Our first football coach.

Mods you can move this I do not have time I am getting ready to watch it again and wait for my neighbor to come out for the mail and hit him for a 10 yard loss. STOP THAT SWEEP!!

http://deadspin.com/337203/coach-jim-rackley-has-no-off-switch

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;279019]Mods you can move this I do not have time I am getting ready to watch it again and wait for my neighbor to come out for the mail and hit him for a 10 yard loss. STOP THAT SWEEP!!

http://deadspin.com/337203/coach-jim-rackley-has-no-off-switch[/QUOTE]

WOW - Dude is going to have a heart attack on the sidelines!

From what I understand, the Board is going to encourage the school to interview candidates as early as this summer. The idea is to have a coach in place by 2009 to adequately recruit the Class of 2011 (there will be a redshirted class).

A few names have already been leaked (such as Coach Knotts). Since the first couple years will deal with setting up the infrastructure for a football team and recruiting - the idea is to get someone with some intelligence and administration skills (and networking ability). Also - to be able to sell themselves and the program.

One name has emerged and (not coincidentally) pushed a unanimous vote by the board a bit sooner than expected. Based on the stuff I’m hearing through the grapevine, this name will emerge in the recommendation to be sent to the chancellor - so we should hear something official soon. Of all the candidates expected to be interviewed, he will most likely be at the top of the list.

• Graduated from Southern Methodist University '76 - where he received the SMU Alumni Award and the Mike Kelsey Award. Named captain of the football team

• Drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in 1977 but ended his career early w/knee problems - still active in the Player’s Association

• Joined the Toronto Argonauts organization in the CFL

It sounds like he might have an easy time relating to high schoolers - and has had the experience of being recruited by numerous schools (Penn State, Ohio State, etc.) according to his bio. I also found this:

[B][URL=http://www.dailymotion.com/cluster/sport/country:ca/tag/song/video/x2s7t2_hacksaw-jim-duggan-sings_music]LINK[/URL][/B]

I think we should get him.

[QUOTE=survivor45;279024]From what I understand, the Board is going to encourage the school to interview candidates as early as this summer. The idea is to have a coach in place by 2009 to adequately recruit the Class of 2011 (there will be a redshirted class).

A few names have already been leaked (such as Coach Knotts). Since the first couple years will deal with setting up the infrastructure for a football team and recruiting - the idea is to get someone with some intelligence and administration skills (and networking ability). Also - to be able to sell themselves and the program.

One name has emerged and (not coincidentally) pushed a unanimous vote by the board a bit sooner than expected. Based on the stuff I’m hearing through the grapevine, this name will emerge in the recommendation to be sent to the chancellor - so we should hear something official soon. Of all the candidates expected to be interviewed, he will most likely be at the top of the list.

• Graduated from Southern Methodist University '76 - where he received the SMU Alumni Award and the Mike Kelsey Award. Named captain of the football team

• Drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in 1977 but ended his career early w/knee problems - still active in the Player’s Association

It sounds like he might have an easy time relating to high schoolers - and has had the experience of being recruited by numerous schools (Penn State, Ohio State, etc.) according to his bio. I also found this:

[B][URL=http://www.dailymotion.com/cluster/sport/country:ca/tag/song/video/x2s7t2_hacksaw-jim-duggan-sings_music]LINK[/URL][/B]

I think we should get him.[/QUOTE]

I hope Santa skip’s your house!!:weep::shades:

Survivor, you are my hero. Seriously.

Anyone but Knotts!! He has never even been a coordinator at the college level. We would be crazy to hire a high school coach to be our head coach.

I would suggest a top notch coordinator at the FCS level with recruiting experience. Scott Satterfield at ASU would be the first guy I would go after. He is the OC and brought the spread attack to App.

Anyone with a lot of COLLEGE football experience. We need someone who knows how a successful college football program operates so we can start out with a solid foundation.

[QUOTE=survivor45;279024]From what I understand, the Board is going to encourage the school to interview candidates as early as this summer. The idea is to have a coach in place by 2009 to adequately recruit the Class of 2011 (there will be a redshirted class).

I think we should get him.[/QUOTE]

Knowing what I know, I don’t think I have ever read anything with less factual basis (but it is funny!)

I was wondering where we will start a older college coach that hasn’t coached in a while, coach that gets fired in _ years, assistant coach from somewhere, or a high school coach? I know lost of high school coaches that can probably be a good college coach because they will be able to sell themselves to high school players because they are so full or themselves…What do you guys think