Order water = Cheap?

This though crossed my mind last night, as I sat at BWW’s.

Do you think ordering water makes you look cheap?

I mean I usually always order water. I dont think there is anything wrong wiht it.

I cant see the poll on the side, anyone else have the same problem?

Absolutely. What cheap bum orders water? I mean seriously! I drink only the finest breast milk with my dinner. None of that Mexican breast milk. I’m talkin breast milk straight from a Cambodian immigrant. MMM MMMMM!! Breast milk… you made my day!

(If you don’t watch Chappelle, you’re missing out)

:lmao:

Gill…I never have anything bad to say about your polls…but a poll on water??? Come on man…

My girlfriend has been a waitress for years and she says the problem with ordering water is, technically, if you order water, you’re inclined to tip more, because it costs less yet you’re still getting refills, but your bill will be less and the tip calculation will come out to less, even though you still got a lot of refills.

When i order water at a restraunt i always end up leaving the waiter or waitress a huge tip. like 30% because i know how they can be like oh not another water drinker they aren’t going to tip well. The only time i don’t tip well is if they neglect our table. the most i’ve ever tipped was i think 60% on a bill. the waiter was amazing. By far the best one i’ve ever had. He worked at harpers by south park. i think i ended tipping him a 20.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;191669]When i order water at a restraunt i always end up leaving the waiter or waitress a huge tip. like 30% because i know how they can be like oh not another water drinker they aren’t going to tip well. The only time i don’t tip well is if they neglect our table. the most i’ve ever tipped was i think 60% on a bill. the waiter was amazing. By far the best one i’ve ever had. He worked at harpers by south park. i think i ended tipping him a 20.[/QUOTE]

What in the world could a waiter ever do to warrant a 60 percent tip? No food service is ever worth over half the cost of the meal…ever

actually it was worth it. he made sure we got everything pronto. we had problems with it he’d get it fixed instantly. came by and checked on us every 5 minutes. Our glasses were always full. I was also feeling really really generous

tip 60% = female only…

Sorry Cass, its the only thing I could think up

Besides, it was buggin the crap outta me

tip 60% = attractive female only...

fixed

TRUTH! I stand corrected… Remember this moment…

Not necessarily. If you want to frequent a place and take dates/clients its a good practice to tip well, learn names and become friendly. It makes you appear down to earth and likeable to dates/clients. 60% is high, but if it’s just a 20 bill, that isnt’ too bad.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;191681]tip 60% = attractive female only…[/QUOTE]
Word.

Good point 49er, A place you go to well, you should tip well. Not only do you look good when everyone knows ur name, but you’ll be making sure you get top notch servie for your clients or dates. I do it at crush… now im a VIP :wink:

If restaurants would not try to rip you off with tea/soft drink prices, more people would order them. Most restaurants make their biggest profits off of drink sales, percentage wise. A [B]gallon[/B] of tea at home costs maybe 20 cents to make. It’s less at a restaurant. Then they charge you $1.50-$2.00 to have it. Same with soft drinks. The cost is a little more for the restaurant, but when you can buy a 2-liter for $0.99 you know the cost per glass for the restaurant is not over $0.20. Do I sound cheap yet? Maybe, but if you eat at a sit-down style place 3-5 times per week and a drink costs you $2 each time you eat, then you’ll spend over $400 per year on something that should have costed you less than $100. People who make six digit incomes don’t care, and others may not either. I just don’t like to get ripped off. You can also say that “the food is priced high and you pay for it don’t you”? Well yes, but I’m saving myself whatever time it would have taken me to prepare the food. It does not take long to open a two-liter or boil some water, by comparision. Anyways, the money saved from not buying an overpriced drink means that I a) saved money b ) can use the money to get a dessert, or c) can get a nicer entree.

Ask most any restaurant person about their drinks, alcoholic or not. They’ll tell you that’s where the profits are. I’m not trying to screw the waiter/waitress, but I’m not going to let the restaurant knowingly screw me either.

I agree with the sentiment. I definitely do not want to get taken advantage of. However, the wait staff needs to make a living. Do I not tip, and hope they leave the job and thus show the restaurant the error in their ways? Or do I tip and continue to feed the system?