OT: Problems in Memphis

[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Dec 16 2004, 12:56 AM [b] Just try to get within 22 points of us. [/b]
Here's what I find hilarious about Memphidiots.

We beat them in our house a few years ago, two times in a row I think, and they whine and complain that the wins don’t mean anything because it was at our house. I read on more than one thread, “wait til you play us at our place”.

Then we play them there and they win and that win means something more. :rolleyes:

Squid, your team sucks and you will lose when you come to Halton this year. It will most likely be the last time you face the Niners unless we schedule you as a mid-major early game in the coming seasons.

Maybe we can make it one of those bracket buster games! :lol:

Please, 6BC calling Memphis a mid-major is hilarious. Great attendance for that game against Alabama! A whole 8,500 showed up to that one. You should have given out the bobbleheads for that one!

Just get within 22 points of us please. We are also quite worried about having Iti released upon us. I’ve heard that he’s the next Hakeem. Call me when your city gives two shits about your team.

Memphis fans are some of the worst smack talkers ever.
I’d ask Catswin to slam us just to give you guys a shot in the arm, but he probably hates those losers more than we do. Pathetic.

And that lame 6BC crap?

Semi-randomly

Davidson
NC State
South Carolina
Charlotte
Duke
Chapel Hill
South Carolina
Clemson
Wake Forest

There’s 9 Carolina schools. Morons at Memphis think Carolina = North Carolina. Just so you know what you’re dealing with when you see that lameness.

Okay. So. 9BC, whoever it is, is better than 1BT… First Best in Tennessee for the uninitiated. I’ll even give Memphis 1BT honors, even though UT would whoop up on them. There. I admit it. MEMPHIS IS NUMBER ONE… in lowly Tennessee.

:rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Dec 16 2004, 10:51 AM [b] Maybe we can make it one of those bracket buster games! :lol: [/b]
After this year, only if it's in the NIT.

Memphis is the France of college basketball. Never has one team acted so superior yet accomplished virtually nothing.

trash?? I’m not talking trash at all. I’m just giving you facts.

1. You play in a barn
  2. You can’t draw over 9k for a nationally ranked opponent
  3. You’ve been on national TV ZERO times this year.
  4. The A-10 is mid-major
  5. Iti is the biggest bust I can remember
  6. You lost by 22 last year
  7. The Charlotte media gives your team no coverage unless Cincy is in town. (I know this, I lived in Charlotte for 4 years)
  8. Your greeks love to wear any colors other than green. Nothing like seeing the lower bowl with colors for the opposing team.
  9. You will have no problem keeping Lutz, as no one wants him.

This is not trash, just the facts.

6BC is correct, I was actually putting you guys in front of South Carolina and Clemson, but if you want to be behind them, we can update that number.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner+Dec 16 2004, 11:00 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MKNiner @ Dec 16 2004, 11:00 AM)

What do these memphidiots have on us? Both our losses this year have been by 1.5 points on average. Their losses, even though the competition was fierce, were embarassments. For all the talk about how withers got a DUI how about your players can’t even stay on the team, maybe banks expensed some more pimp canes and furs to his memphis account. Sorry your state has zero basketball history memphis, Sorry that you find it funny to pick on a school in a state with teams that have won 8 nat’l championships between them. So, heres to you memphis, you are king in tenessee, king of the losers.

fsquid, reading your posts convince me that you believe you could explain yourself to a roach and have it understand.

[b]6BC is correct, I was actually putting you guys in front of South Carolina and Clemson, but if you want to be behind them, we can update that number.[/b]

That’s still 8BC. As I explained, even 9BC > 1BT.
You’re having problems with reading comprehension, I can see. I’m sorry.

[b]1. You play in a barn[/b]

No, we play in a pretty nice arena. But that barn you talk about will be where you lose to us this year. Get mentally prepared for it.

[b]2. You can't draw over 9k for a nationally ranked opponent[/b]

Sad, but true. However it doesn’t change the fact we’re better than you despite your greasy coach and cry baby players.

[b]3. You've been on national TV ZERO times this year.[/b]

The only reason you’ve been on national TV is b/c you got to play in two tournaments, both of which you lost by the way. Way to represent the conference.

[b]4. The A-10 is mid-major[/b]

How many of the New A-10 teams made the tourney last year in comparison with the New C-USA? Add those up and then try and tell me the new C-USA will be better than the new A-10. C-USA will suck after this year and you know it.

[b]5. Iti is the biggest bust I can remember[/b]

You must have a pretty short memory. Can you say Ronald Curry?

[b]6. You lost by 22 last year[/b]

After beating you the two previous times we’d played. We’ll beat you this year, keep the kleenex handy.

