OT: Cremins to Charleston

[URL=http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/5748402?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=99][B]Cremins to coach College of Charleston[/B][/URL], Fox Sports

that is to funny, marshall pulled a cremins, now cremins goes to CofC

wait i’m confused what happened?

Wasn’t Cremins one of the 84 prospects that turned down the Moo-U-Raleigh job?

I am not sure Cremins would have ever taken the State job due to it being in the ACC and his respect for Ga Tech (not sure it was ever fornally offered to him). On another note, I think he will do well at College of Charleston. This is a good hire.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;179825]Wasn’t Cremins one of the 84 prospects that turned down the Moo-U-Raleigh job?[/QUOTE]

I don’t understand this idea going around on this board that UNC-R has an unsuccesful search. Yeah, it took a while, but they got a great coach. Sydney Lowe is much more desirable than Cremins. Cremins got pushed out at Ga. Tech because he just wasn’t cutting it anymore. I am positive no UNC-R folks are jealous of CofC here, or Winthrop for that matter.

[QUOTE=lutz9er;179846]I don’t understand this idea going around on this board that UNC-R has an unsuccesful search. [/QUOTE]

I don’t think those thoughts are reserved just for this board. You should have seen the statements on a few of the acc boards when the search was taking place, not to mention comments made from fans of other programs at bars and around the office.

I also don’t think people necessarily think the search was “unsuccessful” as much as it was “humorous”. There is a big difference.

He is a great hire for them. I actually think he is a better hire than Marshall. This program will be back. Great future!

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;179847]I don’t think those thoughts are reserved just for this board. You should have seen the statements on a few of the acc boards when the search was taking place, not to mention comments made from fans of other programs at bars and around the office.

I also don’t think people necessarily think the search was “unsuccessful” as much as it was “humorous”. There is a big difference.[/QUOTE]

I see what you’re saying. you never actually said that it was unsuccesful. I just misread what you said.

[QUOTE]Wasn’t Cremins one of the 84 prospects that turned down the Moo-U-Raleigh job?[/QUOTE]

I agree that the whole process yielded a lot of humor; my favorite- “[I]We need illegal immigrants to do jobs that Americans won’t do, like the NC State job.[/I]”.