On potentially one of the top 5 days in 49ers' sports history...

this is on Charlotte.comā€¦

And unless Iā€™m missing something, there is NO mention of the golf team online.

Wow. Now remember, [B]Mike doesnā€™t run the Charlotte.com page[/B]. That is someone else.

Thatā€™s a ridiculously stupid mistakeā€¦

where do these people live?

If you read the story it does have a blurb about our game against Richmond. I am guessing that is the reason for placing it thereā€¦

Here it is, Tuesday, October 16, 2007 @ 8:30AM. Currently, the top story on the Charlotte 49ers page on Charlotte.com is this:

[b]THE LATEST ON THE 49ERS Soccer | Defensive struggle goes to Tar Heels[/b] Two of the nation's best defensive teams met Sunday afternoon and No. 11 North Carolina controlled the tempo in a 1-0 victory against No. 24 Wake Forest in ACC women's soccer.
Hmmm... :rolleyes:

you guys are way too criticalā€¦

mistakes happen

1.) they never occur in the 49ersā€™ favor.

2.) did you miss hitting the toilet this morning?

[QUOTE=HP49er;262152]this is on Charlotte.comā€¦

And unless Iā€™m missing something, there is NO mention of the golf team online.[/QUOTE]

clt says that makes sense. arenā€™t we unc?

You bunch of WHINERS. Stop complaining. Iā€™m ashamed of you.

You should be thankful for the amount of coverage that Mike does let us have. Donā€™t you know we are never supposed to be considered ā€œCharlotteā€™s Teamā€.

Youā€™re right, Over40. I can only wish the 49ers would get page 4 coverage like shown below for being [B]11th[/B] in a nobody golf tournament.

[QUOTE][B]HPU volleyball makes it eight straight
ENTERPRISE STAFF REPORTS[/B]
SAVANNAH, Ga. ā€“ The High Point University volleyball team made quick work of Savannah State on Monday night, taming the Tigers 30-9, 30-10, 30-10 to extend the Panthersā€™ program-record winning streak to eight matches.

At 17-6, High Point has matched the programā€™s Division I benchmark for victories established in 2004. Savannah State dropped to 4-20.

HPU committed just nine total hitting errors for the match. The Panthers served 13 aces. Jamie Kaufman led the team with 17 kills. Lindsay Raus had 10 kills and just one hitting error. Whitney Kaltenegger recorded six kills to go along with her four aces and match-high 14 digs.

High Point returns home for a pair of games this weekend at the Millis Center. HPU plays host to future Big South foe Presbyterian on Friday at 7 p.m. before welcoming in-state league rival UNC Asheville on Saturday at 2 p.m.

[B]HPU WOMENā€™S GOLF STANDS NINTH[/B]
GREENSBORO - High Point senior womenā€™s golfer Ann Marie Dalton matched her career-best low round on Monday, leading the Panthers to a ninth-place standing after opening round play at the UNCG-Starmount Fall Classic hosted by UNC Greensboro at Starmount Forest Country Club.

Dalton sits in a tie for 10th after carding a 73 for HPU, which finished the day at 313. The Starmount Classic field consists of 11 teams and 14 individual players competing over a par 71, 6,265-yard layout.

Lisa Chandler shot 78 for HPU and is tied for 36th. Other Panther scores included Danielle Soderbergā€™s 80 (T-48th), Kim Danielsā€™ 82 (T-57th) and Leahanna Newtonā€™s 82 (T-57th). Christa Miller posted an 84 (63rd) playing as an individual.

East Carolina fired an even-par 284 to move atop the leaderboard. Tournament host UNCG is second after a 299 followed by Florida International (300), Stetson (302), Elon (304), Miami (306), Winthrop (307), Campbell (308), HPU (313), James Madison (315) and Ball State (319).

The ECU tandem of Emelie Lind and Amber Littman shared individual honors on the first day after carding rounds of one-under-par 70. The event ends today.

[B]HPU MEN HOLD 11TH[/B]
AMHERST, Va. ā€“ The High Point University menā€™s golf team carded a 36-hole total of 629 on Monday after two rounds of the Frank Landrey Invitational hosted by Liberty University.

