Panthers cut Delhomme

does this open door for Vick? I want players with chips on their shoulders and he would love to play ATL 2x… and as we all know he loves our jerseys.

HAHAHAHA!

I see what you did there!

It’s been well documented the poor play Jake had on the field this last year + playoff game in 2009. So I won’t go there.

Before Jake got here, the Panthers went through one bad qb after another. I will always remember the good things Jake did on the field and off the field. He led us to a Super Bowl and played with emotion and heart on the field. I don’t think there’s a person more dissapointed in this last year then Jake Delhomme. He will get ripped by a lot of fans for what happened this year and it’s justifiable. He was terrible.

But Jake Delhomme always took it and went to the press and answered every question. He didn’t pass the blame or act like a coward. Thanks for the memories Jake and best of luck!

hellllllllllll no

not a chance

more likely a Brad Johnson type (not saying him)

hellllllllllll no

not a chance

more likely a Brad Johnson type (not saying him)[/quote]

I get the argument that so many have with Vick, “Well he paid his price. Lots of NFL players have done ‘worse’ and they’re allowed to play. Why not Vick?”

I don’t want him on the Panthers roster. I don’t think he’s that good, we barely saw him play last year, he had one really good play. If the Panthers sign him, I will have a hard time rooting for the Panthers.

[quote=“metro, post:19, topic:22627”][quote=“action49er, post:18, topic:22627”]Best QB the team has ever had, hands down. Great guy and great leader. His play in the superbowl would be stuff of legend had Kasay not screwed up and given the pats aweseom field position at the end of the game.

I do think this is the right move though. 35 years old, has had major arm surgery, and his play this past year and in the playoffs the year before was just plain horrendous. Matt Moore has shown a good deal of promise and I think he will succeed, but if he gets hurt the panthers need a veteran as the #2. Need a young guy as a 3rd Qb too. Gonna be an interesting offseason and FA.[/quote]

We still have Josh McCown, a very solid QB for a backup.

I think Josh would of saved the season had he not gotten hurt.

We need to get another young QB.[/quote]

Is McCown not a FA?

Darrin Gantt at the Rock Hill Herald is the best Panthers writer around, excellent piece on the “needs” of this team

http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/03/04/1994845/breaking-down-the-panthers-needs.html