OT: US Open

Mickelson looks like he’s finally figuring out how to win the big ones.

“You perform the way you prepare,” said Mickelson. “My preparation has been much better heading into Augusta and Shinnecock.”

A good motto for our troops heading into the '04 - '05 campaign.

I hope Phil gets the 2nd straight major also.

David Duval is +10 on the day. Poor guy. I hope he can get it going again.

I’m hoping Bubba plays better tomorrow.

Well, Bubba can play loose since he’s so far out of contention.

Don’t you mean “loose”?

[quote=“49r9r, post:5, topic:3609”]Don’t you mean “loose”?[/quote]Yes.

I seriously think E or -1 will win this Championship. Anyone at +5 or better after today will be sitting nicely. If they stop watering the closely mown areas behind the greens and the wind picks up, this course will be borderline impossible.

Tiger has a great chance to win- doesn’t have to hit driver on this course which is BS

clt says there is a 670 yard par 5.

Let’s go Jeff Curl!

Related: I’m disappointed that the Open is not being played at Brookline next year for the 100 year anniversary of Ouimet’s win. That would have been really cool. I think the course is probably still viable (or adjustable to be viable) having hosted the Ryder Cup in 99 and an Open as recently as the late 80’s.

I know- I always pull for him now. He seemed aloof and cold when he was at the top of his game. After his fall from grace I already pulled for him but then I read A Good Walk Spoiled and started to realize he wasn’t necessarily as cold and aloof as he had seemed, which made me pull for him more.

He had a great chance, before firing a smooth 75 yesterday. Out of the last 11 pairings, only 1 guy posted a score worse than 75. He’s still not out though, especially with the wind forecast to gust to 30mph this afternoon. But then again, he’s never came from behind to win a major either.

Hope Curl has a great round. If he can shoot around E today, he could make some $$$.

I think Westwood gets it done today

Westwood has been steady. I’m keeping an eye on 3 previous US Open winners though-GMac, Furyk and the Big Easy. Would be cool to see Hossler finish in the top 10.

I think that Simpson guy that played for Wake will win it.

You mean the guy that is a Charlotte resident?

Tell us more Nostradamus.

I thought this would be about the Soccer US Open. How are the Charlotte Eagles 3-8-3 in 13 games at a AA level, but are 3-0 in the US Open with their games against the AAA version of soccer or MLS itself? Now they’re in the quaterfinals. I wonder if they can make the final like the Charlotte 49ers soccer did?

The Eagles lost in the quarterfinals. It’s an all-MLS Final 4. Well they did beat 2 MLS teams to get this far. That’s like a AA team beating two MLB teams.