[b]7. The Charlotte media gives your team no coverage unless Cincy is in town. (I know this, I lived in Charlotte for 4 years)[/b]

Glad you left. My property value soared once you crossed the city line. And I guess you haven’t been paying attention this year, we’ve gotten excellent coverage so far this year.

[b]8. Your greeks love to wear any colors other than green. Nothing like seeing the lower bowl with colors for the opposing team.[/b]

That I can’t argue with, it truly does suck.

[b]6BC is correct, I was actually putting you guys in front of South Carolina and Clemson, but if you want to be behind them, we can update that number.[/b]

Name 6 carolina schools that have had more success than us over the past 10 years. Tarholes, Duke, Wake is it. NC State is probably a wash.

You’re a moron. That’s not trash, just the facts.

You’re gonna talk about our game attendance when the Tigers have averaged 49% capacity in a building that seats 18,4000? Give me a break!

And while I sincerely doubt your announced attendance figures are any more accurate (always with 00s at the end?) than the 49ers, at least our average is 80% of building capacity this season.

Boy, I wish Charlotte had a football team. Then, the 49ers could have a chance to go to a bowl game in a stadium that features:

New Infra-structure - all new wiring and power supply…all new plumbing and larger water supply*

Light Towers - the towers were taken down, repaired, repainted, revised and reinstalled*

*these facts provided courtesy of memphistigers.org

Be still my beating heart, how have I ever lived without these kind of opportunies? :rolleyes:

They call Charlotte “6BC”, Charlotte calls them “Memphidiots”.

Memphidiots is easy for anyone to figure out.
6BC means ???

Hey Memphis fans, if you are going to create a nickname for Charlotte…here is a clue. Associate it with something meaningful to a 49ers fan.

6BC means nothing. If you feel compelled to explain it, it will mean even less.

I’m starting to understand where someone would have come up with the name “Memphidiot”.

[b]1. You play in a barn[/b]
That's not fact, that's an opinion. Halton Arena is one of the finest facilities of its size in the nation. That's a fact.
[b]2. You can't draw over 9k for a nationally ranked opponent[/b]
Our attendance has been steadily increasing for years. I can't say you can expect yours to get better in a depleted C-USA.
[b]3. You've been on national TV ZERO times this year. [/b]
And I've had the pleasure of watching the Tigers get beat twice so far on TV. Great job guys.
[b]4. The A-10 is mid-major[/b]
Well, that's just wrong. Did you even watch the NCAA tournament last year?
[b]5. Iti is the biggest bust I can remember[/b]
He's a sophomore. Hardly a bust yet.
[b]7. The Charlotte media gives your team no coverage [/b]
I am delighted to refute this now. The Observer has a dedicated writer for us now. There's something written just about daily.
[b]8. Your greeks love to wear any colors other than green. [/b]
Who cares.
[b]9. You will have no problem keeping Lutz[/b]
I wouldn't let Cal back my car out of my driveway.
[i]Originally posted by NormanNiner[/i]@Dec 16 2004, 11:19 AM [b] I wouldn't let Cal back my car out of my driveway. [/b]
Excellent point. Let him find another way for his players to haul their fur coats.

Besides Tulsa and UTEP will anyone in conference USA next year be worth a crap? For all the cracks on the A-10 at least Xavier, Richmond and St. Joes are recognizable. Sorry, Tulsa may be known but they are horrible after about 2-3 years of being good. Rice, SMU, ECU have never been good, nor will ever be good. The A-10 will at least have 3-4 teams that will be nationally televised. CUSA will have one, if they’re lucky. So you can have the largest arena this side of the carrier dome for all I care, are you going to fill it for those nailbiters with Rice, and more importantly, nobody outside of tennessee will give a crap. Better start pitching those recruits the new improved pimp package, now with 30% more furs.

[b]That's still 8BC. As I explained, even 9BC > 1BT.[/b]

81-59 last year, but that’s too logical.

[b]Our attendance has been steadily increasing for years. I can't say you can expect yours to get better in a depleted C-USA.[/b]

well no shit, when you guys don’t draw flies to your games, of course its going to go up. Just so you guys know, attendance at my church league adult games have gone up too. I guess I should start comparing them to the Tigers!

[b]That's not fact, that's an opinion. Halton Arena is one of the finest facilities of its size in the nation. That's a fact.[/b]

finest? Get a video replay screen that doesn’t look like its being operated by an Atari. The Memphis practice facility has nicer equipment than your barn.

[b]Well, that's just wrong. Did you even watch the NCAA tournament last year?[/b]

and see what? Congrats to St. Joe’s glad to see them follow up that great run with a great season this year. 40 to Kansas?? OUCH!

