacancies were all coaches getting fired (except Clemson). Wake was a tourney team until their LOL moment, GT was in the final four in the last decade, and Purnell left Clemson who was a tourney team. I’m not here to prop the ACC up, b/c I think it’s not as strong as well, but to act like it’s on par with the A10 or CUSA is ridiculous, and taking one of the worst years in the last 10 to use as your point of emphasis is misleading. All of those teams have been tourney teams consistenly (minus UVa… and GT on some accounts) since the league expanded. But neither UVa or GT have been really that relevant in years other than GT’s run earlier this decade.

I’m not agreeing with the guy, but sometimes on here people go the other way with it just as bad.

Besides, you don’t have to pick on the whole conference to just dog the fact that it’s NCSU’s delusional program he picked.

Wish the kid the best, but I don’t expect to hear much out of him.

As for the coaching change deal, the Big East has had coaching changes at 6 schools in the last 24 months… if you want to make it 36 months it’s 8 total. Just saying.

Oh boy. There was a quaint little discussion about the ACC’s status going on in the TL thread, and now every half whit is going to see this thread title and chime in defending God’s conference.

[quote=“clt49ers, post:27, topic:25154”][quote=“sokool, post:18, topic:25154”]NC STATE SUCKS plain and simple. Tyler will never play in front of Ryan Harrow or Brown.

He will basically have the same role as Gonzalez took on the last half of the season.

Dont fool yourself everyone on the D-1 level is good/great in HIGH SCHOOL.

If anyone thinks that TL is to good to play in the A-10/Charlotte you must have not seen him play up close and in person.

TJ McConnell is and was a much better PG than TL at the same point in their career and he did’nt get half the hype, choose the A-10 and is having a great start.

The ACC graveyard is full of high school legends who have died in a sea of mediocrity .

Tyler Lewis could very well add another tombstone.[/quote]

Better than TL at the same point in his career? Really… Do you want me dig out the numbers? [/quote]

TJ McConnell 34.2pt 8.1reb 9.1ast State POY led team to a 29-2 record as a high school senior.

I highly doubt TL numbers will be better in his senior year.

I was just kidding, mods. Glad to see my opinion count for so much tho. :smiley:

clt says this infidel needs to change his name.