OT: thoughts and prayers requested

As some of you know, I teach at Robinson High School in Concord. I don’t know many detailsyet, but a colleague of mine sustained major head injuries this weekend in a freak accident and is currently in “very critical” condition and is not expected to make it. Any thoughts and prayers you can send towards him and towards Robinson would be appreciated - it’s going to be a rough week at school.

Oh man… I never know what to say in these threads… I’ll keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. I graduated from there in '04. I hope the school can handle it well.:unhappy:

My wife and I will certainly be praying for him. Is there family?

Thoughts and prayers go out to the teacher, family and school. Hope for the best!

[QUOTE=ChevEE;190470]My wife and I will certainly be praying for your collegue. Is there family?[/QUOTE]
He’s not a native of the area, but yes, he has family with him right now. It finally came out what happened - he and some other guys from school were down in Hilton Head for one of the guy’s bachelor party. They were playing golf and Ben fell out of the golf cart at some point and hit his head on the street.

There’s very little brain activity and he’s in a coma at a hospital in Savannah. The family is currently deciding what to do.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;190472]He’s not a native of the area, but yes, he has family with him right now. It finally came out what happened - he and some other guys from school were down in Hilton Head for one of the guy’s bachelor party. They were playing golf and Ben fell out of the golf cart at some point and hit his head on the street.

There’s very little brain activity and he’s in a coma at a hospital in Savannah. The family is currently deciding what to do.[/QUOTE]
Man that sucks! They are are definitely in our prayers.

[QUOTE=UNCCTF;190472]He’s not a native of the area, but yes, he has family with him right now. It finally came out what happened - he and some other guys from school were down in Hilton Head for one of the guy’s bachelor party. They were playing golf and Ben fell out of the golf cart at some point and hit his head on the street.

There’s very little brain activity and he’s in a coma at a hospital in Savannah. The family is currently deciding what to do.[/QUOTE]

That is terrible, I use to drive a golf cart with little regard for safety, then I was playing with a buddy who told me the story of his brother getting killed when he fell out of a golf cart and hit his head and never woke up. I am always very careful now. Very tragic, hoping for a miracle…

Oh man that’s terrible… :frowning: Thinking about him…

Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Thoughts and prayers go out from me as well. That’s very saddening news.

He's not a native of the area, but yes, he has family with him right now. It finally came out what happened - he and some other guys from school were down in Hilton Head for one of the guy's bachelor party. They were playing golf and Ben fell out of the golf cart at some point and hit his head on the street.

There’s very little brain activity and he’s in a coma at a hospital in Savannah. The family is currently deciding what to do.

oh man that isn’t good at all. i’ll be keepin them in my thoughts and prayers!

What a terrible thing to happen. All of my prayers and thoughts go out to he and his entire family.

Very sad. I hate hearing about things like this. Thoughts and Prayers.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Sadly, Ben Parsons passed away early this afternoon after being taken off life support. He was 28 years old. The green ribbon in my avatar is in his honor - he was an alumnus and rabid fan of Marshall University, and all faculty and students at Robinson are now wearing those.

:unhappy:

Hate hearing when young people pass before their time.

Rest in peace Ben.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/493869.html

Condolences to all those affected by his death. Obviously he made a difference in the lives of many.