Opening night unis

1 Like

clt wants to buy that jersey

Love 'em. LOVE.

1 Like

Me too. I wish all of our uniforms would move to the same template, but i’m guessing we stick with the old greens and blacks for another season, as they were not at the uniform sale.

I thought I saw pics from the surplus sale of at least a couple of the current green uni’s for sale, maybe they were torn up enough that they couldn’t be sufficiently repaired, so they put them up for sale instead?

I saw a few people get the white jerseys with gold numbers

The white jerseys with the gold numbers have been retired, and were all sold at the sale. Along with the original whites, and the white jerseys with those thick green and black numbers that we only used for a few games as it was really hard to decipher what the numbers were from a distance. These are the only white uniforms for now.

That’s a bit of a bummer, though it is my understanding that trying to read those numbers from the stands was really tough. Like I said, I don’t much care for white jerseys, but I thought the gold numbers looked slick in photos.

I think the only reason we don’t have new uniforms is that a massive change to the brand is coming.

1 Like

We may have new unis. Took a while for the gold helmet/new white unis to breakout last year. Wouldn’t be surprised if we show off a new look mid way through this season.

1 Like

Maybe add a throwback uni from 2015 mixed in there this season.

Wonder if they will do the reveal videos this year. I liked those

2 Likes

I hope so too, we had some great ones last year.

Christian Haynes will wear #49 tonight vs GW.

Glad to see we are continuing this tradition and actually publicizing it now.

“It’s the most selfless person I’ve been around in 9 months. I cannot imagine a better person to wear it for the first game.” — @Coach_heals

2 Likes

This. The 49 jersey is one of the very very few traditions we have as a football program. I’m not sure why we never really made official mention of it outside of printed program booklets at games and over a PA system that’s barely audible at times.