OT: Dale Halton Cover Story

Well crap, they don’t have it online yet. Think I’ll post this as a placeholder until they do.

Anyway, I just read it. Interesting perspective on one of the most influential women in the area, with some Charlotte & NC Pepsi history thrown in. Oh, and she’s the arena namesake, a generous donor, and a huge fan to boot!

Greater Charlotte Biz - Dale Halton, Pepsi Bottling Co.

We’re waiting…

Now THERE’S a woman who can hold a conversation.

Dale Halton, I love you…

:wub: :wub: :wub:

clt just finished the article. no mention of halton arena? clt declares this magazine a biased rag.

Why can jimmyhat not find the article???

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Apr 12 2005, 03:39 PM [b] Why can jimmyhat not find the article??? [/b]
Jimmy, their website doesn't link to the current issue. For some reason, they seem to want people to actually buy the latest issue! :rolleyes: :P
[i]Originally posted by run49er+Apr 12 2005, 05:28 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (run49er @ Apr 12 2005, 05:28 PM)

More Dale Halton in Friday’s Observer. Some interesting tidbits:

-Pepsi Bottling Company, founded by her grandfather 100 years ago.
-She’s been President since 1981.
-Profits are 900 % higher since she took over.

Pepsis fizz as bottler turns 100

Tagged with a message of gratitude from Dale Halton, the bottler’s president, the cans are being distributed across the company’s seven-county territory.

Henry Fowler, Halton’s grandfather, decided to bottle the drink after his wife, Sadie, sampled a dark brown liquid made seven years earlier by a New Bern pharmacist. The company, which produces 9 million cases a year, is the world’s oldest Pepsi bottler.

“I’m very proud of the legacy they’ve left for me and all of the dedicated employees who have bottled and believed in Pepsi over the years,” said Halton, as her voice broke and she paused to wipe her eyes.

The bottler, one of two original Pepsi franchises, employs more than 380 workers at its South Boulevard plant.

Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory and Dawn Hudson, president and CEO of Pepsi North America, joined Thursday’s festivities.

Maybe we can get a name change passage of Pepsi U through Raleigh easier. “On A-10 TV today… from Sierra Mist Court in Dale Halton Arena, it’s the Dayton Flyers facing the Charlotte 49ers.” :smiley:

…

She could run our football program. :smiley:

Well they finally updated the site with the April & May issues at the same time, so the story is buried. Here’s a direct link:

Pouring It On 100 Years, 1905-2005

Very impressive! Dale’s sense of accountability, ownership, and loyalty are very admirable.

What I still don’t understand is why they named it Halton Arena instead of Pepsi Arena?
If I was a Pepsi stockholder, I’d sue that she’s using company funds to promote her own name. If Pepsi’s name was used, then it should be Pepsi’s name on the building, otherwise, Mrs. Halton just ripped off all the Pepsi stockholders.

P.S. Coke tastes better.

Good grief! It was her money ken that she gave for the arena naming rights, she owns the franchise for bottling the product.

[b]Now the longest-lived and largest [b]independently-owned[/b] Pepsi-Cola bottling franchise in the world, it maintains its corporate office in Charlotte’s South End.

The president and CEO is none other than Barksdale (“Dale”) Halton, a spunky, straight-spoken woman who also just happens to be the granddaughter of the original franchise owners, Henry B. and Sadie Clarkson Fowler. While Halton didn’t anticipate working within, much less owning and operating the family business, she has influenced the company’s growth perhaps as much as her grandfather’s original vision.[/b]

But it’s a publicly traded stock.
She ripped of the Pepsi shareholders. It should be the Pepsi Arena.
She’s an Enron wanna-be.

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@May 12 2005, 10:35 PM [b] But it's a publicly traded stock. She ripped of the Pepsi shareholders. It should be the Pepsi Arena. She's an Enron wanna-be. [/b]
If you are serious... :rolleyes:

If you aren’t, don’t show up at improv unless you want booed off stage.

My $.02