OU oversteps it's bounds

Oklahoma banned all athletes from working at the car dealership that allegedly paid 2 stars who were kicked off the team for time not worked.
Well, if it hasn’t been proved in a court of law, you can’t tell anyone where they can’t work at your school.
And 2nd, Bob Stoops has no commitment to winning. Considering QB Brett Rhomar & the other guy were essential to winning a Nat’l Title, they should have just been suspended for 1-2 games against creampuffs. Kicking them off the team will cost OU a shot at the title. Barry Switzer would never have done this. It’s time to have football coaches who care about winning. Stoops should be fired, & OU should hire a real football coach.

Oklahoma banned all athletes from working at the car dealership that allegedly paid 2 stars who were kicked off the team for time not worked. Well, if it hasn't been proved in a court of law, you can't tell anyone where they can't work at your school. And 2nd, Bob Stoops has no commitment to winning. Considering QB Brett Rhomar & the other guy were essential to winning a Nat'l Title, they should have just been suspended for 1-2 games against creampuffs. Kicking them off the team will cost OU a shot at the title. Barry Switzer would never have done this. It's time to have football coaches who care about winning. Stoops should be fired, & OU should hire a real football coach.

you have got to be kidding me? do you realize how much trouble this and the other things that go on like this at the university could have gotten OU in? kicking them off the team was the right amount of punishment. Winning is important but being able to have all your scholarships for the next 10 years is as well.

Please do not say anything bad about huggins after your post. thanks.

[QUOTE=ninerID;185908]
Please do not say anything bad about huggins after your post. thanks.
[/QUOTE]

i was going to. but there’s no need to. i’m sure huggins is one of the first 2 or 3 coaches that came to everyone’s mind when they read this.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;185904]Oklahoma banned all athletes from working at the car dealership that allegedly paid 2 stars who were kicked off the team for time not worked.
Well, if it hasn’t been proved in a court of law, you can’t tell anyone where they can’t work at your school.
And 2nd, Bob Stoops has no commitment to winning. Considering QB Brett Rhomar & the other guy were essential to winning a Nat’l Title, they should have just been suspended for 1-2 games against creampuffs. Kicking them off the team will cost OU a shot at the title. Barry Switzer would never have done this. It’s time to have football coaches who care about winning. Stoops should be fired, & OU should hire a real football coach.[/QUOTE]
Uh, guys, I think Stone cold was being ironic. If not, I apoligize.

I’m pretty sure he’s serious.

this can’t be serious

Oklahoma banned all athletes from working at the car dealership that allegedly paid 2 stars who were kicked off the team for time not worked. Well, if it hasn't been proved in a court of law, you can't tell anyone where they can't work at your school. And 2nd, Bob Stoops has no commitment to winning. Considering QB Brett Rhomar & the other guy were essential to winning a Nat'l Title, they should have just been suspended for 1-2 games against creampuffs. Kicking them off the team will cost OU a shot at the title. Barry Switzer would never have done this. It's time to have football coaches who care about winning. Stoops should be fired, & OU should hire a real football coach.

For a moment I am ashamed to have went to school at Charlotte.

I don’t blast Huggins, & I’ve said before I’m for winning, & it’s not cheating if you don’t get caught.
That being said, 1 or 2 games is sufficient punishment, & the U. has no business telling grown people where to work. We are in the US, not Russia or China.
I may be controversial, but I have a right to my opinion.

I’ll trade a nat’l title for a couple of years probation.
Winning IS everything.

I'll trade a nat'l title for a couple of years probation. Winning IS everything.

It’s not just a couple of years, though. It drags on with killed recruiting and a bad image.

For example:

1. Michigan is just starting play something called basketball after their scandals.
  2. St. Bonnies, dead.
  3. UNLV, that program has never been close to success since LJ’s time there.
  4. NC State in the late 80’s and 90’s. I will say Valvano’s leaving helped in the collapse, but the scandal wrapped around that university then killed recruiting. They played many games with 6 scholarships.

Yeah, everyone will remember the champoinship, but everyone will also remember the scandal.

I'll trade a nat'l title for a couple of years probation. Winning IS everything.
1) I wouldn't want to hoist a banner that has to come down. More and more the punished have to vacate. 2) Do you really think we could cheat to the extent that other schools could? It's in our best interests, especially when we get football, to not have this in college sports.
This is always an interesting statement to make. If you say anything bad about the comment, stonecold says he was joking. If you don't, he leaves it alone. Surprisingly enough, however, he has decided to just admit that he believes "winning IS everything" and it is ok to cheat to win.

I hope this guy (Stonecold) doesn’t do anything professionally that affects other people’s livelihood… This goes beyond ethics into breaking the law.

I don't blast Huggins, & I've said before I'm for winning, & it's not cheating if you don't get caught. That being said, 1 or 2 games is sufficient punishment, & the U. has no business telling grown people where to work. We are in the US, not Russia or China. I may be controversial, but I have a right to my opinion.

You have rights, as stupid as they may be.

I don't blast Huggins, & I've said before I'm for winning, & it's not cheating if you don't get caught. That being said, 1 or 2 games is sufficient punishment, & the U. has no business telling grown people where to work. We are in the US, not Russia or China. I may be controversial, but I have a right to my opinion.

The university has plenty of business telling them where to work because the school is giving them a scholarship. If the players don’t like the rules, they don’t have to accept the scholarship. And it is cheating even if you don’t get caught. Just that nobody knows about it. That doesn’t make it okay.

haha

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;186058]I don’t blast Huggins, & I’ve said before I’m for winning, & it’s not cheating if you don’t get caught.
That being said, 1 or 2 games is sufficient punishment, & the U. has no business telling grown people where to work. We are in the US, not Russia or China.
I may be controversial, but I have a right to my opinion.[/QUOTE]

They do if they’re footing the bill, they can tell these kids where to work because a dealership is the oldest gifts to athletes front in the world, i.e. derrick coleman leased a jeep for $1 a month while in college, but has all the legal paperwork, it was legit, but the dealer found a way to get around it. These are the cheap underhanded ways colleges with big-time boosters lure recruits. You’re right, even though I don’t like it, it’s only cheating if you get caught, and they got caught, so it IS cheating.

SCK has always admited he doesn’t mind cheating.

And I’m sure we bend the rules as much as we can to get recruits. Everyone does.

Do you not understand what NCAA athletes have to go through just to work a job? Paychecks must be sent and reviewed by the ahtletic dept. at most schools before the athlete even gets them, to ensure that they are paid fairly.

Any business that unfairly pays athletes violates NCAA rules and sets the school up for serious consequences.

Had Stoops let those kids play, yeah, they’d have a shot at the title. Then they’d be stuck in mediocrity for about 10 years. Look at Alabama. A booster acting on his own paid a high school coach to sway a kid’s decision. The kid went to Tennessee, and we still haven’t clawed our way out of the trouble that got us in.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;303336]Do you not understand what NCAA athletes have to go through just to work a job? Paychecks must be sent and reviewed by the ahtletic dept. at most schools before the athlete even gets them, to ensure that they are paid fairly.

Any business that unfairly pays athletes violates NCAA rules and sets the school up for serious consequences.

Had Stoops let those kids play, yeah, they’d have a shot at the title. Then they’d be stuck in mediocrity for about 10 years. Look at Alabama. A booster acting on his own paid a high school coach to sway a kid’s decision. The kid went to Tennessee, and we still haven’t clawed our way out of the trouble that got us in.[/QUOTE]

and Phil Fulmer is a terd