Our long lost Guard

I’ve been reading forums concerning our point guard situation for this coming year… I’ve heard Mitchell’s name mentioned and the freshmen PG Goldwire from Florida thrown into the mix… but has everyone forgot about Marcus Bennett? From my perspective when he played in the Green/White game last year he was quite impressive with his speed and his outside shot. And I haven’t heard or read anything mentioning his absence from the roster this year. I assumed that he would take over the PG spot this year. Am I over-hyped about him or did he slip under the radar because he sat out last year??

He hasn’t received permission for takeoff yet, and thus will not appear on the radar.

IIRC, he’s still going to be sitting out this year, due to problems with the NCAA.
Bummer situation, wish we could count on him as a sure thing. Kid deserves to play…
There’s more info in older threads.

[i]Originally posted by Florida49er[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 12:10 PM [b] IIRC, he's still going to be sitting out this year, due to problems with the NCAA. Bummer situation, wish we could count on him as a sure thing. Kid deserves to play... There's more info in older threads. [/b]
As far as I know he'll be sitting again but it would be nice to get an official statement on this.

I’m almost sure that killing a NCAA Trustee only means sitting out one year.

Marcus may be 33 before he ever gets to suit up. The NCAA is a joke when it come to crap like this. Mike Williams, who went pro and didn’t have nearly enough credit hours alter the fall term to even be considered a student will somehow be allowed to jam 30 or so hours into the summer and be cleared for the VaTech game while Bennett (who is a far better example of a student athlete as far as I can see) must sit.

Bull $hit!!!

Good thought though. Bennett would add some mad flava to this years squad.

He’s a player, 4 sure, I noticed that in the exhibition too. The NCAA is pretty F’d up. What him sitting out 2 years when trying to transfer from a friggin’ JUCO accomplishes, I have no idea.

[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 01:35 PM [b] He's a player, 4 sure, I noticed that in the exhibition too. The NCAA is pretty F'd up. What him sitting out 2 years when trying to transfer from a friggin' JUCO accomplishes, I have no idea. [/b]
What if he jumped straight to the NBA after two years of only practicing with the team? :unsure:

So will he still only have 1 year left?

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Aug 12 2004, 02:41 PM [b] So will he still only have 1 year left? [/b]
sadly, yes. 2005-06 will be his only year to play

So, do any of you REALLY know the reasons for him sitting, I mean ALL of the details?

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Aug 12 2004, 08:50 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Aug 12 2004, 08:50 PM)