The Panthers followed a first-round 314 with a second-round 315 to stand in 11th heading into final-round action. Freshman HPUā€™s Evan LaRocque is tied for 40th at 154 (76-78). Fellow freshman Nick Goins was one shot back in 43rd after rounds of 75-80 for a 155 total. Junior Zach Pranger finished a shot behind him in a tie for 44th at 156 (80-76). Seniors Marc Issler (84-81/165) and Andrew Mespelt (83-82/165) are tie for 63rd.

Radford fired a 36-hole tally of 577 to hold a one shot lead over Richmond at 578. USC Upstate holds third at 585. RUā€™s Nick Little and Baxter Cullen of USC Upstate share the individual lead at five-under- par 139. The event is being held at the par 72, 7,059-yard Poplar Grove Golf Club and concludes today.[/QUOTE]

This group called the Knight Foundation ( http://www.knightfdn.org/ ) called me, a group focused on media culture in a city and asked how they could help. I told them that our newspaper needs to have front page stories for UNC Charlotte related item, especially athletics relate. Letā€™s see what they can do.

Are they related to Bobby Knight or Night Rider or Knight Ridder Newspapers? LOL.

You do all realize how things like this work, donā€™t you?

Itā€™s a news feed from another story. Whatever the headline of the story is, that headline is going to appear on that page. Theyā€™re not going to manually go in and change the headline on every teamā€™s page. It just feeds in automatically from another spot and they ā€œtagā€ which pages they want that stuff to appear on.

If you write a March Madness article with a generic headline, and you want it on the State, Carolina, Charlotte, Campbell, Davidson pages, and your web site is worth a dang, you donā€™t manually go in there and write the headline on each page individually ā€¦ the ā€œsystemā€ does it for you. Same way a story goes on the front page and the front of the City section, etc.

If the headline had been Niners baseball knocks off NC State, and later the article talked about the Heels, it would go on their page too.

Seriously, sometimes you guys are just off your rockers about this Chapel Hill stuff.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;262306]You do all realize how things like this work, donā€™t you?

Itā€™s a news feed from another story. Whatever the headline of the story is, that headline is going to appear on that page. Theyā€™re not going to manually go in and change the headline on every teamā€™s page. It just feeds in automatically from another spot and they ā€œtagā€ which pages they want that stuff to appear on.

If you write a March Madness article with a generic headline, and you want it on the State, Carolina, Charlotte, Campbell, Davidson pages, and your web site is worth a dang, you donā€™t manually go in there and write the headline on each page individually ā€¦ the ā€œsystemā€ does it for you. Same way a story goes on the front page and the front of the City section, etc.

If the headline had been Niners baseball knocks off NC State, and later the article talked about the Heels, it would go on their page too.

Seriously, sometimes you guys are just off your rockers about this Chapel Hill stuff.[/QUOTE]

brick, i concur with everthing you said except i would substitute ā€˜the vast majority of the timeā€™ for ā€˜sometimesā€™ in your concluding sentence.

And I would respond back with a comment that the Charlotte 49ers deserve and UNC Charlotte deserves its own recognition there, such as was shown in post 11 above. I would also state that Davidson and Winthrop also deserve the same recognition as being local teams.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;262306]
You do all realize how things like this work, donā€™t you?..

Seriously, sometimes you guys are just off your rockers about this Chapel Hill stuff.[/QUOTE]
I donā€™t own a rocker.

And yea, I know how it works. Correction, make that WE know how it works. The tarholes can finish 8th in something and get front page. The Niners can finish FIRST and get thrown back to page 8 and then the sports editing chapel hill grad tells us we should consider ourselves luckyā€¦ and then another smartass chapel hill wannabee makes a post that ends with ā€œSeriously, sometimes you guys are just off your rockers about this Chapel Hill stuffā€.

Ok, I can get the front page argument. Thatā€™s legit. But donā€™t frame it as a Tar Heel headline on the 49ers page thing. Because that just makes us seem ignorant, in my opinion.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;262353]Ok, I can get the front page argument. Thatā€™s legit. [/QUOTE]
Fair enough.

Over40, you are the man!

:shades: