OT: Stones were Great

Great Stones concert tonight. They played mainly their old stuff. I guess many of you weren’t born yet way back then. Good stuff anyway.

It was difficult to evaluate the new arena because it was set up for a concert rather than basketball. From what I could tell, those of us going to see Eddie in December will be pretty close to the bench.

Good show. Looks like Mick is finally slowing down or had a bad wheel last night.
I might just be getting old but that sh*t was loud last nite. We were right beside the stage under the speakers and my ears are still ringing. I figured it might have been their outdoor set up down sized to a small coliseum that caused it but it was LOUD. I go to the Bristol night race and have seen The Who, AC/DC, and Metallica but that was as loud as I can remember in a long, long time.

I was not impressed with the new coliseum at all. Pretty bland looking outside and just average inside. The support staff was definitely on their best behavior last night. I got the feeling they were all still trying to sell me something I did not want.

I think 4th street is the best way in and out. No hassles at all.

I was at the durham RS show and I thought AC/DC was better but the stones were good. AC/DC made me wanna never pick up a guitar again because I felt like after that I had nothing to contribute to music and felt that all other music was complete garbage for a week. It was that good!!! :headbang:

Saw the Stones the first time they came to the QC on 11-15-65. I was 14 years old. I’ve seen them twice since, but not this time. They are an amazing music/performing act. BTW: Keith Richards will be in the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie as Jack’s father. Makes sense. He was Depp’s inspiration for that character anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Oct 22 2005, 11:33 AM [b] I might just be getting old but that sh*t was loud last nite. We were right beside the stage under the speakers and my ears are still ringing. I figured it might have been their outdoor set up down sized to a small coliseum that caused it but it was LOUD. I go to the Bristol night race and have seen The Who, AC/DC, and Metallica but that was as loud as I can remember in a long, long time. [/b]
It semed to me that it got a little louder about halfway into the show. It was not the loudest concert I've ever been to. Still loud though.