Offseason more interesting than season

With the Hill/Beasley stuff and the Lutz/OU stuff, this has started out to be the best off season ever…or at least most interesting. And definitely more interesting than the actual season…

Here’s my take:

1. Lutz moving on would be a great thing for both parties.

2. Beasley was a one and done…I don’t know why everybody’s upset.

3. Hill sold out…who wouldn’t? Everybody’s got their price.

4. The real victims here are the kids. Has anybody given thought as to why Beasley was so tied to Hill? I mean, what has Dalonte told/given this kid? Is he getting Beasley laid 7 days a week? I just don’t get it, this kid could have gone anywhere and he’s considering Charlotte and K-State?

5. It’s all the NBA’s fault

6. The NCAA should sanction shady practices like the Huggins episode.

7. GO GEORGE MASON!!!

[QUOTE=ATL_Niner;165981]With the Hill/Beasley stuff and the Lutz/OU stuff, this has started out to be the best off season ever…or at least most interesting. And definitely more interesting than the actual season…

Here’s my take:

4. The real victims here are the kids. Has anybody given thought as to why Beasley was so tied to Hill? I mean, what has Dalonte told/given this kid? Is he getting Beasley laid 7 days a week? I just don’t get it, this kid could have gone anywhere and he’s considering Charlotte and K-State?

7. GO GEORGE MASON!!![/QUOTE]

What coach in Niner history has a better track record and has done more for the program than coach Lutz?

I agree. I think Lutz has done the best job with what he’s got.

I definitely want him to stay. He a great coach for Charlotte.

He has taken us to a certain level, true. But his undisciplined “style” frustrates the hell out of me and we don’t put any emphasis on fundamentals or defense. Yeah, besides quitting on the team the last 4 games of 2005, and the aforementioned gripes, he’s been great.

I’ve said it until I’m blue in the face, we’ll never get to the next level with Lutz as coach. That being said, we’ve regressed several levels the past couple of seasons so I guess it doesn’t really matter…

1. Judy is giving Lutz a contract extension. She said so herself on Rozinski’s show this morning. He is going nowhere.

2. Lutz has never been linked to the OU job. There is no story there aside from hopeful speculating by armchair know-it-all quarterbacks who dislike him.

3. Speculating without foundation and openly wishing for our coach to leave on a message board that our recruits read does wonders for our recruiting efforts. Next time you have the inclination, please just approach Lutz in person and kick him square in the balls - it would be far kinder and more appreciated than trying to undermine him the way you are doing.

Until our athletic department and our administration wise up and start to become more proactive than reactive, our best day WILL be behind us. It’s not really Bobby’s fault or atleast not most of it anyway.
We need to get together with similar schools like ours who are suffering in similar conference affiliations and try to create a top notch b-ball conference. Pull together the GW’s, Daytons, St. Joes, Temples, NC-Wilmingtons, ODU’s, VCU’s, Bradley and so forth to create a really solid conference. We then need to hire a media savvy guy to promote and even pay for bundled time on local stations to “grow” exposure to our conference and future recuits.
I’m not saying this is the ultimate solution or idea, but the gist is this…we gotta get our heads out of our asses and start thinking of ways to make the current situation better and improve our future.

I think the A-10 is only going to get better… and quickly. These are teams with a lot of history behind them. The past couple of years haven’t been great, but that will change.

Come on: UMass, Xavier, St. Joe’s, Temple, Charlotte, GW, etc…

I think the teams will promote themselves and this conference with W’s in the coming seasons.

He has taken us to a certain level, true. But his undisciplined "style" frustrates the hell out of me and we don't put any emphasis on fundamentals or defense. Yeah, besides quitting on the team the last 4 games of 2005, and the aforementioned gripes, he's been great.

I’ve said it until I’m blue in the face, we’ll never get to the next level with Lutz as coach. That being said, we’ve regressed several levels the past couple of seasons so I guess it doesn’t really matter…

Lutz didn’t tell Curt to turn the ball over 9 times against NCSU, nor tell Eddie to go 5-15.

[QUOTE=ATL_Niner;165981]With the Hill/Beasley stuff and the Lutz/OU stuff, this has started out to be the best off season ever…or at least most interesting. And definitely more interesting than the actual season…

Here’s my take:

7. GO GEORGE MASON!!![/QUOTE]

1. no
    2.ever heard of the sweet 16?
  2. The exact same price? i dont get it
    4.?
  3. agree
  4. strongly agree
  5. hell yea!

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;165990] 3. Speculating without foundation and openly wishing for our coach to leave on a message board that our recruits read does wonders for our recruiting efforts. Next time you have the inclination, please just approach Lutz in person and kick him square in the balls - it would be far kinder and more appreciated than trying to undermine him the way you are doing.[/QUOTE]

NA, It’s been a long week and I really don’t feel like getting into it with you, but I got so sick and tired of seeing Plavich throwing up 35 footers with Lutz not reigning him in that I couldn’t see straight, and that’s just an example. I don’t like the way Lutz coaches. Period.

