Omar Carter - Transfer from Charleston Southern

Apparently walking on according to foxsports.com

Was the Big South freshman of the year averaging 15.5 points and 6 rebounds two seasons ago. Last season averaged 13.3 and 7.9.

[QUOTE=Niner National;413331]Apparently walking on according to foxsports.com

Was the Big South freshman of the year averaging 15.5 points and 6 rebounds two seasons ago. Last season averaged 13.3 and 7.9.[/QUOTE]

Walking on where? link?

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2009/06/11/UPDATED_TRANSFER_LIST

good pick up, wont see the court this year. if anyone could help who do we lose this year?

We lose Andersen, Harris, Coleman, and maybe Jones.

yes thats the one question i had. what is the deal with jones? i know he is was academically inelgible his first year so does that count?

Well this was supposedly a no-go, and now the johnson situation looks doubtful… maybe the impossible is possible? Carter, Briscoe, and Johnson would be huge additions.

if he completes this season and is in good academic standing he will get a 5th year. NCAA rule is that you get 5 years to play 4.

It’s always good to have another rebounder on the team. It looks like he can score as well. I have a feeling that although we’ll be good this coming year it will be 2 years when we will probably be a top 25 team.

It's always good to have another rebounder on the team. It looks like he can score as well. I have a feeling that although we'll be good this coming year it will be 2 years when we will probably be a top 25 team.

I think this season will be just as good, definitely if we land Johnson, but we are going into a 3-4 year stretch where we are going to be serious contenders for any post-season berths. Makes me happy to have changed my major, and have 2 more undergrad years and 2 graduate years coming up.

Yeah, the 2010-2011 season looks the most promising. The only huge loss we have after this coming season is Dijuan, but I feel pretty good now that we have Briscoe on board. Spears will be a senior, Jones will be a senior, Dewhurst and Wilderness will be seniors, and all our newcomers will have a year of playtime under their belts. If we don’t make the tournament that year, there needs to be some serious changes made.

Omar had 17 rebounds and was 4 of 4 from behind the arc vs Covenant. I know they’re not a big name school, but still… damn.

Yeah, the 2010-2011 season looks the most promising. The only huge loss we have after this coming season is Dijuan, but I feel pretty good now that we have Briscoe on board. Spears will be a senior, Jones will be a senior, Dewhurst and Wilderness will be seniors, and all our newcomers will have a year of playtime under their belts. If we don't make the tournament that year, there needs to be some serious changes made.

I agree, I understand the fiasco that was last season, but this is a no excuses year. I stuck by Lutz last season because of the dramatics, but it will be hard to do if we fizzle again.

since i first broke this news, i think this year i should at least get into the nnnnint.

I doubt this list is accurate. He is basically asking readers to send him info about who is transferring and then he is posting it. I doubt Goodman has the scoop on this…

Can anyone confirm this or not?

I emailed jngoodman and he has been told Omar Carter is a done deal. He is also going to add Jamar Briscoe to the list.

I emailed jngoodman and he has been told Omar Carter is a done deal. He is also going to add Jamar Briscoe to the list.

Still, I’d like to hear it from someone other than him.

Yeah I know, I am still skeptical. I’m just letting you know what he said.

Still, I'd like to hear it from someone other than him.

Utter’s probably tied up with Nascar.