[b]I am delighted to refute this now. The Observer has a dedicated writer for us now. There's something written just about daily.[/b]

Glad to hear this. Only took what? 30 something years?

[b]I wouldn't let Cal back my car out of my driveway.[/b]

I doubt Cal would even grace your neighborhood unless he’s looking for people to clean his pool or rake his leaves.

[b] You're gonna talk about our game attendance when the Tigers have averaged 49% capacity in a building that seats 18,4000? Give me a break![/b]

No idea where you are getting this. We sold 16k season tickets. If they don’t want to show up, that’s their problem. The money is going to the program.

[b]Sad, but true. However it doesn't change the fact we're better than you despite your greasy coach and cry baby players.[/b]

22 points again. I hope you improved by that many.

[b]The only reason you've been on national TV is b/c you got to play in two tournaments, both of which you lost by the way. Way to represent the conference.[/b]

Also our game with Purdue was televised. Heck, they even put us on TV against a sorry opponent like Purdue. However, when 6BC plays Alabama, did they even get on local TV? I doubt many people cared as evidenced by your lovely attendence

Let’s review:

Memphis has better facilities
Memphis has a better program
Memphis can actually afford football
Memphis has fans that care
Memphis has a coach that is wanted every offseason
Memphis does not have the biggest flop in C-USA history like Iti
Memphis basketball is talked about on talk radio shows around the city, I don’t think 6BC is mentioned. Does Lutz even have a coaches show?
Memphis beat 6BC by 22 last season, yet somehow will lose this year although neither team has changed that much.
Charlotte needs an American Idol candidate to sell tickets.

Keep dwelling in the past squid, it’s all you have left to cling to given the future of your program.

You will lose this year when you come to Halton, and you know it. Then we’ll see how you feel about losing to 6BC.

[b]Memphis beat 6BC by 22 last season, yet somehow will lose this year although neither team has changed that much.[/b]

You lost Burks, your team’s best player is a whining punk and you’re getting waxed by every good team you play.

Curtis, Martin, Plav, Baldwin, Basden are all year older and better than last year.

Like it was stated, 9BC is better than 1BT.

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Dec 16 2004, 01:59 PM [b] Besides Tulsa and UTEP will anyone in conference USA next year be worth a crap? For all the cracks on the A-10 at least Xavier, Richmond and St. Joes are recognizable. Sorry, Tulsa may be known but they are horrible after about 2-3 years of being good. Rice, SMU, ECU have never been good, nor will ever be good. The A-10 will at least have 3-4 teams that will be nationally televised. CUSA will have one, if they're lucky. So you can have the largest arena this side of the carrier dome for all I care, are you going to fill it for those nailbiters with Rice, and more importantly, nobody outside of tennessee will give a crap. Better start pitching those recruits the new improved pimp package, now with 30% more furs. [/b]
UAB is also pretty good. They beat this team called Kentucky last season. I've heard they are good. Don't worry about Memphis in C-USA. We are guaranteed a birth in the tourney every year and our schedule is already set up with name opponents next season to improve our RPI.

Richmond is recognizable?? They had a win against Syracuse, that’s it. I guess we should start calling Florida A&M and Nevada name opponents now.

[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Dec 16 2004, 02:21 PM [b] UAB is also pretty good. They beat this team called Kentucky last season. I've heard they are good. Don't worry about Memphis in C-USA. We are guaranteed a birth in the tourney every year and our schedule is already set up with name opponents next season to improve our RPI.

Richmond is recognizable?? They had a win against Syracuse, that’s it. I guess we should start calling Florida A&M and Nevada name opponents now. [/b]

UAB= 1 year wonders.

C-USA will suck and unless you dominate and win every game ala UNLV of the 90’s you won’t sniff the tournament.

Who gives a crap about you scheduling name opponents if you don’t beat them. You had “name” opponents a few years back, lost to all of them and that got you to the NIT.

Keep up your illusions of that guranteed birth in the tourney. Cause unless you’re guranteed to win the C-USA tourney every year that’s very unlikely.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Dec 16 2004, 02:19 PM [b] Keep dwelling in the past squid, it's all you have left to cling to given the future of your program.

You will lose this year when you come to Halton, and you know it. Then we’ll see how you feel about losing to 6BC.

Like it was stated, 9BC is better than 1BT. [/b]

Come to Halton and play in front of 5k?? Going to Charlotte to play 6BC is like playing down in Houston. I don’t think our players will be intimdated or will be losing to 6BC this year.

The future is bright fellas. State of the art facilities, 16k season tickets sold each year, and fans that actually care about the program and a city that is abuzz with talk each basketball season.

My question is, if 6BC beat Illinois, would anyone even notice? It would probably be on page 5 of the Observer behind the Panthers punter’s latest quote.