One last comment on the Cincinnati fiasco

Of the 65 teams that were in the 2005 NCAA Basketball Tournament, the institution with the lowest graduation rate for basketball players was the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, whose previous Chancellor was none other than Nancy Zimpher.

Hmmm…

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Aug 26 2005, 10:18 PM [b] Of the 65 teams that were in the 2005 NCAA Basketball Tournament, the institution with the lowest graduation rate for basketball players was the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, whose previous Chancellor was none other than Nancy Zimpher.

Hmmm… [/b]

WOW. I don’t know where you found that HP, but that’s good stuff. You should post that on the Cinci boards, they would love to see that.

Maybe the Cinci board is where he found this info.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Aug 26 2005, 11:39 PM [b] Maybe the Cinci board is where he found this info. [/b]
Shhhhh!
[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Aug 26 2005, 10:18 PM [b] Of the 65 teams that were in the 2005 NCAA Basketball Tournament, the institution with the lowest graduation rate for basketball players was the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, whose previous Chancellor was none other than Nancy Zimpher.

Hmmm… [/b]

I decided to check those numbers and while UWM was woeful at a 15% graduation rate, that beat/equaled the following:

Farleigh Dickinson 11%
Kentucky 8%
LSU 0%
Minnesota 0%

New Mexico 14%
Oklahoma State 11%
Pitt 15%

Other “notables” on the list (25% or lower)…

Arizona 25%
Cincinnati 25%
Georgia Tech 19%
Louisiana-Lafayette 17%
Louisville 17%
Oklahoma 20%

FWIW, those rates are based on 1997-98 graduation rates and Zimpher was named chancellor at UWM in 1998.

BTW, UNC Charlotte had a 45% graduation rate.

I stand corrected, that info (or misinformation) came from a Cincy board.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Aug 30 2005, 04:42 PM [b]... that info (or misinformation) came from a Cincy board. [/b]
Imagine that! :P