OT: Cruise to the Bahamas

I know we have other forums for stuff like this, but I wanted it to get seen :ph34r:

Anyone have a good suggestion as to where I can book our cruise(online)?

Thanks

boooo! no one likes a show off, quit rubbing it in! haha just kiddin man, that sounds like fun.

ok i guess i have nothing useful to add to this thread, ill run along now…

I’ll give you advice… if you take me with you.

Seriously, though, I got nothing. Sounds like fun, though!

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Dec 13 2004, 09:00 PM [b] I'll give you advice... if you take me with you. [/b]
word, lets make this a Niner Nation trip lol

I call Moss’ biggest bag! I wanna go!

icruise.com

i didn’t end up taking the cruise, but a few months ago when I was pricing, all the forums related to cruising seemed to be pointing to icruise.com to get some of the better deals. On the cruises I priced, they did beat teh competition.

Advice I would give, take one that maybe hits the keys and a private island. I was disappointed in the bahamas on my after graduation cruise. Also, if you want to party on the cruise, make sure you get the right line and ship. Any Carnival is a party boat and for teh most part Royal Caribean. The other lines were more cigar bar and bingo from the research I did, but some of the newer ships on even those lines are having more club space as well.

Anyway, have fun and you suck! :smiley:

-Mac

Thank Mac :thumbsup:

[i]Originally posted by NinerMac[/i]@Dec 13 2004, 10:37 PM [b] you suck! :D [/b]
:drink:

Which port/part of the country do you want to leave out of?

I’ll give you the names of some local cruise places if you want (you can
leave out of Port Canaveral after flying into Orlando for fairly cheap, or it’s
an 8-9ish hour drive). You could compare that with anything you find online.

I’ve been on two cruises, both were lined up by other folks. But I went on a 7-day to St. Thomas and the Bahamas for about a grand and another 5 day with my family around Christmas time that I think was about 700 (don’t know, it was a present). My roommate did a cruise out of Miami during spring break for $400+ (it was a 7 day).

[font=Impact][SIZE=3]HELLO, MCFLY!!! SKIP THE BAHAMAS CRUISE AND SPEND SPRING BREAK IN MEMPHIS WATCHING THE NINERS BLOW THROUGH THE C-USA TOURNAMENT FOR THE LAST TIME!!![/font][/SIZE]

[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Dec 14 2004, 12:30 AM [b] [b][font=Impact][SIZE=3]HELLO, MCFLY!!!! SKIP THE BAHAMAS CRUISE AND SPEND SPRING BREAK IN MEMPHIS WATCHING THE NINERS BLOW THROUGH THE C-USA TOURNAMENT FOR THE LAST TIME!!![/font][/SIZE][/b] [/b]
HELLLLL YEAH!!! thats what Im talkin about!!!
[i]Originally posted by Florida49er[/i]@Dec 13 2004, 11:50 PM [b] Which port/part of the country do you want to leave out of?

I’ll give you the names of some local cruise places if you want (you can
leave out of Port Canaveral after flying into Orlando for fairly cheap, or it’s
an 8-9ish hour drive). You could compare that with anything you find online.

I’ve been on two cruises, both were lined up by other folks. But I went on a 7-day to St. Thomas and the Bahamas for about a grand and another 5 day with my family around Christmas time that I think was about 700 (don’t know, it was a present). My roommate did a cruise out of Miami during spring break for $400+ (it was a 7 day). [/b]

we are wanting to head out from Port Canaveral after driving down to Orlando…

[i]Originally posted by Smoothieking[/i]@Dec 14 2004, 12:30 AM [b] [b][font=Impact][SIZE=3]HELLO, MCFLY!!!! SKIP THE BAHAMAS CRUISE AND SPEND SPRING BREAK IN MEMPHIS WATCHING THE NINERS BLOW THROUGH THE C-USA TOURNAMENT FOR THE LAST TIME!!![/font][/SIZE][/b] [/b]
A cruise would be hard to turn down but I think we're making the trip up to Memphis. As much as I hate their fans, coach and team, that would be a really fun place to spend a few days in. Good food, good music, good ball and hopefully us winning the tournament.

Have fun on the cruise…I’m jealous. :frowning:

[i]Originally posted by moss2k+Dec 14 2004, 01:53 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (moss2k @ Dec 14 2004, 01:53 AM)
[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Dec 14 2004, 12:35 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Dec 14 2004, 12:35 AM)

Being a student, i’m assuming you have little to no money (ASSUME). The best advice i can give would be to just drive down to Jacksonville/Canaveral/or Miami with no reservations. Hit the ticket counters right before any of the cruises leave. Many times, right before a cruise ships out, people will cancel. The cruise lines will discount their room just to fill the boat up. My Aunt & Uncle do this yearly and have been able to score some HUGE deals ($250 for a 7 day cruise). Even if you can’t get on any of the cruises…your in Florida hours away from Orlando/Daytona/Miami/Tampa/etc…
Not the most reliable, but definitely the most cost efficient.

[i]Originally posted by ballboy[/i]@Dec 14 2004, 01:20 PM [b] Being a student, i'm assuming you have little to no money (ASSUME). The best advice i can give would be to just drive down to Jacksonville/Canaveral/or Miami with no reservations. Hit the ticket counters right before any of the cruises leave. Many times, right before a cruise ships out, people will cancel. The cruise lines will discount their room just to fill the boat up. My Aunt & Uncle do this yearly and have been able to score some HUGE deals ($250 for a 7 day cruise). Even if you can't get on any of the cruises...your in Florida hours away from Orlando/Daytona/Miami/Tampa/etc... Not the most reliable, but definitely the most cost efficient. [/b]
I've heard some of the same things - ask to upgrade when you are there (if boat isn't full), wait until last minute, etc.

If you want to check any local places (maybe they can give a good deal or whatever), now that I think about it, just use yp.bellsouth.com
Then, use “Canaveral” or “Cocoa Beach” or “Melbourne” for the city and FL for the state. Call a couple and compare with what you find online…

[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum[/i]@Dec 14 2004, 10:22 AM [b] The main advice that I can give you is do not go out of Miami, especially if you drive. Very Scary Place at 3am in the morning!!! My husband and I took a 7 day cruise right after I graduated to Cozumel, Grand Cayman (!!! LOVED IT!!!) and Ocho Rios through Carnival. [/b]
Oh man, driving to Miami was the best thing I ever did for Spring Break. We drove down and stayed at the UM campus the night before and were supposed to catch the boat the next day. Unfortunately, some of us went out to South Beach the night before. Add to that UM's spring break was ending the next day and all the women were coming back to campus wearing bikinis. A couple of us just decided to stay in Miami for the week!

moss u loser you are not going anywhere for spring break…ur gonna stay in and play halo with waypa all break…haha jk…

aren’t they starting to run cruises out of Charleston? much easier drive than florida, especially if you have to go all the way too miami, although if you planned it were u had a couple days in Miami then maybe it would be worth it. long drive though