Opinion: Let's try to Avoid #FireBradLambert

I believe he is closer to $4 million since he got here. I think Lambert is going to be fine financially.

Yes the record speaks for itself so no need for a hashtag or movement.

1 Like

Unless the product on the field gets worse, like a blowout loss to ODU and snowballing from there I agree.

If we look like clowns on the field, and get blown out by bad teams - you can bet Iā€™ll be deploying #FIRELAMBERT. Heā€™s not gone until heā€™s gone.

A coordinated anti Lambert campaign would be the first and only thing associated with the football program that could actually quality as ā€œorganizedā€ since he started

NinerAlum18ā€¦Spot ON!

<<<A coordinated anti Lambert campaign would be the first and only thing associated with the football program that could actually quality as ā€œorganizedā€ since he started>>>>

You arenā€™t wrong.

I do agree with the general premise here thoughā€¦ Hill isnā€™t blind and I donā€™t think we need to force a coup like was done with JRā€¦ This issue will resolve itself with out our help, Iā€™m sure of that

2 Likes

Agreed.

If he loses the team he should be fired early. I thought that most of them quit on him last year (my opinion). Just look at ā€œLast Chance Uā€ to see how some athletes are these days. I am not saying that this team is as bad as those kids, but one or two getting the ball rolling can cause the team to lose faith in the coach. Then you hand the team over to a coordinator and say bye to a coach.

I donā€™t see how the fanbase not saying #FireLambert changes anything.

• Mike Hill knows how we feel because we express our opinion
    *Anger is better then apathy, the day we stop getting upset is the day fans stop paying for Charlotte events
    *Recruiting is already rock bottom.

Brad Lambert is a great guy, and a good representative of the university, but at the end of the day he has been hired to win football games. He has failed miserably and as a season ticket hold and donor, I donā€™t feel out of line expressing my disappointment in the situation the program is in.

A side note, the fanbase we have is very nice (to a fault) to coaches and administrators. We constantly make excuses for whatever failing occurs, and are one of the most patient fanbases in FBS. In my opinion this stink is left over from the Judy Rose era and needs to be cleaned out. We as a fanbase need to start demanding (and paying) for excellence.

I donā€™t know about all that niceness. The guys in 102 a few rows behind me are quite loud with their ā€œF Lambertā€ and ā€œYou Suck Lambertā€ calls. Iā€™ve seen them turn the playersā€™ heads more than once last season.

#KeepLambert

Iā€™m not trying to tell anyone how to think, yā€™all are adults. My point is that Brad not being our coach next year is all but inevitable, and at some point, the pitchforks bring a negative stigma to our athletic department. Mike Hill is off to a great start, and the last thing I want to do is hamper that.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/firebobbywilder ā€“ they were not committed to the cause as it has already been deleted, lol

clt says that the best case scenario is that we make a bowl, win, and lambert retiresā€¦with hill already having a new coach lined up

This is likely

So I donā€™t like the idea of the #FireBradLambert movement but what about the #HireBradLambert movement. We could highlight all of his accomplishments like doubling his win total from last year & recruiting ā€œthe right kind of playersā€. Heck not long after we hired him Conference USA begged us to come back. I think with the right kind of promotion we can find him a better job somewhere like Chapel Hill or Greenville.