OT: Dr Doug Orr, Warren Wilson College

One of our former vice chancellors, Doug Orr, is president of Warren Wilson College in Swannanowa. He is retiring after 15 years. Dr. Orr was a strong, strong supporter of athletics while at UNC Charlotte.

Enjoy your retirement!

[URL=http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060513/NEWS01/60512066][B]Orr exits Warren Wilson College in style[/B][/URL], Asheville Citizen-Times

Doug Orr was responsible for bringing in Jeff Mullins. That change brought us back from the graveyard after Hal Wissel worked his magic.

During the last year of Wisselโ€™s rein, I approached Orr at a game and told him that some changes needed to be made or our program was going down the toilet. He listened to everything I said and then asked that I write a letter to him with my complaints.

Of course, I followed through. I wondered at the time how many other letters with similar complaints that Orr received.

On the academic side, Orr was a mover and shaker with our university and helped put us on the map.

[QUOTE=Colorado49er;173533]Doug Orr was responsible for bringing in Jeff Mullins. That change brought us back from the graveyard after Hal Wissel worked his magic.
[/QUOTE]

I love the story behind this: the meeting at The Blue Mist, etc. Very intriguing.