OT:Charlotte bigger than Chapel Hill

[i]Originally posted by lake49er[/i]@May 26 2005, 09:44 AM [b] The Charlotte campus is one of the largest at just under 1000 acres.The good thing is that of that 1000 only about 250 have been developed(buildings). 75% of our campus is available for future construction. Having that much land to build on is rare in this university system. [/b]
Ironically, having so much land is the very reason we're "soooooo far out of the city, waaa, waaa, waaa..." Those who whine that phrase (The O?) need to understand you can't have it both ways. I am glad we're where we are, but glad we're developing in other sites around town too.
[i]Originally posted by 49er1+May 26 2005, 12:10 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49er1 @ May 26 2005, 12:10 PM)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that UNCW has the most land of all the campuses.

I think the improvements Woodward did in getting all of the buildings to have the same architecture along with bricking more of the sidewalks is great for the campus as a whole. Gives more of a distinguished look.

I’m looking forward to the development of the uptown campus. Give students the option to live uptown and take the train to the main campus.

Could not agree with you more. Transit is a great boost for the University and Charlotte as a whole.

Apparently someone over at the Observer is leaving messages at the homes and offices of biology department members trying to dig up some dirt on the problems associated with changing buildings and why he is going to another institution (he’s not going to cooperate with the reporter). I guess Chapel Hill is deploying the sentinels to keep us from growing. :ph34r:

Who? What are you talking about?