OT: Cincy plans "Big East" Day on July 1st

UC planning a Big East party

Join the Party!

UC introduces new logo for teams

Goodbye Bearcats… :weep:

[b]UC-licensed merchandise is ranked No. 42 among the colleges and universities served by the Collegiate Licensing Company. [/b]

Does anyone know where the 49ers are ranked?

I googled Collegiate Licensing Company and found their website . However, an userID/password seems to be needed for anything of substance.

[b]The new logo is similar to the old C-paw, but has a heavier font and has more defined "claws."[/b]

Those “claws” look like 6s. As if the mark of the devil wasn’t enough, they added a fourth 6 just to make sure they were more evil, not just quasi-evil.

[b]Sales of merchandise bearing the C-paw have funded scholarships, the University Library, and student activities at UC.[/b]

Meanwhile , in Charlotte, sales of merchandise bearing the 49ers C-pick logo have funded a replacement trash can liner for one of the trash cans in the Halton Arena concourse.

I found a list that was released on 04/26/05. No Charlotte in the top 50, but U of Montana is holding down # 46 :blink:
Top-50 Universities
(1.) University of Michigan (2.) University of Texas - Austin (3.) University of Georgia (4.) University of North Carolina (5.) University of Oklahoma (6.) University of Notre Dame (7.) University of Tennessee Knoxville (8.) University of Florida (9.) Louisiana State University (10.) University of Alabama (11.) Auburn University (12.) Florida State University (13.) Pennsylvania State University (14.) University of Kentucky (15.) University of Nebraska (16.) University of Wisconsin (17.) University of Miami (18.) University of Arkansas - Fayetteville (19.) Oklahoma State University (20.) University of Illinois (21.) University of South Carolina (22.) University of Maryland (23.) University of Kansas (24.) Clemson University (25.) Purdue University (26.) Kansas State University (27.) University of Arizona (28.) University of Missouri (29.) University of Connecticut (30.) Texas Tech University (31.) University of Virginia (32.) Duke University (33.) Syracuse University (34.) University of Pittsburgh (35.) University of Washington (36.) Georgia Institute of Technology (37.) Washington State University (38.) University of Mississippi (39.) University of Colorado (40.) University of Louisville (41.) Stanford University (42.) University of Cincinnati (43.) Marshall University (44.) University of Utah (45.) Brigham Young University (46.) University of Montana (47.) Colorado State University (48.) U.S. Military Academy (49.) U.S. Air Force Academy (50.) Boise State University

[i]Originally posted by jrossp49er[/i]@Jun 2 2005, 02:42 PM [b] I found a list that was released on 04/26/05. No Charlotte in the top 50, but U of Montana is holding down # 46 :blink: Top-50 Universities (1.) University of Michigan (2.) University of Texas - Austin (3.) University of Georgia (4.) University of North Carolina (5.) University of Oklahoma (6.) University of Notre Dame (7.) University of Tennessee Knoxville (8.) University of Florida (9.) Louisiana State University (10.) University of Alabama (11.) Auburn University (12.) Florida State University (13.) Pennsylvania State University (14.) University of Kentucky (15.) University of Nebraska (16.) University of Wisconsin (17.) University of Miami (18.) University of Arkansas - Fayetteville (19.) Oklahoma State University (20.) University of Illinois (21.) University of South Carolina (22.) University of Maryland (23.) University of Kansas (24.) Clemson University (25.) Purdue University (26.) Kansas State University (27.) University of Arizona (28.) University of Missouri (29.) University of Connecticut (30.) Texas Tech University (31.) University of Virginia (32.) Duke University (33.) Syracuse University (34.) University of Pittsburgh (35.) University of Washington (36.) Georgia Institute of Technology (37.) Washington State University (38.) University of Mississippi (39.) University of Colorado (40.) University of Louisville (41.) Stanford University (42.) University of Cincinnati (43.) Marshall University (44.) University of Utah (45.) Brigham Young University (46.) University of Montana (47.) Colorado State University (48.) U.S. Military Academy (49.) U.S. Air Force Academy (50.) Boise State University [/b]
Interesting stuff. Thanks.

Couldva probably guessed the teams (not the order) in the top 10.

Couple of personal surprises, in addition to Montana:

1. Virginia- guess they’d rather browse merchandise than sit & watch a Pete Gillen coached team.
  2. Marshall -
  3. Boise State- if my choices were buying merchandise or watching a event on a tacky court or blue turf…I’d probably load up on buying stuff.

The Thundering Herd rule!!!

I would guess that list above is only through a certain license agent and not a complete list overall… seems odd that there is no UCLA, So Cal, Tx A&M, Ohio St or say NCSU in this top50 list.

[b]I would guess that list above is only through a certain license agent and not a complete list overall... seems odd that there is no UCLA, So Cal, Tx A&M, Ohio St or say NCSU in this top50 list. [/b]

Excellent point. I would guess THE Ohio State University is top 3.

All those schools have football except Duke.

There must be merchandise in order to buy merchandise. Bring back the real Campus Sports!

Some schools do not use CLC (Collegiate Licensing Company), and that is their list.

I believe that some of the largest schools like Chapel Hill and Michigan also use both of the major companies … (I can’t think of the name of the other) … and so they have even higher sales levels … I know that Chapel Hill and Michigan are 1-2 annually in some order nearly every year (with spikes for other schools when they win national championships of course).

And unless I’m blind, The NCAA Football Champions aren’t on that list either …