Omar Carter - Transfer from Charleston Southern

Lefty? Neo? Richfield? Provider?

??

[QUOTE=Chisox17;413579]Lefty? Neo? Richfield? Provider?

??[/QUOTE]

It’s not likely. Has issues.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;413581]It’s not likely. Has issues.[/QUOTE]

academics?

Done deal. Enrolling in summer school this week. Story shortly.

Needless to say our recruiting looks pretty much done for next year already, with briscoe, carter, and if parks earns his ride.

Charleston Southern only won 9 games last year, and had a 10 game losing streak. This is against bad competition. Has anyone seen Omar Carter play? His numbers are pretty good.

Has anyone seen Omar Carter play? His numbers are pretty good.
I hope the coaches have. :biggrin:

ninerfan55 owned this story. he dug it up from god knows where and stuck to his guns.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li3S2xsKRP0[/URL]

Pretty impressive video, and the guy he is going against in most of it is Arizona Reid, who was a very good player.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li3S2xsKRP0[/URL]

Pretty impressive video, and the guy he is going against in most of it is Arizona Reid, who was a very good player.

I love agressive forwards who can rebound and shoot the 3.

I would say Halton is going to be a bit of a shock for a guy who plays in that gym.

wow.

This has been the craziest offseason in terms of ADDITIONS ever.

or not. It’s on hold. Conflicting stories.[URL=http://gmine.blogspot.com/2009/06/former-charlotte-christian-star.html][/URL]

is this guy going to be a walk on for his career or is he going to get a chance to earn a scholarship? i hope we can keep him as a walk on.

wow.

This has been the craziest offseason in terms of ADDITIONS ever.

QFT. Seems like we add a new player every week!

is this guy going to be a walk on for his career or is he going to get a chance to earn a scholarship? i hope we can keep him as a walk on.
He seems too good to just be a walk on... unless his family is rich or something.
He seems too good to just be a walk on... unless his family is rich or something.

Yeah, this guy is way too good to be a walk on. He can play inside or outside, hit the 3 or crash the boards. Omar would be using financial aid this year if he came and then he’d try to get a scholarship the next year.

Yeah, this guy is way too good to be a walk on. He can play inside or outside, hit the 3 or crash the boards. Omar would be using financial aid this year if he came and then he'd try to get a scholarship the next year.

Lets not get carried away. Unlike Briscoe, who tore up the high level competition, Carter had his best games against scrubs, and didn’t do much at all vs the better teams.

Lets not get carried away. Unlike Briscoe, who tore up the high level competition, Carter had his best games against scrubs, and didn't do much at all vs the better teams.
there is also reason he went to Charleston Southern

[QUOTE=Chisox17;413763]Lets not get carried away. Unlike Briscoe, who tore up the high level competition, Carter had his best games against scrubs, and didn’t do much at all vs the better teams.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but he still had some decent games against more prominent teams. I think he could be a very good bench player for us with the occasional explosion of points. I doubt Fordham is any better than most of the teams in the Big South. He had a much better season his rookie year. Look at some of the #'s he put up against teams that year, more impressive than the list of teams he played last year with better #'s.

Yeah, this guy is way too good to be a walk on. He can play inside or outside, hit the 3 or crash the boards. Omar would be using financial aid this year if he came and then he'd try to get a scholarship the next year.
Lets not get carried away. Unlike Briscoe, who tore up the high level competition, Carter had his best games against scrubs, and didn't do much at all vs the better teams.

Also, I’m generally not one to say the messageboard can influence, but why take a chance? Why plant seeds of doubt if the coaches want him to walk on. The guy is lucky to get a walk on offer from Charlotte. :biggrin: Wait until it’s a done deal, either way, then make all the comments you want.