Also, I, like yourself, pay good money as a season ticket holder so I have every damn right to express my displeasure with any and all aspects of our program. If you were happy with the product on the court this year, then you are just not paying attention. With all of this being said, I will not renew my season tickets until a new regime is brought in. I’m a 7 year season ticket holder and that includes the 3 years I’ve been in Atlanta. I’m sorry that I expect a bit more out of our once up and coming program NA. Call me crazy and insult me all you want.

Worst thread ever…

ATL_digruntled, we hear you loud and clear…AGAIN! Its the same thing you post everytime. Just go away and come back when you’re satisfied with the program. Good day sir.

number one … we love lutz he’s going nowhere… number two it will hurt if we lose beasley but he has to do whats best for him.

I tend to agree with most of what hooligan said (at least the first part). lutz getting an extension isn’t exactly making my week. He’s seems like a nice guy and has done a decent job. But we have NO chance of taking “the next step” everyone likes to keep talking about with him at the helm. He doesn’t seem able to adapt. He does the same thing each season.

-Curtis bringing the ball up against pressure. Seem to remember Butter trying that as well and it was the same debacle

-Curtis hanging out at the 3 pt line all season setting screens for our “shooters”

• No discipline. Our offense isn’t fluid at all. We set a couple of screens and someone chucks a 3.

-No defense. I’m so tired of us switching defenses. It doesn’t work. lutz’s press sucks. All it did was wear out withers. I remember he said with iti he could finally play the style he wanted to play. Our D still sucked.

His supporters talk about our players not wanting to play D and no big time players want to D up. Look at Duke. If anyone should be ****y it should be them. They bust their ass on D. They dive for every loose ball. That’s college basketball gentlemen.

As for he is the best coach we can get. We have coaches in the area that I think can do just as well if not better. To name a few how about coaches from Davidson, Winthrop, and unc-w. As for loyalty, he threw that away last yr with the whole rocky top mess. If you aren’t loyal to us why should we be loyal to him. It has been suggested by some, those of us that don’t think he is best for our program should tell it to him directly. I say, sign me up. I would love to have a heart to heart with him. Of course he could care less what I think. That is similar to all of you that think voting Beasley as a god in polls and talking to his mom is going to matter to the kid.

As for Beasley, the one who TRULEY cares for him and his “best interest” is his mother who may or may not have been on this site. Don’t talk about what’s best for him. Who are you guys to know? The real truth is he could go to any school and succeed if he has what it takes. Yes he could come here, play alot, and go to the nba. Rodney did it, where is he? Duke has alot of McD’s AA and you guys somehow forget freshmen can do well in that environment and go pro as well. Would I like him to come here, absoulutely. Am I going to lose sleep over it or act like he is making the biggest mistake of his life if he doesn’t, in a word, no.

[QUOTE=beasley25;166012]number two it will hurt if we lose beasley but he has to do whats best for him.[/QUOTE]

Well if Beasley wants to do what is best for him why is he even considering K-State? Why wouldn’t he go to a bigger name school in a large media market where he can increase his exposure? K-State is located like two hours away from an airport and is a traditional bottom feeder in the Big 12. Speaking of the Big 12 aren’t they more of a football conference than a basketball conference. When was the last time a Big 12 school won the national championship? If Beasely was smart he would stay on the east coast in the heart of big time college basketball.

JaMiNNiNeR, he is considering K-State for one, Delonte Hill is there which we all know is the only reason he is considering them to start with. But number two, what makes it most inticing for him is that OJ Mayo (#1 class of 07), Bill Walker (#3 class of 07), and Herb Pope (#9 class of 07) are all rumored to be there with him. If he’s only going to college for one year, why not be part of the greatest recruiting class this world’s ever seen (maybe will ever see) and try to win the national championship that year, while being side by side with Delonte Hill? The Big 12 is a football conference but is also a very good basketball conference that get’s very good players to play in it. Look at the past few year’s Kansas teams (top 2 recruiting class in the nation last year), Texas is usually really good (especially recently), and Oklahoma went to the Final 4 just a few years ago. Who are we to say what is smart for Mike to do? We aren’t Mike. Most of us have never spoken to Mike. How can we judge is decision as not being right for him?

As long as Lutz is this coach here you’re going to see the 3 point shooting from anywhere and unconsistant offense with no to little defense. What you can hope for is we will continue to win 20 games a year, get into the NCAA’s, and hopefully eventually make the sweet 16 with a strong talent like a Beasley and maybe do something special. That is the nature of the beast.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;165997]Lutz didn’t tell Curt to turn the ball over 9 times against NCSU, nor tell Eddie to go 5-15.[/QUOTE]

Do you suppose Sendek told his players something?

[QUOTE=gamer;166205]Do you suppose Sendek told his players something?[/QUOTE]

yes. he told them he would soon be moving UP in the world. to arizona state. away from the acc and the world of pro-tarhole-and-duke favortism.

What Sendek was telling his players:

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;166211]yes. he told them he would soon be moving UP in the world. to arizona state. away from the acc and the world of pro-tarhole-and-duke favortism.[/QUOTE]

What Lutz was telling our players:
Guys, my mind isn’t on this game. I will be leaving for the SEC and playing golf with Huggy Bear on Rocky Top soon.

Of course, only one was correct.